SWAPPED: Xecuter 3 for DVD drive

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
spicemuseum

SWAPPED: Xecuter 3 for DVD drive

Post by spicemuseum »

X3 with all its connections and switches to swap with someone in Europe (ideally UK) for a working DVD drive (ideally Philips).

Hopefully of use to someone - I pulled this from a console which the owner said was "too complicated to use and kept booting to a different place". All he wanted to do was run emulators, so an X3 was overkill, and its various boot patterns confusing him. So I removed the modchip and made him a softmod with a single boot to his favourite emulator package.

***I suppose there's a small possibility that there's a problem with the modchip or bank switcher or whatever - I didn't test it so I can't be sure***

...and you might have guessed I'm struggling with failing Samsung DVD drives on some of my more 'used' consoles.

Last edited by spicemuseum on Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackshadow

Re: SWAP: Xecuter 3 for DVD drive

Post by Blackshadow »

ive got a friend with a 1.6 who might be interested in this i let ya know if he has a dvd drive he was to swap :D
MrMajst3r

Post by MrMajst3r »

I take it :)
I have Philips DVD-drive to exchange for the modchip. Just PM me your address.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Guys,

Thanks for all the interest. A swapper was found within half an hour - a long time member.

Sorry to anyone disappointed to miss out.

I've got yet another X2.6, though....