NEW SITE LAUNCHED www.totalXBMC.tv

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
whufclee

NEW SITE LAUNCHED www.totalXBMC.tv

Post by whufclee »

(31/05/2014) Update: Totally new website, please take a look and help me with the Xbox section!

http://www.totalxbmc.tv

Welcome to totalXBMC.tv - your new portal for all things XBMC.

What to expect:
• News: Get the latest news from ALL the various XBMC sites
• Video Guides: Hardware, software, addons & reviews
• Addon Support: Sort by genre. Preview videos of EVERY addon (official & unofficial). Unbiased full descriptions. Real-time status information and known bug fixes and whether or not it's xbox compatible (I may need your help on this one please guys!)
• Links To Support Threads: Without prejudice, no matter what site happens to have support for a particular topic you’ll find direct links to the official support threads.
• Hardware: Unbiased hardware reviews with a full list of pros/cons and links of where to buy.

Please browse around the website, I'm hoping you guys can give me some input and possibly help out with a compatibility list for xbox. I've created a forum especially for this and if you can give me your results I'll mark the addons accordingly.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by whufclee on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Totsamazeballs

Re: NEW SITE LAUNCHED www.totalXBMC.tv

Post by Totsamazeballs »

Am I right in thinking that this new website is the home of those devs who left/were kicked out of the hub for using adverts and google coding? I stopped using addons from those devs as I don't agree with it. Are they sticking to this new idea of theirs?
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

No this is my site, it's a project I was working on before the "split" and ironically was designed to try and bring all the communities closer together. It just got sidetracked as I was trying to patch things up between the sites you mentioned, unfortunately certain parties were very stubborn and decided the best course of action to take was to cause a rift and spread lots of hateful unsubstantiated rumours. If you take a look you'll see I have links to support threads on xbmc4xbox, xbmc.org, xunitytalk, xbmchub, xbmcandroid and openelec - our great family of XBMC users and devs have been been caught in the middle of one mans war for far too long and deserve better so that's what I'm trying to acheive here. Support for every platform and every xbmc site, we're all adults and nobody should be told where they can or cannot go - it's up the the individual user to make their own mind up. I can't' speak for anyone on xbmchub but I can assure you the team at xunitytalk have only wanted peace from day one and I'm pretty sure the majority of XBMC users feel the same no matter which site they use (or don't).

I'll be asking for help from all corners of the xbmc communities so if you feel you'd like to contribute please get in touch, the more the merrier!
dekd

Post by dekd »

will be there! feel obliged to support as someone who has benifitted from your personal help and your work. Keep it up !
blighty

Post by blighty »

Bookmarked!

Thank You whufclee
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

and the addon for the site is here:

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =17&t=2317

regards jan
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Good work Lee.

I see you even have some info on my latest project there. XBMC on the OUYA. It feels a bit like the first time i softmodded my XBox, a gaming console converted to a mediacenter :)

I have managed to sideload play store now, so i can have the Norwegian music streaming app, Wimp an the OUYA too. Now i just need to source out a decent bluetooth keyboard with mousepad :)'

Will you do the OUYA on ur site?
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Hi everyone, I'm back!

Please come and visit the new look totalxbmc website, I need your help! I've spent the past few months making some big changes and the major one is the addons section. I'm sure you're fully aware that talk of certain copyrighted content is now prohibited on this site and understandably so. TotalXBMC has details of every xbmc add-on ever made and that does include all the third party ones so please do not discuss on this forum. I'm currently trying to create an xbox compatible section, this is all done via the backend database which pulls live info so I just need your help with testing. Who's up for the job?

Hope to see you there soon, thanks in advance.
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

Hey Lee I was wondering if it was at all possible for you to make the website available via tapatalk app please?

Many thanks

Paul
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Thanks chunk, can you please post on the totalxbmc forum so that suggestion doesn't get lost? There's a section for website suggestions, you can be the first to post in there!

It's a great idea and not something I'd looked into. I wouldn't know where to start but I'm sure someone will be able to point me in the right direction ;)
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Update: Video added to OP, also there's another thing I need help with...

Any skinners or addon developers (or anyone really) that knows of content not yet available on totalxbmc please contact me.

If you've created your own skins/addons ideally it would be good if you could put your work on github in the form of a zip file and an accompanying addons.xml. If you don't want to do this that's fine just let me know and I'll add it to the "homeless addons" repo but it would be better if you can host on your own repo, that way everything on the site is always completely up-to-date. If anyone needs help setting this up it's reasonably straight forward so just contact me and I'll try and guide you through it.

Thanks guys
UserT

Post by UserT »

Thank you whufclee! I've been looking for something like this.