Fallout 4

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
Geeba

Fallout 4

Post by Geeba »

Looks to be genuine this time! - I hope so!

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

We'll find out in less than 24hrs 8-)
GhostlyGamer

Re: Fallout 4

Post by GhostlyGamer »

inb4 facebook FalloutVille
asbo

Post by asbo »

So excited :mrgreen:

So happy! :D
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Looks awesome!!!!!!!! :D
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

GhostlyGamer wrote:inb4 facebook FalloutVille
So i said this jokingly, THEN FALLOUT SHELTER CAME OUT ON THE IPAD
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Its good! - but I seem to be getting my ass kicked... a LOT! :o
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

shame they embed steam in to all the games these day on the pc, got it on a disk and do not have enough cap to be able to download the required updates to play it yet modernised up my pc with a new processor mother board ram and gpu ready for it.

my brother works with me as a sparky and he brought his xbox one his tv and head set to work to play it at lunch time (dedicated).
xman

Post by xman »

Junior got Fallout 4 on the Xbox 1. No idea how good it is yet. Senior and I played and finished Halo 5 the other day. Playing legendary setting, the game lasted a few weeks a couple of hours a night. We learnt to hate the Warden and for me that hasn't played Halo since Halo 2, I hate the knights as well. I don't like anything that can "appear" behind you that requires more that a one hit kill. Still, I did enjoy the game and would give it a thumbs up.
asbo

Post by asbo »

Its good fun so far, although its a little clunky with a mouse and keyboard. I wish they'd stop designing PC games with consoles in mind.
The conversation wheel thing is a bit lacking too, like with the Mass Effect series, you're not entirely sure what your character is going to say based on the options.

VATS not pausing time is a bit annoying for me too, I liked to stop and think for a bit in the previous games although that wasn't very realistic, but then the entire Fallout universe isn't very realistic.

I love how you can customize your power armour now and how its more like a vehicle than a piece of clothing, and having to change its fusion core is a good change IMO. The trouble is that its completely buggered up the canon/lore since it was clearly stated in the previous games that different models of power armour used different underlying mechanisms(servos, hydraulics etc) and used different power sources, but now they all share the same frame and fusions cores.

All that said its an excellent game :)
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

asbo wrote:I wish they'd stop designing console games and not putting time into properly porting to the PC.
FTFY ;) :lol: :lol:
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Yeah I know what you mean!

Mad Max was possibly the worst game I've played on a PC that was completely designed around a console! I'll think again before buying Warner Brothers games!

I've hit a few bugs in FO4... a couple of occasion my pip-boy has refused to come up... but a save and back in the game and its restored.... built some pretty cool bases... finally got some half decent guns so not getting wiped out everytime I run into trouble...

All in all... pretty good! :D
asbo

Post by asbo »

GhostlyGamer wrote:
asbo wrote:I wish they'd stop designing console games and not putting time into properly porting to the PC.
FTFY ;) :lol: :lol:
Same difference :P
xman

Post by xman »

I'd go an Xbox one solely for games but I have kids that Dad uses as well. ;) I don't now how you guys do it. For me, if it doesn't have buttons and sticks, joysticks etc, Id be buggered. I was getting pissed with the right controller playing Halo. Playing with a PC keyboard would have had me walking away real quick and a smashed keyboard.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Horses for courses I guess.... I cant play console for that exact reason... I did play 'The Last Of Us' on PS3 but found myself increasingly frustrated with joypads... :( the game itself was epic so I finished it... but I think the playstation has been powered up twice since...

First Person Shooters are PC games really... 8-)
asbo

Post by asbo »

Some games do play better with a controller imo, I've got a 360 controller plugged into the PC which is great for third person games, GTA, Just Cause, that kind of thing. But for games where you want accuracy, or have a complicated interface to navigate, the keyboard and mouse still rules. Humans are great at adapting though so I imagine you can get used to using either for everything.

Another irritating thing about fallout 4 is just how many functions are bound to the E key. Talking to people and picking up things with it is fine, but when you have to hold it for slightly longer to move things you can't pick up, and slightly longer than that to exit power armour its a little annoying. That being said I haven't checked if I can rebind those functions to other keys :lol:
xman

Post by xman »

Started playing this the other day and I'm loving the animals...

Just a few of the many cool animals. I often think what were these guys thinking when they come up with this game. :lol:
asbo

Post by asbo »

Off the top of my head those are from Fallout New Vegas;
Big horner
Brahmin
Rex
- no idea
Yao guai
Night stalker
I have no life :D

I'm hoping for a secondary game release soonish after Fallout 4 like they did with New Vegas after Fallout 3 :)
xman

Post by xman »

Still playing and enjoying. Went for a swim off the castle and found a new island the other night. It would be one of the biggest bases with nothing but crabs that attack. After you've wiped out the crabs, the island's yours. Shitloads of timber there on the island so you can build up a nice base. Still wondering how the two headed stock traders animals will get out there to supply the place but we'll see. Last night took on the "Sons Of Atom" at the lighthouse. That wasn't to hard but they also are the new neighbors in the nearby quarry, it's called Atom Quarry I believe and there are quite a few of them there. Senior's talking about "fixing them up" tonight with the help of Strong as super mutants aren't affected by son of atom pulse weapons. We're up to about 15 colonys at the moment. All going well with about 80% happiness at most of them. We're not really playing much of the game using the power suits preferring to do it the hard way but we now have some highly modded weapons to help. We are also at level 52 powerup with most of the companions at max friendship. The game got an update two nights ago. Not real sure what that has done but again, time will tell.
xman

Post by xman »

Downloadable content for Fallout 4 is apparently on it's way soon. Anyone heard about this?. I hope so and maybe we will find out what is eating all the sides out of the washed up dolphins you find on the shorelines even though there is nothing in the seas. Maybe we will find out what the sanctuary bot is actually supposed to be protecting behind the door that says "Have a nice day". A bigger map with more things to find in the Glowing Sea would be nice and a tougher behemoth than the epic behemoth along with a tougher deathclaw than the Chameleon deathclaw would also be nice. Only time will tell if and when the DLC is released I guess. Fingers crossed.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Hmmmm not heard anything... I finished the game, to be honest it was a bit of an anti climax :(

I chose the institute, apparently there are better factions to finish it with... still have a wonder around the wasteland now and then... still finding a lot of places.

I asumed it was the Murlocs eating whatever washed up on the shore? :lol: