Xbox 1,4ghz switchable and 128mb off Ram

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
N64 freak

Xbox 1,4ghz switchable and 128mb off Ram

Post by N64 freak »

So finally i can offer you a 1,4ghz upgraded Board for the Xbox.
The Board is a 1.4ghz switchable upgraded Board that does also have 128mb installed. If wanted i can also add a pinheader to it.
The Boards do normally have the Xecuter 2 4983.67 Bios flashed to the Tsop but i can also flash an IND5003 or any Bios off your choice.
A complete console would also be possible but would cost a little extra. Installing such a board is quite easy as the Board matches into a retail case without any modification!
Only the switch needs a whole drilled to the front off course!

At the moment i can only supply one board as i only have one heatsink ready!
The heatsink is not installed to a board at the moment so you can choose the revision you would like as i have multiple boards ready.
---The photos in this post are from a board that shows how the board looks installed. This particular board is already sold and is only used to show how good the upgrade matches into a retail case!---

A bare board runs to 210€ +shipping costs.
The board does include the easily removable switch and cable for it.

PS: A Xerc2 including install does cost 15€ extra!

If you want to take a closer look at the Boards you can do it at Assemblergames under the following link:
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/xbo ... one.59935/
And here's a first review to one off my boards:
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/n64 ... iew.61280/

Image Image
Geeba

Re: Xbox 1,4ghz switchable and 128mb off Ram

Post by Geeba »

Amazing work N64 - as like your 1Ghz board I have now it looks like it came that way from Microsoft, incrdible :D

out of curiosity do you still have to patch software if you can switch the CPU to half speed?

I need to start saving! ;)

I've got loads of the Tualatin 1.4Ghz CPUs if you need any.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I'll become a collector of your works. My previous order ended up being the largest (and most expensive) shipment ever. Moreover it took the longest!

Still worth it, and would do it again, especially for the 1.4GHz! Yay!

It has been a pleasure watching your skills and knowledge grow over the past couple years. I hope that it brings you rewards more than just practice for your other job.

@N64 freak and @benny_diamond - can one of you just ship a giant crate of your products to the other so the current aftermarket Xbox buyer doesnt need to pay so much shipping? You both are basically the only 2 active pimps on the hardware modding scene.
Geeba wrote: I need to start saving! ;)

Barter? :)
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I'll become a collector of your works. My previous order ended up being the largest (and most expensive) shipment ever. Moreover it took the longest!

Still worth it, and would do it again, especially for the 1.4GHz! Yay!

It has been a pleasure watching your skills and knowledge grow over the past couple years. I hope that it brings you rewards more than just practice for your other job.

@N64 freak and @benny_diamond - can one of you just ship a giant crate of your products to the other so the current aftermarket Xbox buyer doesnt need to pay so much shipping? You both are basically the only 2 active pimps on the hardware modding scene.
Geeba wrote: I need to start saving! ;)

Barter? :)
othello

Post by othello »

Very good job, I'm very interesting to get 1.4ghz upgrade by yourself but is a bad time for me at this moment :(
I'm sure your work is a solid rock ;)
evan_almighty

Post by evan_almighty »

N64 freak wrote:So finally i can offer you a 1,4ghz upgraded Board for the Xbox.
The Board is a 1.4ghz switchable upgraded Board that does also have 128mb installed. If wanted i can also add a pinheader to it.
The Boards do normally have the Xecuter 2 4983.67 Bios flashed to the Tsop but i can also flash an IND5003 or any Bios off your choice.
A complete console would also be possible but would cost a little extra. Installing such a board is quite easy as the Board matches into a retail case without any modification!

The heatsink is not installed to a board at the moment so you can choose the revision you would like as i have multiple boards ready.
---The photos in this post are from a board that shows how the board looks installed. This particular board is already sold and is only used to show how good the upgrade matches into a retail case!---

If you want to take a closer look at the Boards you can do it at Assemblergames under the following link:

Image Image
Woohoo, brilliant news! Congratulations! :-)
How much would an upgrade to an existing board be, if I supplied a donor board with it for the memory?
(That is if you are willing to do that kind of mod?)
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

Well it wouldn't be a lot cheaper as i normally buy a good board and a donor for the ram for about 25€.
So if you wanted to supply a clean board and the ram (donor board) it would be a total off 185€+shipping costs.

PS: I'm only offering this service for people living in the european union. Getting an Xbox through customs is a pain and i won't do that!
And please check the motherboard you want to have upgraded for corrosion or a leaked clock cap!

Got 3 boards ready so you could just buy one from me to save on shipping costs.
But that's your choice!
Dogfyter

Post by Dogfyter »

Hi N64 freak,

Nice Hardware!

Old questions and one new question;

What are the fundamental performance enhancements for xbmc or emulators and, og xbox games? I guess what are the old in's and out"s of having 128mb w/ or w/o 1 or 1.4 ghz.

ex. Does it all of it only help with emulators and xbmc/navi-x with 720p only, and I'll have to patch all the the og xbox games.

New question; Is it possible to put the toggle switch at the back of the case instead of the front? It looks like it is possible.

Thank you,
Dogfyter
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

The 1400mhz has about double the performance compared to the retail 733mhz cpu.
Well for retail games the extra performance is useless as you have to patch them to work again. Well some games don't need patching.
But i'm not doing these upgrades for people who just want to play retail games as you could just buy a 20€ xbox and could safe a lot off money!

The extra performane and Ram is usefull for emulation, XBMC and Linux. XBMC still can't play all HD content but it pushes it a lot.
Biggest problem there is also the memory bandwidth as that's a second bottleneck for HD content.

You can put the toggle switch wherever you like it to be!
The front is the easiest position as it's easily reachable but it can off course also be installed to the backoff the console.
Dogfyter

Post by Dogfyter »

Hi N64 freak,

Thanks for the response. My interest is primarily in xbmc, possibly navi-x. For years I have been wanting to add the 128mb upgrade to my other mods. I used to have xbmc and an altered python script at boot play RANDOM music from a directory that is roughly 25 gigs. But there is a limit to the amount music files that 64mb of ram can process at boot with everything else and not crash half the time.

So, if I can some how add horse power so that I can have a reliable 720p stream then maybe that too is worth. Are there circumstances that will allow for 1080p?

Also, is memory bandwith the ram, or is that something else?

Thanks again,
Dogfyter
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

It will significantly improve your experience with what you want but good luck with the 720p streams. It probably won't work. But you will be way more stable and probably won't crash when trying videos.

RAM will effectively let you do more at once with the Xbox without freezing
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

The Xboxes ddr Ram isn't the fastest and is the next bottleneck after the cpu speed.
The Xbox won't ever be able to play HD materials too well. If you convert the HD movie to a lower quality it could possibly be played without a problem.
But if you drop the quality somuch there is no sense in still using HD material and your better off with lower quality video.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

How big of an annoyance is it to get a box through customs to ship to the US? Would an extra charge on top be able to cover it for your time?
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Mine was annoying. N64 freak packaged the shipment well and it survived a hefty beating.

The shipping company is the only problem, not so much customs...
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

@GoTeamScotch: No extra funds needed for that! I only have to fill out a small customs form to ship it to the US.
Don't know how it's in the US to import such a console but exporting is no problem here!

@fxmech: I allways try packaging it up as good as possible as i know that shipping companies don't really care a lot!
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

N64 freak wrote:@GoTeamScotch: No extra funds needed for that! I only have to fill out a small customs form to ship it to the US.
Don't know how it's in the US to import such a console but exporting is no problem here!

@fxmech: I allways try packaging it up as good as possible as i know that shipping companies don't really care a lot!
Great, that's good news. I'm very interested in getting a board from you but I live in the US. I have a LE Halo Xbox I'm modding and once that sells I'll get in touch with you. I'll familiarize myself with US customs rules to make sure it all goes smoothly when it happens.

Also, I just read the review of your board in the assembler forums. I'm shocked that your boards may actually be superior to Trusty boards! His boards are pretty much legendary at this point. Of course, no disrespect towards Trusty and his work in the scene. But it sounds like you've put a lot of effort into resolving some common obstacles with this type of upgrade.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
nidge

Post by nidge »

I have an N64 1.0ghz, 128mb ram board, looks like it was factory fitted! Very pleased with it :D I'm in the UK and I had online tracking all the way.
I will take some photos later today if I remember :roll:
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
nidge

Post by nidge »

Photos of top and bottom of my N64 Freak mobo :)
The last photo is hardware info from XBMC4Xbox

http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
bluecheese720

Post by bluecheese720 »

N64 freak wrote:So finally i can offer you a 1,4ghz upgraded Board for the Xbox.

Image Image
So How do i order a board please? :D
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

@bluecheese720: PMed you!