[Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod (3.5.49)

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
byron

Re: [Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod (3.5.41)

Post by byron »

Oldxboxusa wrote:I will do it tomorrow no problem. Rescan I try. But it comes no window when I press the (white) button and use the entry for trainer settings.
Sounds good, because I just tried it and it works for me. I have my trainers folders placed here Q://system/trainers/XBTF trainers and then I set that path from here (I'm guessing you already know all of this so this is just to let you know what I did that worked):
path.jpg
I updated the trainers list...
update.jpg
clicked on trainer settings...
open trainers.jpg
and it opens for me...
TrainerWindow.jpg
and it works...or at least I think it does, I've never actually played this game with the trainers on :)
works.jpg
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

Your way is exact the same what i do. But my Trainers are under F:\Sorted_ALL_XBOX_TRAINERS\ETM, it is the only difference.
And is it a problem with this when i have a upgraded XBOX (128mb 1Ghz cpu)?
I see the skin has no option for 1080i and the wide banners for games and categories are not really wide, looks rather small on my screen...
Here is the log:
xbmc log
byron

Post by byron »

Thanks for the log...looks like the problem is the version of the skin you're using (3.5.31). I just added TrainerSettings.xml recently (this file isn't in the version you have), so if you install THIS VERSION from the OP, or get the latest changes from SVN you should have it working properly...I've changed a bunch of stuff in the last 6 months ;)
Oldxboxusa wrote:I see the skin has no option for 1080i and the wide banners for games and categories are not really wide, looks rather small on my screen...
AFAIK I don't think it matters if I have a 1080 folder or not...everything is scaled from the 720p folder via screen calibration so (someone correct me if I'm wrong please) if you have the screen calibrated it should look about the same only with cleaner images and sharper words etc. As for the"Big Icon" view...the icons are meant be big, but not meant to be huge. If you would prefer a different view besides what's already there be included in the games view, just let me know and I'll get to it asap...kind of working on other things at the moment. Please try updating to the newer version and see if that takes care of your issue.
Oldxboxusa

[Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod (3.5.41)

Post by Oldxboxusa »

Yep you are right with that. I updated the skin to the newer version and trainer settings are working now.

The wideicon view is a nice thing because all of my games have one. The view I mean is the standard wideicon view in pm3 and pm3 hd.

So since I updated the skin I have no weather view. The entry is there on screen but when I go into it, it show me a corrupted view. I will make a screen shot. And post it here.

One more thing is in all skins I have only 20fps in 1080i is that normal?
weather
weather
In earlier versions there are animated weather icons. not in this...
byron

Post by byron »

Not sure what to tell you about the weather...I checked all of the weather backgrounds on my system (conditional bg's, normal and higher res bg's) and all seem to be working fine along with the animated icons:
weather.jpg
Could have something to do with the 1080 resolution but I have no idea, could also be that something didn't transfer correctly. Which way did you get the newer version of this skin (direct download or SVN)? I'm asking because if you only transferred certain files instead of deleting the old version then that might have caused some issues and there are now different skin settings/textures/backgrounds/etc that could be conflicting with the older version you had previously (especially if you got it from SVN).... at that point it would be best to delete the old version entirely and then upload the new version (not while running xbmc4xbox obviously). If you already did what I'm suggesting, the next thing I would try would be resetting the skin settings to default (skin settings/reset skin/reset skin settings to default) followed by an xbmc restart. If that doesn't fix it, maybe try changing

Q://userdata/guisettings.xml ==> guisettings.bak

and see if that helps. You'll have to recalibrate everything but it'll be a fresh start and that might take care of this and possibly some other issues. If it doesn't work then you can just change the name back to guisettings.xml and have all of your old settings back but hopefully one of these things will work for you.
Oldxboxusa wrote:The wideicon view is a nice thing because all of my games have one. The view I mean is the standard wideicon view in pm3 and pm3 hd.
Okay, I'll add a wide icon view... it won't be right now but I'll get around to it pretty soon.
l11l1venom1l11l

Post by l11l1venom1l11l »

The latest changes are sick. It looks absolutely beautiful and Coverflow in the music section is awesome - nice CD outline!

Couple things I'm noticing:

1.) Kind of a major glitch - after disabling the rotaing CD animation, "Now Playing" info does not display properly while the visualizer is full screen. It simply displays a blank transparent box with no song information. The rotating CD takes a second to load and causes a brief stutter in the visualizer, so I tried disabling it and found this out.

2.) Also might be cool if the Now Playing info wasn't so huge and in the center of the screen, but that's not a big deal at all.

3.) Very minor, but a problem I've tried eliminating myself years ago after adding coverflow to PM3 in the newer versions of XBMC4XBOX and never figured out - in Coverflow, the default music icons (albums without artwork) that aren't in focus have a small black slash through them. It's barely noticable, but figured I'd let you know so it doesn't carry over into the other views when you're creating them. I was working on coverflow for the prgorams and videos sections for PM3 years ago and it looked great in older versions of XBMC, but after updating to a legitimate XBMC4XBOX build, everything had a noticeable slash through it (even on top of box art).

@ OldxboxUSA,

I've tried 1080i on a 128 MB/1.4 Ghz Xboxonce and XBMC4XBOX in 1080i still wasn't up to speed, even with the additional 400 Mhz. I believe this is the GPU at fault, which isn't upgradeable. I think 720p is still your safest bet. If you're looking for something very sharp that almost looks like 1080p, I would give Minimedia or Minimedia WAFA a go. They aren't quite as tweaked for performance or purely console-ized as the Rapier Clarity Mod skin, but if you're running extra RAM and a 1.0 Ghz CPU, it will probably run very well for you.

And as far as the Weather problem you're having, make sure you're up to date with the latest version of XBMC4XBOX. That's all I can think of for that.
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

Ok @byron i will do it at the moment. I read that i must delete the old skin folder, what i have right now. i download at the moment the svn folder from google.
Can i simply copy the folder from \trunk to the rapier folder?
The second thing is i will try out if Q://userdata/guisettings.xml ==> guisettings.bak will work, but when i do it all settings are gone, right?

And that you will add a wide icon view is very nice. Before i forget it: Thank you you for this awesome skin and for your support in this.

@venom Yes i have a 128MB xbox with a 1GHz Cpu. What you describe is exact what i think. Lokks nice but the speed from the cpu is to slow for that :D .
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

@byron yes it works. I rename the guisettings xml and copy the trunk folder to the rapier folder over ftp.
I have another idea: is it possible to get the cpu/ gpu temps and ram in the right corner where the weather and time is?
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I'd also like the system load/freemem/temps/fan speed to be shown optionally. Something like how settings for weather icons on the top bar works. Hide/show for each stat, and only on home for each...

Could replace the system info pop-up on the home screen, or compliment it with some other info.

I'd like to monitor HDD temp, CPU/temp/fanspeed personally. It would be very helpful to have all the nerdly hardware stats at hand. :D
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

fxmech wrote:I'd like to monitor HDD temp, CPU/temp/fanspeed personally. It would be very helpful to have all the nerdly hardware stats at hand. :D
This is exactly what I mean.
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

Hello friend. First congratulations for the great work, I want to ask you something. I love roms Collections and wanted to know if you want to add some support for romcollectionbrowser. Apologies for my English I am Brazilian and I'm using google translator.
byron

Post by byron »

CoverFlow is pretty much knocked out at this point (r129):
TVShowsNC.jpg
MoviesC.jpg
The video library was not fun...but I think I've got it pretty good and done. Added this view (not an elaborate view with cases and such) to Programs, Videos, Scripts, and Pictures. At some point I would like to add an option to the programs version to make a "tall" view setting so if in games and using this view it could be switched and used for movie size images...for now just the same as the music view (square). Feedback would be appreciated from anyone that uses this because I'm sure I messed something up ;) I finished the Movies/TV section and just fired the rest of these out because I really just wanted to be done with it for now...

@ venom...thanks, and I'll look into that Now Playing music issue over the weekend. Doubtful that I'll revamp the size and shape of that dialog at this point, but who knows. As for the diagonal lines...I'm quite aware. I almost made a bug report, looked through the source code to see if I could fix it...I finally just used a workaround to the best of my ability. It's the gloss/borders that create that thing I'm almost certain...and only when they are angled for whatever reason.

@ Oldxboxusa...happy that my suggestions helped you sort things out, and thanks for the kind words. I was planning to add a wide icon view into programs for you, but I just ran out of time before the holiday...I'm going to be taking a couple of days away, but when I get back I'll add it into the window so that you can help me test it out. I checked the view from TvShows, and it's not showing banners anymore (just stretching the thumb across the wide icon) which isn't right. I'll commit the view sometime very soon and hopefully you can try it and report back to let me know if your game banners show up correctly or not.

@ fxmech...nerdly huh? 5l1p had requested what you're talking about right off the bat but I never could figure out where to position it. I've actually always had the idea in the back of my head as something that I would like to add eventually (even played around with it down on the infopane for a bit), but I just never could figure out where/how to incorporate it. I'm open to suggestions, but all of the windows are pretty cramped with things that are there sometimes, not when other things are, never there sometimes, etc...kind of a real mind f__k tbh. The windows look like they have a lot of space...but they really don't because skin settings and conditions change. Like I said...if you can come up with an idea that really works I'll give it another go, I like the concept.

@ Ninhooo...Thank you, yes I was planning on it. In fact I was working on making this skin RCB compatible until I ran into this issue:

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=3354 (I probably could have come up with a better title :) )

The reason I stopped was because I don't like the idea of just typing in English labels when all of the strings need to be translated so that people such as yourself that don't speak English can have the translations from the addon working for them. I have it (not in svn, but backed up) so that if you click the Games Library button in Programs it runs RCB like the work that you've done...in fact I started my work based off of yours so thanks for all of your efforts as well friend. I will say that this is definitely something that I will do, and I will do it soon...but again I really dislike the whole problem with the </labels> not working like they should and I don't know how to fix that.
l11l1venom1l11l

Post by l11l1venom1l11l »

Someone buy this man 800 beers. (I plan on making a pretty decent donation myself if you allow it, Byron. Not just because you're knocking things out at light speed, but because you're helping me a lot in getting these xboxes out to friends in time for Christmas looking as polished as possible).

I have my fingers crossed for a "tall" option in Coverflow for programs, but even using the previous SVN updates I'm extemely content as is.

This really is the new must-have skin. I've done a lot of testing with it. The only way I've gotten it to crash so far is by letting a movie play in the background while browsing picture thumbnails. The Xbox simply runs out of RAM, but this is an XBMC4XBOX issue and whoever wants to browse thumbnails while watching a movie will have to refrain from doing so as far as I'm concerned.

It's pretty awesome to see that Ninhooo is chiming in here. Imagining this skin finished with RCB support is a little too exciting to even think about.

Thanks for the fast, crazy changes again, Byron.
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

I found that when you enter the RCB options menu inside the Scripts window and then is starts, the RCB it It is with language that is selected for XBMC. eg if you are in Portuguese it will be in Portuguese and so on. I realize that in xbmc4xbox RCB does not start at the beginning the string.xml as in xbmc kodi.
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

I have an idea. You could put translations of RCB in direct string.xml of your skin this way will work because I have tested. For your skin has support RCB simply just put the xml of RCB any files within the folder of your skin 720p.
byron

Post by byron »

@ venom...that's a lot of beers man :) I really don't mind doing this, especially when what I'm doing is making other people get more enjoyment out of xbmc4xbox and when I'm getting some feedback to help get things moving. I added the Poster Style Icons into Pictures, Videos, Programs, and Scripts btw...and as far as making a donation go, feel free via the link in my sig if that's something you would like to do. I'm not doing this to get paid obviously, but donations are more than welcome.

@ Ninhooo...I thought of that idea as well (adding directly to the skin strings), but that's a LOT of work for something that shouldn't be that hard to figure out and for work that's already been done by someone else (not to mention if something needs to get updated from mainline, etc). Actually when I realized that would be the only way to really get it working I backed off because I wasn't prepared to start digging into that just yet. Maybe worth it, maybe not...I also might just say whatever and type the words in English into the labels. I was planning on adding all of the windows that are in the RCB skins folder into my skin (custom) and more than likely doing what you did and just placing it in r-c-m/scripts/RCB sometime before I push 3.5.5 of this skin
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Looking good byron! Quick question: did your skin used to have a cache/buffer bar or did I imagine it? :? just wondering if you removed it or if it got broken somewhere down the line.
byron

Post by byron »

It should - at your request if I remember correctly - did it go away somehow? I may have accidentally broken it...I'll check it out and if I did it won't be hard to fix.

--- EDIT ---

Yea, it's still there...
OSDB.jpg
FSD.jpg
When I first added this the bar was a neon greenish/yellow color but I quickly changed it to the selected theme color. Looks like I should adjust the lower example label to be able to see the percentage buffered though...I'm also going to play around with DialogSeekBar.xml and fix a couple of things that have been bugging me when NowPlaying video/music and Fullscreen video/music are visible.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Sorry byron, miss communication on my part :oops:

The grey bar at the bottom visually represents the cache alongside the "cache" in the detailed video info dialogue. The handy thing about this is you can see it fill up when paused for those slow streams unlike the text in the video info (which stays dormant). I'm sure rapier used to have this feature in your initial releases way back but I could be wrong.
Attachments
screenshot002.png
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

byron wrote:@ Oldxboxusa...happy that my suggestions helped you sort things out, and thanks for the kind words. I was planning to add a wide icon view into programs for you, but I just ran out of time before the holiday...I'm going to be taking a couple of days away, but when I get back I'll add it into the window so that you can help me test it out. I checked the view from TvShows, and it's not showing banners anymore (just stretching the thumb across the wide icon) which isn't right. I'll commit the view sometime very soon and hopefully you can try it and report back to let me know if your game banners show up correctly or not.
Gladly byron, when i can help i will.
Give me new things i like to test it. :ugeek:
Oh and before i forget it, the german translation for "Volume" - the bar, is a little big. My idea is that some things in skins must not change, the Original word for this is Volume. I think that a smaller bar with VOL or Volume in the middle is mor beautiful.
I mean it so:
--------#########VOL########-----------

i found it clearer than the wide one.