[WIP] XBMC ORIGINS: MINIMAL GAMING MOD

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Arcanthur

[WIP] XBMC ORIGINS: MINIMAL GAMING MOD

Post by Arcanthur »

I'm working on creating a very simplistic mod of Origins. One that will have no home navigation other than games, as I don't have any need for the other parts of XBMC (at least not the XBOX version). Settings and File Manager are accessed through the guide, so you'll need the custom keymap.xml that Dom created. I've changed up a few things here and there, a few new animations, and removed some viewtypes I don't use. I should have something to share in a few days. Until then, here is where I am now:

Once I do release the mod, the emulator icons will come along with it :)
All thanks go to Dom DXecutioner for this fantastic skin, as otherwise I wouldn't be doing this.
rewind94

Re: [WIP] XBMC ORIGINS: MINIMAL GAMING MOD

Post by rewind94 »

Nice! I can't wait for this project, this is actually what I would make if I had the skills. I also think it would be so cool to see cover flow for emulators built into the dashboard, imagine selecting the cartridge image and loading the rom all from the dashboard, ah I can dream
Arcanthur

Post by Arcanthur »

Haven't had much time lately to work on the mod, so I'm releasing the emulator icons now. More icons to follow, I'll continue to update the imgur gallery as I make more

https://imgur.com/a/v1G9r
rewind94

Post by rewind94 »

Checking everyday for progress on this :D :D an early christmas present maybe? thanks to you and dom for your hard work :)
grundzio12

Post by grundzio12 »

Can you explain how do you delete some tabs like Weather or Social? I want only few tabs (Home, Music, Settings, Programs and Games) but I don't know how to do it. Thanks.
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

You can't via the skin; you'd have to edit the home.xml, however, it's not that simple if you're not familiar with skinning.
jusinbeaird

Post by jusinbeaird »

are you still working on this? i have been looking for a skin like this, this looks great.
StrikersPL

Post by StrikersPL »

Hey excellent work on the skin! I wanted to make my own minimalist version of this skin specifically for gaming which you are doing but I was wondering if this is available for download? I'd love to download it and spread the word :) props to you and Dom
belfastgonzo

Post by belfastgonzo »

I wonder if this was ever finished... I would love to try it. Origins looks so awesome, and if I had the xml knowledge, I'd use this cut down version for games and emulators only.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Since Arcanthur hasn't finished, here's the main menu only with the games panel and nothing else, I also removed the avatar from the Xperience view.

Note: to get to the system settings you press A on the options button on the side menu.

Image Image
Download

PS: I done this quick so its up to you lot now to do what you want with the xml files.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
nathan3e2

Post by nathan3e2 »

check this!!!

lite skin xbox origins
Attachments
720p.zip
(25.15 KiB) Downloaded 1084 times
Lisabeth

Post by Lisabeth »

Nice! I can't wait for this project, this is actually what I would make if I had the skills. I also think it would be so cool to see cover flow for emulators built into the dashboard, imagine selecting the cartridge image and loading the rom all from the dashboard, ah I can dream
Click at columbus deluxe
 how
ZoyaDibirova

WIP XBMC ORIGINS MINIMAL GAMING MOD

Post by ZoyaDibirova »

Ive read the wiki on uploading mods and I cant seem to figure it out. I can do everything up until the step that says register your mod. When the menu pops up in game for me, its blank, and I cant seem to figure out why. Can I get some help?
Hobbes414

Post by Hobbes414 »

Rocky5 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:07 am Since Arcanthur hasn't finished, here's the main menu only with the games panel and nothing else, I also removed the avatar from the Xperience view.

Note: to get to the system settings you press A on the options button on the side menu.

Image Image
Download

PS: I done this quick so its up to you lot now to do what you want with the xml files.

Anyone have this download still ?