OgXHD - A tool for patching XBEs to run in 720p

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
DavPow

OgXHD - A tool for patching XBEs to run in 720p

Post by DavPow »

I found this thread by accident on the TIZ forums and though that some users here would find this interesting. It's a pretty cool tool by MarvelousMirth, but it's still very early in development (I personally couldn't get 720p to work in the games I tried so far).

MarvelousMirth wrote: I've created a tool that attempts to patch original Xbox executables to run in 720p. It doesn't seem to work very well at the moment. Out of about 10 games I've tried so far, I've only had some success with one, which was the demo of Lamborghini. I can't test any more, as I only have the stock 10gb hard drive, and need to get a larger one, which is why I'm making the tool public now, so hopefully some of you can try it out, and let me know if you get any positive results.

http://theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=57375
Xlink Kai: DavPow
V1.0, Crystal case, OpenXenium + iND BIOS 5003, 1TB HDD (WD WD10EZEX), XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3, XBMC4Gamers
Nextelhalo

Re: OgXHD - A tool for patching XBEs to run in 720p

Post by Nextelhalo »

Interesting, hope this could possibly work.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

any news on that program
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Yeah would be nice to 'crisp' up some of the older games to 720p - but I'm thinking the game would need a 720p texture pack?
toxicmedz

Post by toxicmedz »

I don't quite see the appeal of this, none of the games seem to run right after they are patched from the Images hes posting. The menus are all still super small and theres a odd Box in the top left side of the screen where im guessing the original resolution would have stopped at. If it enlarged the complete game to 720p I'd be interested, it just makes the game look broken to me. But maybe Im just misunderstanding..
Tom M.

Post by Tom M. »

How many games render internally at 720p? I guess none of them. There is no point to have such application. I'd rather like to see a 240p hack. FOr years and years noone has been able to do such thing, though you have dozns of people building retro-gaming Xboxes full of NES and Amiga games but running all of that in totally wrong video modes! Of course, if using crappy LCD noone cares, the video is shitty anyway, but how about the real deal of 15 kHz CRT TV? Well, no chance my dear Xbox. Microsoft did not bother, noone else either. Groovy or Advance MAME is your only option. Sad story I know.