[Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod (3.5.49)

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
fxmech

Re: [Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod

Post by fxmech »

Just loaded it up byron. Seems to work like it should.

Programs will scan the Trainer files now after the path is set. But the trainers can't be enabled as there is no support by the skin. Just makin' sure you know how that process works. :)

Good work Byron. I'm glad to see you are on board with putting games+emulators+bling support into this skin. It's really lightweight at 480p, and should have more than enough juice to run this stuff without crashing. Even with video plugins (I hope you know which specific plugins I'm referring to, if not just ask and I'll forward one on in PM for you to test with) we can see some extra information.

The bottom panel that can be toggled in the skin settings might be a nice place to put some extra zazz. Maybe new views won't need be created then?
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Hey byron! This skin is still my daily driver.

I finally stumbled across one of the illusive bugs I never got around to recreating. Now that I've found this one again, it makes sense why I didn't report it.

I think the best way to explain is to show a comparison between Confluence Lite and Rapier Clarity. The result in the screenshots, at least from my experience, is always returned when using the "Add source..." function. So, walk with me and go to the File Manager (this is also the case for Music, Video, etc). Use the White button to load the context menu and choose "Add source..." -- so far so good. Select "Browse Media," and it takes us to the filesystem.

Now we choose "Add network location..." -- this is where a visual will be helpful. After choosing to add the network location, it looks like this:
screenshot002.png
screenshot004.png
Notice the "Browse" button to the left of the "Server Name" text field. When choosing "Browse," we are presented with what appears to be a completely blank dialog. The functionality is there - this is to say I can blindly select a server from the list or press Back to exit the phantom menu. This is true for any server type that has the "Browse" function enabled.

Here are the same menus in Confluence Lite:
screenshot005.png
screenshot006.png
And here's the menu that doesn't show up on Rapier Clarity but should normally:
screenshot007.png
It is strange the menu is still functional in Rapier Clarity, just that it isn't drawn on the screen. If I have one guess at the problem, I suspect somehow network browse menu is concealed behind the "Add network location" menu.
byron

Post by byron »

Hey there, thanks for pointing this out...I knew somewhere in the back of my mind it was like that, but never could track it down.
fxmech wrote:If I have one guess at the problem, I suspect somehow network browse menu is concealed behind the "Add network location" menu.
Good guess, but not quite. That whole process of adding a source in this skin is a huge delicate web of conditional visibility to make it flow without all of the tiny/halfscreen dialog eyesores. Every time a new window is accessed during the process, the previous one is hidden (not closed or stacked...stacked would make less available RAM) via conditional animations. So in this example, NetworkSetup.xml is first preceded by Filebrowser.xml, and when the "BROWSE" button is selected it's supposed to open up another instance of Filebrowser.xml. The problem I've created here is that once NetworkSetup is active FileBrowser becomes hidden and then can't show up again until NetworkSetup is not visible. I'll get it figured out quickly I hope, I just updated my svn and have got the music section (icons,osd,etc...) pretty much finished so thanks and I'll get to that next. Haven't forgot about trainers either, I'll throw that together before I push an update.

Good to know someone besides myself is liking this skin, the work I've put into it makes it fast and reliable IMO and it's much appreciated that you're keeping me posted on bugs and such...thanks again :)
byron

Post by byron »

@ fxmech
The plugins for launching ROMs/games alongside metadata/Xtras also require views to integrate more information. Something like Xbox Extended does for games, or like RCB does in general. JX720 and Mosaic support these features to some extent as well. Not sure which has the best approach to achieve this.
I think adding support for the RCB addon would be the best approach...gonna take some work.
Programs will scan the Trainer files now after the path is set. But the trainers can't be enabled as there is no support by the skin. Just makin' sure you know how that process works. :)
I don't actually...could you explain? I've added MyGameSaves.xml, I'm in the process of adding support for RCB, exactly what else is needed for trainers to work properly from a skinning standpoint (aside from supporting addons)? I don't mind putting in the time to make it work, I'm just kind of ignorant on what needs to be done since I've never used trainers... :?
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Trainers only work on Xbox games.

- Xbox game, scanned.
- ETF trainer
- Trainers path set (with trainer)
- Go to games folder, and via context menu "rescan all trainers"
- Context menu again on a game, and choose trainer.

This menu does all the magic. When you select a trainer, a series of radio buttons shows to activate each cheat.

As for emulators/things in RCB, I've not read anything about people using trainers on the Xbox.

Did I misunderstand your question?
byron

Post by byron »

I actually found what I was looking for in our wiki (duh):

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Using_Trainers

So, I've updated/added everything that needs to be there I think...whenever you are able please check out the latest revision and give it a go. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised :)
byron

Re: [Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod (3.5.4)

Post by byron »

- VERSION BUMP (3.5.4) -

Many things have been addressed...most notable changes are:

VIDEO OSD CONTROLS:
video OSD controls.jpg
MUSIC OSD CONTROLS:
music OSD controls.jpg
LYRICS SUPPORT:
script-main-lyrics.jpg
CHANGELOG

Changelog says most, hopefully the OSD menus are to people's liking (made the icons myself and it was quite an undertaking)...please try the skin out and don't be shy to leave feedback and requests. On the agenda for the near future is making the skin RCB compatable and smoothing out the music views...as always a big thanks to BuZz and all involved for improving and keeping our project running, and thanks to dan dar3 for the System.HasAddon(id) addition and for all of the help with my self-installing XBMC Lyrics/Subtitles buttons :)
Last edited by byron on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris0147

Post by chris0147 »

Bryon, i have sent you the [censored] pm too many times that you choose not to answer.

please answer it, i want to ask you something...
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

Please respect the rules and be polite. Last warning before permanent ban, it's not your first one.
PM'ing members
Please DO NOT private message admins/moderators for help, unless they have previously offered. This includes posting on the forum, and PM'ing messages asking for someone to read your post. Please just post your question in the correct area, and some one will answer when they can. thanks.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - read BEFORE posting
byron

Post by byron »

@ chris0147...I don't even know what to think about your post. I'm just trying to use some (much as of late) of my free time to provide people that like to use my skin with the satisfaction of a fast and properly functioning GUI. Busting my balls on an unrelated topic isn't something that I would suggest to others that are seeking help. Have you ever stopped to ask yourself...

How are this guys wife and kids doing tonight?
How are things in his life going?
How much grief is life dishing out to this dude?

Didn't think so - but think about this - I've spent the last several months working on this update and still took some time to try to help you. You must learn some patience if you want help in a community such as this.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Thank you byron, always nice to see an update to my daily driver! :D
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

this is a nice work what your do on your skin mode.

the only what i hope ist that you post the changes to make a skin compatible (i want it mainly for frodo skins) so that other can follow your way.
it where nice we can write a skin adapter programm for the differend xbmcmain Skin-versions.
So it is not all to do per hand.

Regards Jan
byron

Post by byron »

@jan...I replied to your thread here (and much thanks for the kind words)

@ 5l1p...glad you're still using it! Consider this as a token of my gratitude ;)

I finally figured this out in a way I thought worked with the List View:
WithEM.jpg
It only shows up when the extra info is available, and then toggles back to normal when it's not...turned out pretty slick actually. So I'm going to keep playing with the other containers (musicfiles,programfiles) and see if there's any way to get the same effect there as well. If you wanna check it out just do a checkout/update from my svn project (r109). Also, if you think of anyway it might be better just post your ideas and I'll try to implement them. And if for whatever reason someone doesn't like this feature it's easy to disable and make things as they once were prior to this addition...
HideEM.jpg
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Thank you for using your time to do this byron, you have implemented it perfectly!
My only suggestion is to use a blue background to keep consistency with the skin:
screenshot001.png
screenshot000.png
Its your skin and your call, i'm just chuffed to bits to see this!
Thanks again :D
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

@ byron

Hi , thanks for all the work what you do on the skin.

Please can you add to your skin mode a view what access information like description without Libary Mode as Poster View what is usable on the program section?

I want it for my Gamelauncher Addon http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =17&t=2594.

And pleace can you set on the skin.xml under skinname the correct Name for Installing over the Totalxbmc4xbox Installer.
and when you like a link to a Youtube video with your skin mode running under the xbox like it Addons on TotalXBMC it can have?

Regards Jan
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

What a great skin....the only little thing i can say is im not keen on the Orange colour on the window item.....or the font its self...its a bit 80s chunky style lol...... :lol:

in the MUSIC OsD CONTROLS....orange with a light shadow...in the pic above.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

@sealysonic & 5|1p

Have you tried changing skin color themes? Its the option under skin selection.

Haven't tried the SVN yet by Byron but all the section header colors and a few other elements are controlled by whichever you select there.
byron

Post by byron »

@ jan...just updated.
posterwrapprogams.jpg
Posterwrap is now avail for all programs containers, and I've changed skin.xml skin name to

Code: Select all

<skinname>rapier-clarity-mod</skinname>
will that work or should it be something like >skin.rapier.clarity.mod<?
jan wrote:and when you like a link to a Youtube video with your skin mode running under the xbox like it Addons on TotalXBMC it can have?
Not sure how to do this, could you give an example please? At any rate you can get the changes (r116) here:

https://rapier-clarity-mod.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

@ sealysonic...yea the fonts aren't very exciting, but they're certainly legible (priority #1 when I was picking them out). I've always wondered how hard it would be to add some more to choose from...perhaps it's time to start looking into that ;) As for the colors that's easy (could also be more of these to choose from too):
coulours.jpg
You can also change the theme from here - which also changes the font - but those are predisposed themes that are mostly for the icon borders etc. Changing the font color is independent of the themes which allows you to choose different navigation colors along with different font colors...
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

fxmech wrote:@sealysonic & 5|1p

Have you tried changing skin color themes? Its the option under skin selection.

Haven't tried the SVN yet by Byron but all the section header colors and a few other elements are controlled by whichever you select there.
Thanks for the reply....I`ll try that.
Blackshadow

Post by Blackshadow »

well just finished a media center build with a spare xbox purely to store all my dvd's on 'got god knows how many in the loft :lol: ' and im using this skin and loving it havnt had any memory issues and the screen can be read fromt he other side of the room whilst laying on my sofa with the dvd remote like the lazy SOB that i am :D

cheers for the work