Can't delete files or folders?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
xman

Re: Can't delete files or folders?

Post by xman »

Try another IDE cable. I still use Slayers 2.7 to build a HDD from scratched or format a single drive. Have you tried using Avalaunch to delete the effected files?. Can you manually rename the effected files?.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

I nuked the install, it was making no sense.... - started again fresh with Slayers 2.7, new IDE cable, new SATA to IDE and new ethernet cable.. I also re-scaned the drive for errors. :D

Just a quick question... when slayers disk formats the F: partition - it will use the correct cluster size? or doI have to run xbpartitioner after that?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Geeba wrote:I nuked the install, it was making no sense.... - started again fresh with Slayers 2.7, new IDE cable, new SATA to IDE and new ethernet cable.. I also re-scaned the drive for errors. :D

Just a quick question... when slayers disk formats the F: partition - it will use the correct cluster size? or doI have to run xbpartitioner after that?
No it won't it uses 16kb clusters. ( and no partition table )

So you need to use:

XBPartitioner v1.3
Or
Chimp 261811 or later
( uses the same process as XBPartitioner to format the hdd )
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Rocky5 wrote:
Geeba wrote:I nuked the install, it was making no sense.... - started again fresh with Slayers 2.7, new IDE cable, new SATA to IDE and new ethernet cable.. I also re-scaned the drive for errors. :D

No it won't it uses 16kb clusters. ( and no partition table )

So you need to use:

XBPartitioner v1.3
Or
Chimp 261811 or later
( uses the same process as XBPartitioner to format the hdd )
300Gb later............

Bo**ocks :(
xman

Post by xman »

Yep, you will need to use XbPt to alter the cluster size but before you re-cluster, try loading a few things on the drive just to test everything is looking OK. It will load and allow you to check things prior to re-clustering infact the drive will work perfectly until you get over 127GB. Once you can see all is working fine, reformat the F drive and it will delete everything anyway.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Just copying everything off the Xbox again.... ready to reformat... :(

I bet that was the issue before.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Thats killed it again....

Copied everthing off...

ran Xbpt...

Formated F: with 32k clusters and now it wont boot... it stuck on the IND BIOS screen which makes me think there is now no dash on it again.

If I go through slayers disk surely it will format the partition again and I'll be back where I started?

Is it the IND BIOS?
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

xman wrote:Yep, you will need to use XbPt to alter the cluster size but before you re-cluster, try loading a few things on the drive just to test everything is looking OK. It will load and allow you to check things prior to re-clustering infact the drive will work perfectly until you get over 127GB. Once you can see all is working fine, reformat the F drive and it will delete everything anyway.

Xman... don't suppose you could let me know the steps you take could you?

I boot off slayers disk... do the new HDD install, install XBMC and apps to E:, set XBMC as main dash... all works fine, boots to XBMC etc.

Partittion F: with xbpt and then it stuffed.... wont boot past BIOS screen... I've never even had that on a softmod box.. usually it works fine.

So it works fine until I format it.....

*** just had a look at the file system straight after Slayers disk install... it installs everything to F: as default? - why does it do that?? - so every time I format it, its wiping the dash out!
Last edited by Geeba on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Geeba wrote:
xman wrote:Yep, you will need to use XbPt to alter the cluster size but before you re-cluster, try loading a few things on the drive just to test everything is looking OK. It will load and allow you to check things prior to re-clustering infact the drive will work perfectly until you get over 127GB. Once you can see all is working fine, reformat the F drive and it will delete everything anyway.

I boot off slayers disk... do the new HDD install, install XBMC and apps to E:, set XBMC as main dash... all works fine, boots to XBMC etc.

Partittion F: with xbpt and then it stuffed.... wont boot past BIOS screen... I've never even had that on a softmod box.. usually it works fine.

Are you only formatting the F partition when using XBP?
(only changing the F partition size or pressing (A) to cycle presets)

Ind-bios supports the partition table by default so there is no reason it won't work.
(even if the partition table was disabled, ind-bios would display round about 132GB on F)

As a last ditch attempt download Chimp 261812 (get it from my github)

It will be option 4 > option 2 > option 2
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Rocky5 wrote:
Geeba wrote:

Are you only formatting the F partition when using XBP?
(only changing the F partition size or pressing (A) to cycle presets)

Ind-bios supports the partition table by default so there is no reason it won't work.
(even if the partition table was disabled, ind-bios would display round about 132GB on F)

As a last ditch attempt download Chimp 261812 (get it from my github)

It will be option 4 > option 2 > option 2
Hi Rocky... just seen that slayers disk for some unknow reason installs everything by default to F: including the dash.... coming from softmods which installs the dash to E:\Dashboard\XBMC away from what most logically would be the mass storage area F:

I never know what to download from Github.... I cant compile code to be honest.... :?
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

At the top right of the file tree, there is a green button "Clone or download" press that then "Download ZIP".
There will be a "E Partition" folder in the zip with Chimp in it.
xman

Post by xman »

Geeba wrote:

*** just had a look at the file system straight after Slayers disk install... it installs everything to F: as default? - why does it do that?? - so every time I format it, its wiping the dash out!
Arr, that is because even though you put the booting app on E Drive, the default link to that app is to F drive. Look in Slayers and you will see, " Booting app XBMC Stock HDD". You must use this even though you are using a Large HDD so it boots to E Drive. Just remember, Slayers uses E/Apps/XBMC and F/Apps/XBMC not E/XBMC and F/XBMC. Most importantly, it uses F/Apps/XBMC by default when building a "Large HDD". You Must alter that. All listed on the Slayers disc as Stock HDD simply means E/ rather than F/ when referring to the boot path. If you are doing a TSOP, HExan has all the required programs to do it if you are more familiar with HExan. I used it on the last couple of TSOPs I did when using an IND bios. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what you use. I can't comment about CHIMP, I have never used it.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

xman wrote:
Geeba wrote:

Arr, that is because even though you put the booting app on E Drive, the default link to that app is to F drive. Look in Slayers and you will see, " Booting app XBMC Stock HDD". You must use this even though you are using a Large HDD so it boots to E Drive. Just remember, Slayers uses E/Apps/XBMC and F/Apps/XBMC not E/XBMC and F/XBMC. Most importantly, it uses F/Apps/XBMC by default when building a "Large HDD". You Must alter that. All listed on the Slayers disc as Stock HDD simply means E/ rather than F/ when referring to the boot path. If you are doing a TSOP, HExan has all the required programs to do it if you are more familiar with HExan. I used it on the last couple of TSOPs I did when using an IND bios. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what you use. I can't comment about CHIMP, I have never used it.

xman! you're a LEGEND!

Thats got it... booting from E: and F: now formatted ready for files! :D