[Solved] Boot to CoinOPS 5 lite

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Jerry98vert

[Solved] Boot to CoinOPS 5 lite

Post by Jerry98vert »

I have this question on another forum but I think it's time for XBMC for help.

I am trying to boot my xbox to coinops using this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlMWfAayvkU but he is using UnleashX as his dash and I am using XBMC. Also he has a directory called Dashboard I don't have this directory.

I am using XBMC as my dash and it's in E:/XBMC and I see evoxdash.xbe so I tried the xbeShortcut.maker 1.0 and replaced the evoxdash.xbe per the youtube instructions and of course that did not work. In the youtube he replace default.xbe with the new default.xbe using xbeShortcut.maker.

So I don't know if I should replace my XBMC default.xbe with a new default.xbe using xbeShorcut.maker or where is the dash xbe file on my system to replace so it boots to CoinOPS. I used the Splinter Cell to softmod the Xbox and using the 8gb hard drive.

Or do I need to redo the softmod and have my Xbox use UnleaseX like the video????

I am a little lost here any help would be great thanks.
Last edited by Jerry98vert on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry98vert

Re: Boot to CoinOPS 5 lite

Post by Jerry98vert »

I am looking at the menu of XBMC what about using xbeShortcut.maker 1.0 and replace C:/xboxdash.xbe in the menu of XBMC I see under general Dashboard and it shows me that it's in C:/??? Could this do it??

thanks.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

I am not quitting so I tried shortcutmaker like the video and named the new .xbe to evodash.xbe placed in a temp folder then went in UnleashX to see if it goes into coinops so what happens is you see the Xbox logo with coinops 6 text above the logo and then it goes right into XBMC. So now next idea????
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

you made your short cut wrong that is why it boot back to your default dash as t could not find the thing you were pointing too.
Jerry98vert

Re: Solved Boot to CoinOPS 5 lite

Post by Jerry98vert »

Ok so stupid me ! What happened is I am using FileZilla so what I did was copy/paste the location into shortcutmaker but what I didn't notice was the backslash was forward slash in FileZilla and shortcutmaker was using the opposite slash. Well that is why it didn't work so I did the correct backslash in shortcutmaker and bam it works now.

At least I didn't give up.

Thanks all!