best for video, best for games?

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
nidge

best for video, best for games?

Post by nidge »

So I have an Xbox with 128mb memory and an Xbox with 128mb memory plus a 1ghz CPU, thanks to N64 Freak :D
Both are chipped with Xecuter 3's, set to HD 720p video, and have SATA hard drives. The 1ghz has a 500gb drive and the other one has a 320gb.

My questions is which would be best for playing video and which would be best for playing games? :)
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
Dom DXecutioner

Re: best for video, best for games?

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Dang! Two 128MB Xbox; nice! I've been wanting to get one myself.

I'm no expert, but I would say they're both equally the same for video and Xbox games. You could, potentially, find that the 1GHz would play higher bitrate h264 videos, but probably not but much.

You can certainly gain the ability to launch xbmc at 720p+ with less freezing and could use skins that are heavy in RAM usage.

As for Xbox games, I don't think that the Xbox can use the additional hardware since the games were not built to take advantage of the additional hardware.

However, this could be a lot different with emulators and homebrew apps; assuming they support the additional hardware features.

Just my thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
professor_jonny

Re: best for video, best for games?

Post by professor_jonny »

A standard 733 box with or without the 128mb ram is possibly the best to play games as you get issues with in game videos and speed issues with some games running too fast.

yes you can patch them or use the speed switch but neither is 100% perfect as I have found.

the 1ghz would be best for movies and emulators as they can take advantage of the extra processing power and ram.