Best softmod 2tb upgrade tutorial?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
XC-3730C

Best softmod 2tb upgrade tutorial?

Post by XC-3730C »

I currently have a Softmodded 1.6 (I used 007 AUF). I want to put a 2TB (Seagate st32000542AS) in my XBOX.

Could someone point me to a good tutorial for installing a 2TB drive in a Softmodded XBOX? I have Google and seen many guides, but I am confused.

Also, is a chipped/TSOP XBOX easier to put a 2TB drive in?
Rocky5

Re: Best softmod 2tb upgrade tutorial?

Post by Rocky5 »

I don't know of a tutorial specifically for 2TB but for softmod you use Chimp 2168 easiest way now a days.

Then after you have cloned the C & E partitions & locked the new HDD to your xbox EEPROM you will use XboxPartitioner 1.3 to format the extended partitions to 900+GB each.

When that's all done you need to make sure your softmod supports the use of custom partition tables or at the very least F & G partition support.

I will be doing a tutorial well a walk through maybe today (4th Aug) on how to use Chimp on a softmodded system, since chipped or tsoped flashed is easier. (Chip or Tsop requires newer bios for custom partition support)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Rocky5,

Thank you for the reply! I have already done a larger HDD (250GB) for a softmod using Chimp, but I wasn't sure what the process was for 2TB drives.

What BIOS should I use for a TSOP XBOX to use a 2TB drive?

I look forward to your tutorial!

P.S. Once I get a 2TB drive set up on my XBOX, is it possible to connect it to my PC and transfer games and such to it, or is FTP the only way to transfer from PC to XBOX?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

It's the same process as the 250gb HDD you done only you split the two extra partitions to 900+GB each. Then that's should be you. If you on an older softmod you can use the disc I made for my softmod to update & then you know 100% custom partitions are supported.

Also I use Ind-Bios 5004 for all my tsops since it a 256kb bios it fits on everything.

& it's only FTP I'm afraid or DVD2Xbox if you have the discs.

We'll there used to be an old Linux distro that supported FatX partitions, but I could never find it. Windows is a no go altogether for transferring lots of files via 360explorer. (There is an app called HD FATXBOX Explorer but whether that works I don't know)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

What program do you use to split the two extra partitions? Which softmod do you recommend (I want to do another 2TB HDD on my brother's 1.6 XBOX). What softmod disc did you make?

I can only find IND 5003, not 5004.