WTB Iceberq 4 Pro VGA Cooling Kit

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
asbo

Re: WTB Iceberq 4 Pro VGA Cooling Kit

Post by asbo »

nigelp12345

Post by nigelp12345 »

Nextelhalo wrote:I ran into that one as well while searching around, looks pretty cool but not sure. I still agree with Professor_Jonny with this one, http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Dell-Po ... 2ed6454d39.

A big ass chunk of copper with a good amount of air flowing over it has to be a winner.

EDIT: got my heatsink/fan combo in yesterday. At a quick glance and from memory it looks smaller than the ICEBERQ 4 did and I'm almost positive the mounting holes will not fit. Going to attempt install tonight and I'll post some pics as I go along. Fingers crossed it lines up, even then we'll see how well it cools.

EDIT 08/12/15: no go on the Evercool heatsink. It's quite a bit smaller than the Iceberq4 pro, the mounting holes dont even get close. Xphazer was nice enough to measure out one of his Iceberq 4 Pro's for us and it came in at 80mm (3.1 inches) from hole to hole. These came in at like 2.4 inches hole to hole. One could probably get away with using hot glue to secure it but i wouldnt trust it, the sink is not heavy enough to put good pressure on the CPU. Back to the drawing board, there's got to be some of these Iceberq 4 Pro's around somewhere.

On a positive note, at least with the purchase you'll get 8 of those little adhesive heat sinks which are perfect for the RAM chips and the Audio chip.

I received mine too, I wouldnt cool a CPU with it. I have mine on the GPU Instead. I had a hard time trying to find something that would mount it to the board. I would love to own that Red XCM Xbox though!
https://n163lph03n1x.artstation.com/
Gamer Tag PS3/Xbox360: N163LPH03N1X
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

I like it
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

*BUMP* If nobody jumps on this one I might grab it just in case someone wants one in the future.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vantec-Iceberq- ... 1ea33eb7af
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
Debug kit untouched
toxicmedz

Post by toxicmedz »

Nextelhalo wrote:*BUMP* If nobody jumps on this one I might grab it just in case someone wants one in the future.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vantec-Iceberq- ... 1ea33eb7af
Ugh I wish I saw this earlier, would have bought it :(
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

I might be getting two of these in the next week or so. If it works out I'll happily get one to you at the same cost I'm getting them for.
Debug kit untouched
toxicmedz

Post by toxicmedz »

Nextelhalo wrote:I might be getting two of these in the next week or so. If it works out I'll happily get one to you at the same cost I'm getting them for.
Sure :) pm me when you get them and we can hammer out the details. Thanks!
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Will do sir.
Debug kit untouched
budbandito720

Post by budbandito720 »

Here's this one but it's not a buy it now

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Vantec-Iceberq-4- ... 0408.m2460
You Cool Man?
nigelp12345

Post by nigelp12345 »

Only the Pros work Needs to Be IceBERQ 4 Pro.
https://n163lph03n1x.artstation.com/
Gamer Tag PS3/Xbox360: N163LPH03N1X
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

The non-pro's can still be used but you'll have secure them without hardware. I did it in the past with hot glue but they just dont cool as well. If they weighed alittle more maybe they would do better.
Debug kit untouched
showmanbr

Post by showmanbr »

Anybody found a cooler like Iceberq 4 Premium that fits perfect?
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Nope. Been looking for a while now but gave up since the factory heatsink does fine. Fans on the Iceberq4 for loud as hell anyway.
Debug kit untouched
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Nextelhalo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:20 pm Nope. Been looking for a while now but gave up since the factory heatsink does fine. Fans on the Iceberq4 for loud as hell anyway.
But... what about unnecessary LED lighting? :'(
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

I love unnecessary LED lighting :). Fun fact, if you use an Iceberq on a slim box make sure you clear the jewel and cutout a hole under the jewel. Turn on the xbox (lid and jewel installed) and look at the ceiling, you'll see a nice XBOX emblem on your ceiling now.
Debug kit untouched
kdub24

Post by kdub24 »

I know this is an old thread but I'm looking for a Iceberq 4 Pro for my slim box. If anyone has one or knows where to find one I will buy it ASAP.

Thanks
samspin

Post by samspin »

I know this is a very old thread but it seems people keep coming back! I thought I'd post here an alternative to the Iceberq 4 kit. I have personally found the Evercool "Mini UFO Universal VGA Cooler" also has mounting holes that match the Xbox board screwholes the same way the Iceberq 4 does for the CPU and GPU, and are LED lit. They do not come with heatsinks for the RAM but they do come with thermal paste included.
See image attached in case the eBay links below fade with time:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EverCool-VC-RI ... 2248005105
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EverCool-VC-RI ... 2457072614
At the time of writing red and blue versions are available on eBay. I have seen a green one once but haven't been able to find it again.
They do come with plastic mounting fixtures that you can use to secure onto the CPU but I personally prefer to use bolts to keep them securely fastened.
I'm not sure the exact size of bolts required because I just used some from a mixture that came with a universal kit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Moun ... 3283297923
You can brave using the original Xbox screws to fasten the cooler on the GPU, though in my experience they are a bit short and can wear the pilotholes away and spring loose, so I ended up using bolts.
If you do end up using bolts, you will have to cut away the two plastic pilotholes where the screws would normally go in on the bottom of the Xbox where the GPU is positioned over to allow the board to fit back in properly.
These are working well in my 1.4ghz Xbox for now, though I do plan to replace them with a watercooling solution once I'm brave enough! Got a unique watercool block to fit (courtesy of N64Freak, whom has been extremely patient and hardworking to supply me my board and watercool block), just need the time and patience, and possibly the need to build a new case to fit everything in...
Anyway, without further ado, see attached image. I may come back and post images of these fitted inside my Xbox so you can see what I mean.
Attachments
evercool.jpg
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Nice! Thanks for sharing samspin. I have a pair of Iceberqs on one Xbox but I've always wanted to do the same treatment to others. I'll get a pair and check them out.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!