Original hard drive soft mod error 13

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Jerry98vert

Original hard drive soft mod error 13

Post by Jerry98vert »

What happened was I was in CoinOPS 6 lite and I went to filezilla to ftp into the xbox, I know I needed to be out of coinOPS but was to quick on the draw. So the xbox went to black screen and then I rebooted and the Xbox logo comes up but no Microsoft logo and then error 13.

So I tried hdmaker and tried to rebuild the hard drive from scratch and the same thing happened then I used another old xbox original hard drive I wasn't using and rebuild to the correct eeprom to build the xbox I am having trouble with and the new hard drive is doing the same thing error 13.

Any ideas anyone?????

Thanks.
fxmech

Re: Original hard drive soft mod error 13

Post by fxmech »

can you boot any games? like halo 2 maybe, which includes an MS dash update

otherwise, how did you softmod it originally?

see here for meanings of codes and Google for other possible solutions... http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/xbo ... st.373255/
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

fxmech wrote:see here for meanings of codes and Google for other possible solutions... http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/xbo ... st.373255/
Closer to home - at the top of this forum section:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=12&t=27
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

I used Splinter Cell to soft mod the xbox all was fine no problems CoinOPS was working fine untill I tried to ftp into the xbox. I used hdmaker to reinstall the original dash on 2 different hard drives but nothing happens.

Even when I put a disk in the xbox logo comes up and just stays there no disk works.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Jerry98vert wrote:I used Splinter Cell to soft mod the xbox all was fine no problems CoinOPS was working fine untill I tried to ftp into the xbox. I used hdmaker to reinstall the original dash on 2 different hard drives but nothing happens.

Even when I put a disk in the xbox logo comes up and just stays there no disk works.
What did you FTP over or remove? & why were you in the C partition?

Also if you installed a legit dashboard ie, untampered with your Xbox would boot.

Error 13 means the dashboard is corrupt, tampered with missing files or incompatible with your kernel, but the latter is rare.

Download a valid C partition dashboard.
http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/ot ... oard-5960/

Create a new XBHDM disc & fix your drives, make sure to lock them to the correct eeprom.

Then softmod your Xbox again, I suggest using mine located in my sig, you won't be able to break that one.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

Thanks all i did was install coinOPS lite in the original 8gb hard drive using XBMC, while I was in coinOPS not XBMC I used filezilla to go into the xbox. I didn't delete or do anything once I tried to ftp into the xbox the xbox went to black screen.

I tried to put in splinter cell not working then I did the hdmaker to recreate the original dash and still nothing error 13 then I tried another hard drive unlocked it and installed the original dash and same result error 13.

Then softmod your Xbox again, I suggest using mine located in my sig, you won't be able to break that one.[/quote]
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Have you tried replacing the IDE cable and checked all connections?
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

5l1p wrote:Have you tried replacing the IDE cable and checked all connections?
All I did was unplug the dvd you think that might be the problem, I will check all wires tonight.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Possibly. If your building your hard drives correctly then I would suggest this is a hardware problem. I have had to do this myself 2 times but I can't remember the error code, sure enough it was down to faulty IDE cables. It worth a shot!
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

5l1p wrote:All I did was unplug the dvd you think that might be the problem, I will check all wires tonight.
Have you still got the DVD drive unplugged? as the Xbox unless using a bios with the DVD check patched out, requires one to be plugged in. (but this would give you an error 11)
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

So now I am getting an error 16 and hdmaker when I try to unlockhd -a it won't unlock anymore it says "security count expired" - yes. So I don't know.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Sounds like your going to have to hotswap the drive again

When you see an error on the Xbox that means your hdd is unlocked, hotswap it & rebuild the drive. (You only need C)

Now make sure you have the proper c drive content, if you are unsure redo the disc.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Rocky5 wrote:Sounds like your going to have to hotswap the drive again

When you see an error on the Xbox that means your hdd is unlocked, hotswap it...
i find it best right when the Microsoft logo shows during boot
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

Ok thanks.
lpelvis

Post by lpelvis »

Could anyone help please. Had my xbox softmodded pretty sure i formatted the hard drive with AID ,then something went wrong. Im getting the error 13. I seen various methods to hotswap but i only have a laptop but i do havr a usb ide converter but havent gotten the drive to show up. My xbox still will play games however. I tried to load slayer 2.7 but no luck. Any suggestions?
nidge

Post by nidge »

I think it sounds like you will need one of the exploit games to re-load your softmod? eg: Splinter Cell, Mech Assault, or 007 Agent Under Fire.
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.