Help me with my preowned xbox.

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
RBWazza

Help me with my preowned xbox.

Post by RBWazza »

Hi I am in a pickle right about now. I was giving an original xbox that Had a modchip installed onto it. I plug it in etc and the flubber loads then the Xbox logo and under that the xecuter2.

It then loads up exolutionx v+3921
my bios is x2 4981.67.
mod chip is a XBIT

so if i try to load a game/app on the evox dash a big EVOLUTION X sign appears then it does nothing after that.

I have tryed to burn and load Auto-Installer.Deluxe.v4.53.Xbox-Hq but after the xecuter2 logo and xbox sign it just does dark.

any suggestions of help would Mean ALOT.

Also it has an upgraded HDD 60gb.

Regards
fxmech

Re: Help me with my preowned xbox.

Post by fxmech »

You have to set up a dash where your mod chip is pointing. Load a disc from the HDD like HeXEn. Then you can look at your configuration via FTP and fix your dashboard path.

You can also reflash the chip using HeXEn. Search Google for a link to download it.
RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

fxmech wrote:You have to set up a dash where your mod chip is pointing. Load a disc from the HDD like HeXEn. Then you can look at your configuration via FTP and fix your dashboard path.

You can also reflash the chip using HeXEn. Search Google for a link to download it.
I am able to FTP back and forth already to the console. the evo x dash works but as soon as i try to load anything it just hangs with the big green evox sign.
xman

Post by xman »

Tell me, when you try booting an app from EvoXDash, is the app darkened out?.
RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

xman wrote:Tell me, when you try booting an app from EvoXDash, is the app darkened out?.
hey dude no the apps are not darkened out you can click them but it looks like it will load then the xcuter2 logo (BIG GREEN AND SICK TO LOOK AT) appears but does nothing after it.

Regards
RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

also i just tryed Heimdalls Hexen xbox engineering disc and it trys to load but screen just goes black like the other boot disc.

flubber then xbox logo with xcuter2 at bottom goes black then nothing.
RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

also tryed the hexen cd done the same as the other disc
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Hexen takes a minute or two to load up so it might still work but give it time.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

yeah left it 30 mins didnt work lol. tryed multable things last night as could not get help :/ now screwed the flash on the chip and it wont boot to ms dash ether as it has a unlocked hdd that was not the original drive.

My problem Now is I am getting an error 5 took mod chip out and put it back in no change. I tryed Erase the flash and write to it again but the app sucks and keeps crashing (xbit 1.0) and the 1.5 just hangs on windows 7.

so if any 1 has any ideas on how to fix my problem please please let me know.

Thanks
blighty

Post by blighty »

I cant help with the current chip problem you have but your original problem sounds like the E drive was full maybe?

Do you have a backup of your eeprom on your pc?
RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

I have just bought Aladdin XT Plus2 modchip. going to install it when it arrives. I dont have it backed up when I got the xbox the 60gb HDD was already installed. because I cant get into the Xbox atm unless some 1 can help with the XBIT problem so no ftp for me atm :( .
blighty

Post by blighty »

Lesson learned the hard way unfortunately.

at the first opportunity you have, you should always backup your eeprom to PC or laptop before doing anything else.

I always write with marker pen on the hdd's I remove and store them away, I've had to dig through them a few times XD
asbo

Post by asbo »

RBWazza wrote:I tryed Erase the flash and write to it again but the app sucks and keeps crashing (xbit 1.0) and the 1.5 just hangs on windows 7.
Have you tried changing the compatibility mode? You could also try running it on windows xp in a virtual machine.

With some googleing I found this:
If you have "X-B.I.T. V1.5" you must use the 1.5 flash utility from DMS, there are diffrent version for diffrent windows versions. There filenames are XBIT15win##.exe where ## = your windows version.

This utility can be found here:
http://deadlink

This utility also require "Visual Basic 6.0 Run-time Files" and "COMDLG32.OCX".

Get these files here:
- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2 ... laylang=en
- http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/im ... MDLG32.OCX

[bold]NOTE![/bold] This utility seem to have big problems with USB 2.0 so if you got that make sure you unplug all USB-devices (mouse, keyboard, etc) before connecting the modchip. If you dont have USB 2.0 I still recommnd unplugging them.
so if you do use a virtual machine you should probably find the usb controller setting and choose anything below 2.0.
RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

I am just back in from work. Got a hold of an old laptop with xp on it gonna give that a shot. Yeah a seen that thing before but the links where all dead. I could just plug the hdd into an old pc and get the file from there cause the drive is still unlocked. Or is that wish full thinking lol.
RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

so I have managed to reflash the chip with the lastest m8+ bios. but I am now back to my original problem not loading much and I am about 99% sure its the hdd that is in it. can I build a HDD for it bare in mind that i do not have or ever had the stock HDD i have taken a backup on the Cdrive on the 60 HDD atm.
asbo

Post by asbo »

RBWazza wrote:so I have managed to reflash the chip with the lastest m8+ bios.
excellent :)
RBWazza wrote:can I build a HDD for it bare in mind that i do not have or ever had the stock HDD i have taken a backup on the Cdrive on the 60 HDD atm.
yes, just take out the old hard drive and plug a new one in, then if the old HDD is the problem it will then be able to load Hexen etc. off a disc and with that you'll be able to format the new hard drive.
RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

YEAH got it working. just need to set up dash properly and apps etc any good 1s people would suggest?

I want to put the xbox into my sons room he like to play all the old consoles e.g snes nes most of the segas etc.

and arcade games like rampage world tour.

Regards
blighty

Post by blighty »

RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

thanks man gonna have a look. i had to remove the clock capacitor it was leaking all over my mobo. I have put the xbox 360 dash with xbmc as well looks pretty nifty my son is really excited about playing it. but need to get a few controllers as I chopped the ends of them with my old xbox a while ago to use as pc controllers.
RBWazza

Post by RBWazza »

ps how do i thank people :D