Subtitles broken in mkv videos

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Koitsu

Subtitles broken in mkv videos

Post by Koitsu »

Apparently broken at least from 3.5 to 3.5.3. They work on 3.5 Beta 3, but I didn't keep Betas 4 and 5.

XBMC still knows the subtitles are embedded in the mkv videos (anime) because they're still listed when I check for them, but the subtitles just don't show up. I also checked on a version from Apr 2014, and the subtitles are fine there.

Sorry if this double-posted. The first post didn't appear to show up. I waited a minute.
Dan Dar3

Re: Subtitles broken in mkv videos

Post by Dan Dar3 »

If you enable debug logging for each version you tried with, play the video, extract the logs and compare? or paste to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com and paste the links in here.

Have you seen these posts if they're anything close to your case?
Koitsu

Post by Koitsu »

Thanks for those. It does show me that while the problem was never fixed, it's at least been known for a couple years like the music thumbnail issue, so there's no need to pile on more logs. This all seems to be dying down, but most things are still good. And the files work fine on Kodi PC or my Kindle, or even r32707 for Xbox that I never deleted, so it's not the end of the world.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

You can subscrine to those threads (see bottom left corner when reading) and you can watch or comment on the ticket.
But yes, it is likely that it will not get fixed anytime soon.