FileZella Question

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
xman

FileZella Question

Post by xman »

Ive never had a need to do this before but after looking I can't see if it is even possible. Maybe I'm missing something though, that is why I am asking. I've always used FileZella to FTP to and from an Xbox on my network. The local being my PC and the remote being an Xbox. Works sweet and I rarely have issues. My question is can I go from a remote to a remote? What I'm out to do is have one Xbox FTPing to another Xbox but being able to control it from my PC. The program FileZella looks like it can do it but after clicking on all the tabs, I don't see any options to allow it. I'm well away I can FTP from one Xbox to the other using the network and I have often had data transfer going both ways doing this but this , being able to transfer data from one Xbox to the other with the PC in the middle is what I am asking here?.
Mikey

Re: FileZella Question

Post by Mikey »

It seems like I tried this some years back, when I had two Xboxes.

If you are still trying to find a solution, this looks promising...

Transfer Files Xbox2Xbox with FlashFXP and XBMC

...might give it a try.
MrMajst3r

Post by MrMajst3r »

As far I know it's not possible with FileZilla. You need a client with FXP support. Try free FTP Rush: http://www.wftpserver.com/ftprush.htm
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I'm prity sure I did it with FileZilla between xbox (server) and the xbox360 client using a pc as the in between.
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Doing a little, you know, googling :shock: :o i found an article that may be of some interest :D : Guide: Xbox-to-Xbox FTP Transfer

As I understand it, this is referred as FXP (File eXchange Protocol) or server-to-server file transfer, however, filezilla does not support this as of yet. :geek:

https://trac.filezilla-project.org/ticket/1651

Still, i could be wrong... 8-)
xman

Post by xman »

Yer thanks for the help on this one guys. In the past I have always just gone Xbox to Xbox using my LAN and actually been quite impressed by how many machines you can have all once on the LAN doing this at the same time. I have also gone from an Xbox to the PC and download it on the PC's USB HDD and at a later time then copy it from the USB HDD on to another Xbox but this is different. This time I don't want the data copied to my PCs HDD. I just want a means of moving the data from one machine to another but being able to select and command from my PC. Like you PJ, I seem to remember seeing remote on both sides of the FileZella screen myself in the past. Maybe it was just seeing a USB HDD on my PC as a remote but that is why I asked. I simply can't remember. My problem is my son's machines are being swapped for bigger machines and I don't want to have to copy like 100Gb of anime and cartoons onto my PC just to transfer it again although it appears that will have to be the way I do it. Maybe Dan Dar will have a solution. I know he is a genius with FileZella and has come up with answers for things on FileZella I had no idea of in the past.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Use Avalaunch on both machines and transfer from there. You'll get the fastest speed possible. I know it's not controller by a PC but it sure beats transferring 100GB's of stuff two times instead of one. :D I would love to see this added to Filezilla though, having the ability to do this would be freaking fantastic.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Nextelhalo wrote:Use Avalaunch on both machines and transfer from there. You'll get the fastest speed possible. I know it's not controller by a PC but it sure beats transferring 100GB's of stuff two times instead of one. :D I would love to see this added to Filezilla though, having the ability to do this would be freaking fantastic.
FileZilla is slow to implement commonly used features... recursively setting permissions, for example, is one I and many others had in mind for a very long time.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

It seems to me the main requirement for Xman is to control the data transfer between two Xbox machines from a PC.

The FileZilla ticket has been open for 14 years and it's probably because a small percentage of users really need it. There is an interesting comment at the end of it where a user mentions using FTPRush for FXP transfers and here is a screenshot tutorial on how to use.
SmartFTP client appears to support FXP as well, see its tutorial.

Not clear yet whether FXP requires anything on the FTP server software to support the feature, I doubt though the XBMC4Xbox FTP server which is XBFileZilla based on FileZilla Server, but I guess you can try FTPRush or SmartFTP with both XBMC4Xbox FTP server and Avalaunch and see whichever works and you like more.