Is the XBMC4XBOX project dead

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
evan_almighty

Is the XBMC4XBOX project dead

Post by evan_almighty »

I've not seen any stirrings in the development webpage for a long time and no releases recently either.
Is it time to pack up our beloved boxes? :-(
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Is the XBMC4XBOX project dead

Post by BuZz »

Well, xbmc4xbox still works right ? ;-)

I have been busy on other projects (see http://jwills.co.uk/) but it's true that I am not doing much development on the original xbox recently.
nidge

Post by nidge »

You have been busy ;) I will have a look through your website over the weekend :)
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

I dont think the xbmc4xbox scene will ever die. yes development may stop (and we thank you many times over for your hard work buzz) but the actual users of the xbox are still going strong.

As far as users go im getting more and more pm's in relation to the xbox from the other forum so it just shows there's still interest in it.

I didnt know about your other project buzz, ill be sure to check it out :)

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Just to chime in on the Android remote app, although I had some time available to work on it I wasn't able to get another release as promised. I haven't given up on it yet, I am fully aware people are still using it though by looking at the statistics, I just couldn't make it a reality. I can't make any promises when will it happen just because I have broken my word a few times before.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Nah, I wouldn't say it's dead. Sure, it's not as bustling as it was 10 years ago but there's still new stuff going on every now and then. You still see people making scripts, improving old modding techniques, and the occasional skin / skin update. As I write this I'm formatting a hard drive for an Xbox from within Windows (thx to Qemu), which wasn't possible (correct me if I'm wrong) before March of this year. The core Xbmc4xbox project hasn't had many updates in a while but it happens when needed. Like how the IMDB scraper broke earlier this year and a release was put out which fixed it.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I will take this opportunity to thank BuZz for all the work he does on all his projects , O2 Joggler , RetroPi and this one to name a few .

I have had many , many hours of fun on his various projects over the years .
Cheers BuZz

Sent from my Smart Ultra 6 using Tapatalk
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Cheers back ! :-)

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Feeder

Post by Feeder »

Thanks Buzz! Now you've done it. I checked out your page and it look like I will be putting together a RetroPie after a couple renovation projects on the house.

For the record XBMC4XBOX is the only dashboard for the old XBOX! (Well, the only one I care to use.)

As for development... If it's not broken, don't fix it. XBMC4XBOX does everything I ever wanted very nicely!