[?] Does weather still work??

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
byron

Re: [?] Does weather still work??

Post by byron »

Nice work, where did you get the api from? The reason the extra days won't show is because of the way the skin/program is written. Plugins/addons will show the extra days, default weather is built in with the 5 day. It's in the MyWeather.xml. For x4x the weather works without an addon, for kodi it first has to install the stock addon before weather works (it doesn't support weather.com anymore afaik). Code will have to be changed in the skin or the source file to show the extra days...
tim619

Post by tim619 »

I've copied the data api from cpp source pasted in browser, saw that it relinks to a new location pasted it in google and found a python module which had this url.
I also fixed the data url to use the proper one.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

I notice in our guisettings.XML we can edit the area and it will fix go here https://weather.codes find and type you code , save and now xbmc will start with your location weather. Just thought I'd share.
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

Thanks for the fix to the weather plugin Tim!
Wally12

Post by Wally12 »

Weather now works fine in XBMX 3.5.3. I have to reinstall 3.5.3 though b/c I think a plugin messed up my installation. I don't have the option to add sources for any of the subcategories (Apps, Games, Emulators) under Programs. It just shows a blank box and I can't do anything with it.
Computers & tinkering with different tech. I run a YouTube gaming channel in my spare time: Join the fun!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Don't go directly to the sub categories. Go to "Programs" first and you can add sources (match the names with Apps/Games etc) and then those shortcuts will work.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Also for problems it's best to open a new thread, rather than commenting on an unrelated topic saying something works and then reporting an issue.

See http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... 95&p=31142 for another explanation of the solution.