Blackbolt Classic Final 2.0 on new XBMC4XBOX

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Floydthebarber

Blackbolt Classic Final 2.0 on new XBMC4XBOX

Post by Floydthebarber »

Hey guys

First off I am new to creating skins or updating skins to work on newer builds of XBMC4XBOX, so sorry for my lack of knowledge here. I found this skin over at emuxtras.net and I really liked it for its ability to have Xbox game previews that run while scrolling through 3d game icons when looking for a game to select. Unfortunately this is an older skin now, and is not compatible with the newer version of XBMC4XBOX. Is it possible to update this skin to make it compatible with the newest version of XBMC4XBOX, like what was done with the "JX720" skin? The skin I am referring to is called "Blackbolt Classic Final 2.0" or it also goes by the name of "Xbox Classic Skin (customized)" Here is a download link

http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_MTI3Mzc/

Does anybody know how this could be done? Thanks
cashonly

Re: Blackbolt Classic Final 2.0 on new XBMC4XBOX

Post by cashonly »

hello, the download button does not work...
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

im going to take a look at it for now the skin.xml needs to be updated and if thats not it, then we might be in trouble cuase im not as good but i can try to make it work and see whats wrong.

hey just download or ask for the newer version that works with xbmc4xbox 3.5 beta 4 this is way to old and will give you a lot of trouble I got it to work but needs a lot of work and I use to have this skin, but try to ask bigby for this and he has a working version.

just scrap this one and don't even try to get it working you will waste your time if its already updated.
Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

@Cashonly That is strange because it works fine for me.

@Notthesame Thanks a lot! Very much appreciated :D
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tfmmb9tc5aya ... c.rar?dl=0
update 4/10/2015 latest update

thanks to everyone who still uses the original xbox

here some screen shots of the skin but also some of the fixes that needed to be fixed, the work was not mine it was done by
JezzX, i only am the modder for some of the features like game preview, fanart in programs.

4/10/2015 fixed screen calibration text for 3.5 xbmc4xbox.

Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:20 am, edited 7 times in total.
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

Thanks notthesame, but that forum thread is the thread that introduced me to this skin. I have read it all and applied the fixes. I still can't get this skin to work in XBMC4XBOX Version 3.5 Beta 4, it just says that it requires skins that are compatible with skin engine 2.10 In the readme file of the blackbolt classic skin it says that it is compatible with version 2.0 of the XBMC skin engine. I have got this skin working in older versions of XBMC now, but I still can't do what I originally wanted this skin for in the first place, and that is to have Xbox game video previews to go along with the 3d artwork while I scroll through looking for a game. Like how bigby had it set up, like this

I don't know how to set the "view" to "dvd wrap" or get the video preview to show up in the left bottom corner. I have tried making a folder called "Fanart" in the F partition and naming the videos the exact same names as the games, but I don't know where to go from there.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Please give me a few hours I'm at work when I get home will send u the working skin with game preview and fan art also so bare with me
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

NOTTHESAME wrote:Please give me a few hours I'm at work when I get home will send u the working skin with game preview and fan art also so bare with me
Thanks so much Notthesame :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

here you go

:)

Floydthebarber for now mi amigo check out the skin, in the mean time ill try to find the programs.xml that i use to have so i dont have to postion all the windows and add the code again, if not then ill just make a new one, this is the skin its 100% working, it has no fanart or game preview at the time ill have thoses in a bit i just got go and ill send it to you when ready then you can replace thoses files im sure its just programs.xml.

for now check out the skin it runs really good at 720p, i might add a few things like the time inside fullscreen when watching a movie, since it does not have it.

if you notice anything wrong or an error something that is not working let me know FLOYD :)

i will add your fanart, and game preview later today.

the main menu needs something, the menu on the right is blank which use to be the online gaming menu but is not supported for xbmc4xbox 3.5 beta 4.

if you want anything else in request just let me know this goes for anyone else guys :) and much help is welcome .

Edited New update
DOWNLOAD ===> http://www.sockshare.com/file/33002BE7161A8205 ENJOY!
Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

The first post should be edited to show some screenshots and the updated download link.

I'll check it out soon!
yadster

Post by yadster »

Is it possible to edit the 'video preview' so it's larger in size and is it a viable option to add the video preview to other XBMC skins?
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Floyd heres the Game preview, for now i need you to test this to make sure it works, you can try formats like xmv,avi,mp4 and wmv
let me know how it works, it wont show the little window since this is for testing ill add it once we see this is working correctly :)

download and replace your programs file, it has fanart and game preview.

DOWNLOAD =====> http://www.sockshare.com/file/84F3291E1192265E

report back when you think you know where you want your window.
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

Nice Notthesame! I really like it so far. A few issues though are

-If you go into settings, then system then the left side menu is cut off, dvdplayer cache and mplayer cache don't fit into the menu space.
-I like the background game preview that is a nice touch, but is it possible to have the entire screen filled with the background image, instead of leaving that little bottom part not filled in? Is there a certain best fit size of picture that I should be using for the background images?
-I would like the video preview to be in the left hand corner just like blackbolt had it setup.
-Is it possible to have "DVD Wrap" as view option in "Programs Menu" like in the image I uploaded, with the icons being quite large and more in the middle of the screen?
-There doesn't seem to be an option to set video playback to 480p, could this be implemented?
-If you go into settings then chose "about XBMC" nothing happens, I think there use to be a video that would play after selecting this option, kinda like a credits roll. Could this be setup again to play the video?
-Can the third blank option in the main menu on the right hand side selection menu, just below "Favorites" and "Shutdown" be removed?

Other than those issues it seems to be working really well, and so far it plays any kind of media file I through at it, video, music, or picture.
Thanks again Notthesame
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Floydthebarber wrote:Nice Notthesame! I really like it so far. A few issues though are

-If you go into settings, then system then the left side menu is cut off, dvdplayer cache and mplayer cache don't fit into the menu space.
-I like the background game preview that is a nice touch, but is it possible to have the entire screen filled with the background image, instead of leaving that little bottom part not filled in? Is there a certain best fit size of picture that I should be using for the background images?
-I would like the video preview to be in the left hand corner just like blackbolt had it setup.
-Is it possible to have "DVD Wrap" as view option in "Programs Menu" like in the image I uploaded, with the icons being quite large and more in the middle of the screen?
-There doesn't seem to be an option to set video playback to 480p, could this be implemented?
-If you go into settings then chose "about XBMC" nothing happens, I think there use to be a video that would play after selecting this option, kinda like a credits roll. Could this be setup again to play the video?
-Can the third blank option in the main menu on the right hand side selection menu, just below "Favorites" and "Shutdown" be removed?

Other than those issues it seems to be working really well, and so far it plays any kind of media file I through at it, video, music, or picture.
Thanks again Notthesame
okay i didnt notice that, it just needs to be corrected this is from an old xbmc, the new one has a dvdplayer cache and mplayer cache yes its simple to fix, i can do it.

okay i wanted to see if you wanted a fullscreen or the little corner of the screen, yes, as a matter of a fact i was the one who did that with someone else, but i left this skin on my other hard drive, but yes its pssoible.

the video playback option is located in settings/video/playback, then you set it.

about xbmc
yes the info of xbmc use to be their, if you want something their or removed i can remove it, if you want another option like shutdown or something i can do that for you.

i can remove that arm, if you want something their then i can do it, but if you dont also i was gonna add a few mods like the fanart, but ill see what else you would like. :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

heres all the that you requested, if you see something else please let me know

NOTE: OPEN IN NEW WINDOW TO VIEW FULL IMAGE PLEASE!
:)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjj7n8z2yavha ... lassic.zip video info lined up

enjoy!
Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

Awesome Notthesame!

I still can't get the game video preview to work though. I think there might have been a misunderstanding, in the image I uploaded of the game preview fanart it looks as though the preview is an image but it is a video preview not an image preview. That is why I said that I wanted the video preview to be in the bottom left corner of the screen. If a video preview, and an image preview cannot be done at the same time, then I would like the video preview over an image preview. Do you know how to make the preview a video instead of an image Notthesame? Jezz_X said in the forum thread over at emuxtras.net that he uses a VideoOverlay.xml to change the size of the video and place it anywhere on the screen".

One other minor thing is when you press down on the right analog stick there are four options to choose from, and one of them just says "Dashboard" but when you select it, it actually brings you to the Microsoft Dashboard. Could you change this so that it reads "Microsoft Dashboard" instead of just "Dashboard"?

It works great though :) I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this for me. I want to eventually learn how to do this stuff myself so I don't need to bother anyone by asking them if they would do the work for me.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

download this file and replace in both the PAL and PAL16.9
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gudz3omdjpphu ... eekBar.xml

it was suppose to cache the movies but something happen i need to look at it really good, so just replace this file then you should be okay with seeking :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Floydthebarber wrote:Awesome Notthesame!

I still can't get the game video preview to work though. I think there might have been a misunderstanding, in the image I uploaded of the game preview fanart it looks as though the preview is an image but it is a video preview not an image preview. That is why I said that I wanted the video preview to be in the bottom left corner of the screen. If a video preview, and an image preview cannot be done at the same time, then I would like the video preview over an image preview. Do you know how to make the preview a video instead of an image Notthesame? Jezz_X said in the forum thread over at emuxtras.net that he uses a VideoOverlay.xml to change the size of the video and place it anywhere on the screen".

One other minor thing is when you press down on the right analog stick there are four options to choose from, and one of them just says "Dashboard" but when you select it, it actually brings you to the Microsoft Dashboard. Could you change this so that it reads "Microsoft Dashboard" instead of just "Dashboard"?

It works great though :) I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this for me. I want to eventually learn how to do this stuff myself so I don't need to bother anyone by asking them if they would do the work for me.
dont worry i like to practice on theses skins and get them to work better for our xbox users and friends :)

okay you have to be sure to place theses videos and make sure they are .xmv format, for example .mp3
now place them in your fanart, in either your E drive or F drive, do you have F drive? if not i will need to change this back to E drive.

when you press down on the right analog is your shutdown options, restart xbmc, reboot xbox, shutdown and system info.

to change the dashbaord go to your settings/programs/ go to the buttom where it says dashboard, be sure to use a second dashboard, not a program or something like that, games. becarefull what you do when using this, now, this can also be like a exit.

please be sure to download the file i uploaded and replace i need to fix this as soon as i can or redownload the fullskin again i just uploaded a fix.
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

AWESOME! Video previews work :D This is what I really wanted since I first saw this skin. Is it possible to have audio in the video previews as well? If the video previews would switch automatically while you scroll from game to game that would be cool as well instead of having to go to the selection "game preview" each time for every game.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

video info lined up
Great was going to ask for this! Could you please take a look at the "plugin settings" option for video plugins? it comes up garbled.
Its nice to see this skin getting some updates, I'm pretty sure it's not used on PC's very much and it would be a shame for this skin to be forgotten about!