XBMC4Xbox Remote - Android app

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sahib12

Re: XBMC4Xbox Remote - Android app

Post by sahib12 »

Hey dude, not sure whether this has already been posted but when i try to share a youtube video it always says: error playback false

I know you're probs gonna need a log, i'll get to it asap. Other than that this app is epic.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Yes please, I need to know more info about your context from the debug log (XBMC4Xbox version, YouTube plugin version, HTTP command sent, what the YouTUbe plugin said and so on).
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Hey, sorry for the late reply, been a busy week... here you go http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=201337

It did it with beta 2 also, i saw 'caught fapping' in the debug log, what on earth is that meant to mean? :O
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

BuZz wrote:It's the name of a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmgc7bIf5PQ
Oh right, i'm fairly sure i didnt share that to xbmc :p
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@sahib12
What were you sharing exactly? step me through please.
It looks like it couldn't identify a video id from the shared URL - if you tell me what video where you sharing and how I could try and replace it.

Code: Select all

15:58:24 M: 37416960   DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: ExecBuiltIn  paras: ExecBuiltIn; PlayMedia(plugin://video/YouTube/?action=play_video&videoid=)
I think I may have found why, the application cannot identify the video ID properly from URLs like:

http://youtu.be/ID
I'll need to make a change and come back to you this week definitely, working on the project this week.
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Basically from my phone i went to the youtube app and searched a vid and hit share, shared to xbmc4xbox. Comes up with playback false. Thing is this worked before, uswd to do it with a lot of youtube videos and they all played on the xbox now its says playback false, and i dont think its anything to do with the build as this happened mid 3.5 beta 2

TNA Victory Road 2011 - Sting vs Jeff Hardy - TNA…: http://youtu.be/2V6ulxTRSDc

Thats the vid i shared, the vid does work on xbox through the youtube plugin.

Thank you very much man, really appreciate your hard work
Fastlane

Post by Fastlane »

Dan Dar3 wrote:@giqcass
Can you capture the Movies > Files > Play action in xbmc.log (debug if possible) and upload to pastebin.com to have a look at it, thanks.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65

Does it even get to XBMC4Xbox or you get an error on the Android side?
i get the same error.
everything else is working fine.
the android side connects justfine.
music playback is working.
http://pastebin.com/36NQGvAy
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@Fastlane
Not quite a debug log, but it's obvious even from this one that your installation is running out of memory.

First, you're running a build from a year ago (see 2nd line: May 21 2013 (SVN:31769)), you should update to a newer version - see the XBMC4Xbox Installer link in my signature and read it's wiki page first.

Second, see the "M:" column in your log? That's free memory. It falls abruptely at times when it doesn't seem to be playing video, which is unusual and it probably get solved by updating (above). When it goes to play the video it gets so bad that it will fail (only 57 KB free memory won't do much).

12:51:59 M:  7340032  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: F:\Video\Serien\And1 Mixtapes\And1 Mixtape Vol. 1.mpg
12:52:00 M:    81920   ERROR: Could not create RGB lookup textures
12:52:00 M:    57344   ERROR: CDVDPlayerVideo::OutputPicture - failed to configure renderer
PS: Try the Commands > Logs function in the app. It allows you to view the current log (xbmc.log) as well as previous log (xbmc.old.log), in case you're rebooting it from a crash, and uploading it to xbmclogs.com right from the app.
Fastlane

Post by Fastlane »

Okay, thank you so far
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

@Dan: Any chance of launching games from the app??
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@AwesomeNurd
I know I promised that 3 months ago so I won't do it again - all I'll say is that games and emulators will be in next time.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

That's great ;-) thank you
Fastlane

Re: AW: XBMC4Xbox Remote - Android app

Post by Fastlane »

Dan Dar3 wrote:@Fastlane
Not quite a debug log, but it's obvious even from this one that your installation is running out of memory.

First, you're running a build from a year ago (see 2nd line: May 21 2013 (SVN:31769)), you should update to a newer version - see the XBMC4Xbox Installer link in my signature and read it's wiki page first.

Second, see the "M:" column in your log? That's free memory. It falls abruptely at times when it doesn't seem to be playing video, which is unusual and it probably get solved by updating (above). When it goes to play the video it gets so bad that it will fail (only 57 KB free memory won't do much).

12:51:59 M:  7340032  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: F:\Video\Serien\And1 Mixtapes\And1 Mixtape Vol. 1.mpg
12:52:00 M:    81920   ERROR: Could not create RGB lookup textures
12:52:00 M:    57344   ERROR: CDVDPlayerVideo::OutputPicture - failed to configure renderer
PS: Try the Commands > Logs function in the app. It allows you to view the current log (xbmc.log) as well as previous log (xbmc.old.log), in case you're rebooting it from a crash, and uploading it to xbmclogs.com right from the app.
So i just installed the newest Version of xbmc (3.5 Beta4), but it's still not working for me...it's the same issue...music will start, movies will not...any other suggestions?
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@Fastlane
Ok, I need from you another log with the new version and this time please make it a DEBUG log (there's more information in it).
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65
Fastlane

Post by Fastlane »

Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@Fastlane
Sorry I can't see any problems in the log - it appears you just went to a media location, I can't see in there any media playback at all. Did you actually do that before uploading the log?
Fastlane

Post by Fastlane »

Yes. Thats what I tried. I turned debug mode on and reproduced the error. That's really weird. I mean, how could this not be visible in the log file?
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

I don't know, it's possible the log is incomplete or you're not uploading the right log (was it the .old or the current one) - just make sure it contains the playback call and some ERROR word in it.
Fastlane

Post by Fastlane »

Just created another log... http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=210342
It's the current log

Then i restarted the Xbox and this is how the old.log looks like:
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=210358