Coinops 7 disappeared

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Hazbro78

Coinops 7 disappeared

Post by Hazbro78 »

Hi
Need some help. I've just brought an original Xbox off eBay and it appears to be modded. It had coinops7 installed and it booted straight into it when turned on. Now I wanted to change the dash so I used hexen? And changed to unleash x dash. It did not seem to work great as I now can't play the coinop7 app at all. I can see it in file manager but there is no where to launch it from the dash.

Can anyone help
Cheers
asbo

Re: Coinops 7 disappeared

Post by asbo »

I'm not sure on the specifics but I think you can change where UnleachX looks for stuff to add to its launch menu. I imagine its in its settings menu. If not, install xbmc and you can easily add stuff under the programs menu/section. Good luck :)
Hazbro78

Post by Hazbro78 »

Thanks for the reply. I have Xbmc on it as well can you guide me through it with either unleash x or Xbmc in total noob. Or is there a walk through

Thanks again
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Why not just install xbmc as dash , then you add it as a source under Games from within Xbmc .
That being said you should be able to launch it from within Unleash x I believe , when you see coinops under file manager can you see a file that ends in .xbe , that's the one that launches it .
Sorry just saw your post saying you had xbmc on it , so in xbmc go to I think its Games or Emulators and click add source , then navigate to the coinops folder root ( not inside the folder) and save it.
It should then appear as a choice under games .
Feeder

Post by Feeder »

Well, here's a quick answer. If you can find the CoinOPS folder in the file manager just scroll all the way down until you see default.xbe and launch that. That should get you into your a CoinOPS application.

Now, if you like the dashboard you have switched to you will need to read up on adding that as an application. In XBMC I would simply create a shortcut. (You will need to know where default.xbe is.)

Check out how to do this in the wiki: http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/HOW-TO ... ble)_files