Xbox game cover thumbnail setup

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
gametime5

Xbox game cover thumbnail setup

Post by gametime5 »

Alright I've scoured the forum to see what needs to be done but I'm still confused. Most likely it's something very simple.

I have all the Xbox game covers downloaded onto my computer. Each cover is currently a .png file. From what I understand the name needs to be changed to default.tbn then FTP'd over and placed in the same folder as default.xbe for it to display properly.

I'm right clicking on the .png file I want to use and selecting rename. I rename it to default.tbn. However, the full file name comes out to be default.tbn.png. Is there a different way to change the file extension from .png to .tbn? Where am I messing up?
shady7

Re: Xbox game cover thumbnail setup

Post by shady7 »

When in filezilla ftp rename to default.tbn no .png on the end that's how I do game covers
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

sounds to me like your computer is set to show file name only. it differs from os but is quite easy to find, in the options somewhere it will say display file extensions. This will then allow you to edit the files

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
gametime5

Post by gametime5 »

shady7 wrote:When in filezilla ftp rename to default.tbn no .png on the end that's how I do game covers
Yep that worked. Just had to ftp the file over to the Xbox first then rename it. I knew it would be something simple I was missing. Thank you