xbox hdd upgrade question

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
sixties keith

xbox hdd upgrade question

Post by sixties keith »

hi all just a quick question on upgrading ther hdd in a softmodded xbox. Just wondering what the best program is still for doing this? havent done it in many years but got hold of a number of 160gb and 320gb hdd's so thought id add them to some of the xbox's im selling.

I used to use xbox hdm (i think 1.9 maybe) then used either the standard slayers or hexen to do the rest required (xbmc, xbpartitioner if required etc) just wondering if ive missed any updates or newer methods for updating the hdd. Also been told to use aid afterwards instead of slayers or hexen but i cant comment as ive never used it before.

as always thanks for the help, another couple of softmods and i'll be over 100 sold :D

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
fxmech

Re: xbox hdd upgrade question

Post by fxmech »

Hey Keith!

I like Rocky's Softmod as it has some handy utilities and convenience in a straight forward approach. Of course it's nothing to a custom BIOS!