Blackbolt Classic Final 2.0 on new XBMC4XBOX

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
NOTTHESAME

Re: Blackbolt Classic Final 2.0 on new XBMC4XBOX

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Floydthebarber wrote:AWESOME! Video previews work :D This is what I really wanted since I first saw this skin. Is it possible to have audio in the video previews as well? If the video previews would switch automatically while you scroll from game to game that would be cool as well instead of having to go to the selection "game preview" each time for every game.
im not that much of a pro, one of the devs on here knows how to do that but it would take alot of work, the only thing i can do is set it up so you press up or down and it will play, instead of going to the right and then clicking on the [game preview] if this is something you would want then i can do that ???
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Having a video preview play whilst moving to a new item is not, technically, possible. In theory, however, there may be a, albeit less than desirable and definitely to a non-panel type of view, solution.

The main problem that xbmc has with playing videos (continuously) is that xbmc loads libraries (which take ram) from the start; therefore, you will ALWAYS experience lag; this is specially true with xmv and mpeg4 (mostly dependent of the bitrate, but the lag remains irregardless).

Yeah, yeah, yeah... you're probably thinking, well some emulators such as "x, y, z" don't have an issue with xmv... well ( i encourage you to use those emulators if they do such a great job) they use a different codec that xbmc cannot use because of it's legality in terms of source code and licensing, which by the way, isn't up for discussion, and they also do not load libraries for many other codecs required to play lots of other videos; REMEMBER, xbmc was build a media player, first and foremost, the original devs did not really care about gaming since the xbox was doing that well enough.

Having said that... in any particular view, that does not use a panel type of container, you could set hidden button with a unique id (where foo=id#), and on the onright or onleft you can then set something like the following:

Code: Select all

<control type="button" id="99">	<!-- dummy (used to accept container focus)-->
	<posy>280</posy>
	<posx>200</posx>
	<width>160</width>
	<height>160</height>
	<texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
	<texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
	<label>-</label>
	<onright>Control.Move(foo,1)</onright>
	<onright>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Path,,preview.xmv])</onright>
	<onleft>Control.Move(foo,-1)</onleft>
	<onclick>SendClick(foo)</onclick>
	<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">false</visible>
</control>
if you have have more than one view, then you would have to supply a conditional statement:

<posy>280</posy>
	<posx>200</posx>
	<width>160</width>
	<height>160</height>
	<label>-</label>
	<onright condition="Control.IsVisible(foo)">Control.Move(foo,1)</onright>
	<onright condition="Control.IsVisible(foo2)">Control.Move(foo2,1)</onright>
	<onright condition="Control.IsVisible(foo3)">Control.Move(foo3,1)</onright>
	<onleft condition="Control.IsVisible(foo)">Control.Move(foo,-1)</onleft>
	<onleft condition="Control.IsVisible(foo2)">Control.Move(foo2,-1)</onleft>
	<onleft condition="Control.IsVisible(foo3)">Control.Move(foo3,-1)</onleft>
	<onleft >PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Path,,preview.xmv])</onleft >
	<onclick condition="Control.IsVisible(foo)">SendClick(foo)</onclick>
	<onclick condition="Control.IsVisible(foo2)">SendClick(foo2)</onclick>
	<onclick condition="Control.IsVisible(foo3)">SendClick(foo3)</onclick>
</control>
Now that the above has been accomplished... in the MyPrograms.xml, you would set the following:

<window id="1">
	<defaultcontrol always="true">99</defaultcontrol>
Now, moving on... some possible requirements and issues:
- a) the files that you wish you play MUST always be name the same (ie, preview.*, trailer.*, foo.*)
- b) the video must also be of the same type for all previews (ie, *.xmv, *.avi, *.mp4, etc.)
- c) if choosing to use *.xmv, you must enable full codec, which will take up more ram (at least last time i checked)

anyway, i have tested only half of the code above, since i have no desire on implementing this, i have not tested further... however, feel free to try it out and see what happens; these are just my two cents; take it or leave it :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

i will take a look at it, if someone can help us with this its even better so we can update the skin, at the time i was trying to set up another skin, but ill take a look at it later on tonight

http://pastebin.com/9Rxn0f2v

just in case someone can help us this is the dialogpluginssettings.xml

if i cant get it by then, im sorry but please stand by :)
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

just pasting a debug log, tho much appreciated, does not say anything... you must specify what you're looking for and what the issue is. Most of us are not going to attempt to decipher your goal, as valid as it may be.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:Having a video preview play whilst moving to a new item is not, technically, possible. In theory, however, there may be a, albeit less than desirable and definitely to a non-panel type of view, solution.

The main problem that xbmc has with playing videos (continuously) is that xbmc loads libraries (which take ram) from the start; therefore, you will ALWAYS experience lag; this is specially true with xmv and mpeg4 (mostly dependent of the bitrate, but the lag remains irregardless).

Yeah, yeah, yeah... you're probably thinking, well some emulators such as "x, y, z" don't have an issue with xmv... well ( i encourage you to use those emulators if they do such a great job) they use a different codec that xbmc cannot use because of it's legality in terms of source code and licensing, which by the way, isn't up for discussion, and they also do not load libraries for many other codecs required to play lots of other videos; REMEMBER, xbmc was build a media player, first and foremost, the original devs did not really care about gaming since the xbox was doing that well enough.

Having said that... in any particular view, that does not use a panel type of container, you could set hidden button with a unique id (where foo=id#), and on the onright or onleft you can then set something like the following:

<posy>280</posy>
	<posx>200</posx>
	<width>160</width>
	<height>160</height>
	<label>-</label>
	<onright>Control.Move(foo,1)</onright>
	<onleft>Control.Move(foo,-1)</onleft>
	<onclick>SendClick(foo)</onclick>
</control>
if you have have more than one view, then you would have to supply a conditional statement:

<posy>280</posy>
	<posx>200</posx>
	<width>160</width>
	<height>160</height>
	<label>-</label>
	<onright condition="Control.IsVisible(foo)">Control.Move(foo,1)</onright>
	<onright condition="Control.IsVisible(foo2)">Control.Move(foo2,1)</onright>
	<onright condition="Control.IsVisible(foo3)">Control.Move(foo3,1)</onright>
	<onleft condition="Control.IsVisible(foo)">Control.Move(foo,-1)</onleft>
	<onleft condition="Control.IsVisible(foo2)">Control.Move(foo2,-1)</onleft>
	<onleft condition="Control.IsVisible(foo3)">Control.Move(foo3,-1)</onleft>
	<onleft >PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Path,,preview.xmv])</onleft >
	<onclick condition="Control.IsVisible(foo)">SendClick(foo)</onclick>
	<onclick condition="Control.IsVisible(foo2)">SendClick(foo2)</onclick>
	<onclick condition="Control.IsVisible(foo3)">SendClick(foo3)</onclick>
</control>
Now that the above has been accomplished... in the MyPrograms.xml, you would set the following:

<window id="1">
	<defaultcontrol always="true">99</defaultcontrol>
Now, moving on... some possible requirements and issues:
- a) the files that you wish you play MUST always be name the same (ie, preview.*, trailer.*, foo.*)
- b) the video must also be of the same type for all previews (ie, *.xmv, *.avi, *.mp4, etc.)
- c) if choosing to use *.xmv, you must enable full codec, which will take up more ram (at least last time i checked)

anyway, i have tested only half of the code above, since i have no desire on implementing this, i have not tested further... however, feel free to try it out and see what happens; these are just my two cents; take it or leave it :)
thanks for the information, ill try what i can later on.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

heres the fix dialogpluginsettings.xml i did my best to fix this, its not as easy as it looks guys, download and replace this with the one in your pal folder

link is dead go here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... 793#p23793 ======== DOWNLOAD
Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Thank you for doing this NOTTHESAME. Good job on getting it to work! Unfortunately it is not fully functional, if you look at confluence lite version there a tabs at the top:
screenshot001.jpg
screenshot000.jpg
Hopefully you can fix this? I am really enjoying this skin on my bedroom xbox. I think the dialogpluginsettings.xml got changed some time ago to be more up-to-date with plugins however, this broke a lot of skins and made them obsolete IMO. Perhaps somebody here with better knowledge can shed some light on this?

Thanks again!
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

I see what you mean, I mist of used test a plugin with one page, I will take a closer look , also I see a window on the side maybe that'swwhat's miss but off screen
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

im not that much of a pro, one of the devs on here knows how to do that but it would take alot of work, the only thing i can do is set it up so you press up or down and it will play, instead of going to the right and then clicking on the [game preview] if this is something you would want then i can do that ???
Sure if you could play and possibly stop the video preview by pressing up or down I think this would make it a lot better. Thanks again Notthesame :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

well what this would do is play the video by pressing up or down, lets say up, then go to the next video, then press up again it will stop the other video and play the next, not smoothly but it will play it :)

let me know if up or down?
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

for now fixed the plugin settings, i might fix up and remove that little block that shows on on the right(sometimes), i think its an extra texture from the original skin how it use to present but since its been updated its showing up on the right, for now heres a quick fix guys enjoy
screenshots

[edit - removed by admin - no references to pirate addons please!]

go to the frist page on my frist post for the download :)
or click here -------> scroll down a few post down http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =15&t=3039
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

well what this would do is play the video by pressing up or down, lets say up, then go to the next video, then press up again it will stop the other video and play the next, not smoothly but it will play it :)

let me know if up or down?
Thanks for the quick reply Notthesame, How about we go with down.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

okay down it is, ill upload it later on in a while :)

edited : okay before you replace back up your CommonViewTypes.xml ,rename it or place it somewhere safe just in case, but now you should beable to use down or press game preview, but down only works with dvd wrap as you asked me :) try it out and let me know if anything is missing?

dont worry little by little we can improve this feature for your skin

ENJOY
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjj7n8z2yavha ... c.zip?dl=0 updated link site went down or something, 1/8/2015 (this is not a update just old link went down)
Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

Nice! Works well Notthesame thanks again. This isn't necessary but would it be possible to have the audio from the game previews play as well?
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

your video that you have should be able to play audio, you might want to turn on your DVD full codec support, in your settings/video/playback
then give it a go again
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

NOTTHESAME wrote:your video that you have should be able to play audio, you might want to turn on your DVD full codec support, in your settings/video/playback
then give it a go again
You were right I got it to play audio now. This is great :) Thanks a lot!

Oh is it possible to not have the name of the xmv video showing. Most of video preview names are too long to fit under that game preview window, so just getting rid of it would probably be the better way to go.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Try this, go to system, appearance then file list, now turnoff extentio. File, I'm sorry I'm. Of near my Xbox at the time, and don't thank me for turning on full codec player Dom had wrote this above,
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

for now fixed the plugin settings, i might fix up and remove that little block that shows on on the right(sometimes), i think its an extra texture from the original skin how it use to present but since its been updated its showing up on the right, for now heres a quick fix guys enjoy
screenshots
Thanks for the fix, good job on getting it to work! :)
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

Try this, go to system, appearance then file list, now turnoff extentio
This only removed the file extension .xmv from the the names of the videos, but it's okay it is still dam good :) One last thing I was wondering whether or not it could be implemented is if you exit out of your "Xbox Games" menu could whatever game preview you have running exit as well? Maybe if exiting with the B button or Back button also made the game preview stop. What do you think Notthesame, could this be done?
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

I'm not sure if the xbmc can control , in the key m apping.xml, the skin that uses a one button on off is pm3 I did try this before or to play I'm thinking it's not possible, I'm sure it'd not let me try