Xbox V1.1 with 128mb of Ram and 1ghz CPU

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
N64 freak

Xbox V1.1 with 128mb of Ram and 1ghz CPU

Post by N64 freak »

I got another Xbox for Sale. This time it's a v1.1 with 128mb of Ram and 1ghz CPU upgrade.
The xbox is in a great condition and is 100% working. It has a philips DVD drive and a 8gb HDD.
XBMC 3.3.3 is installed as the main dashboard.

I would like to have 80€ for the complete Xbox.

I'm willing to ship it internationally if you cover the shipping costs.
Shipping will cost 17€ to the UK and 36€ to the USA.

Here are some pictures showing the condition of the case and the motherboard.

Image Image Image
Image Image

If you have any questions drop me a PM!
King_customs

Re: Xbox V1.1 with 128mb of Ram and 1ghz CPU

Post by King_customs »

This Is great,, I know one Guy in China That Does this But it Comes
out Expensive.
Glad your On here doing this,,I might buy a Few
of these at some Point.
PM me a price by the way to Florida U.S.A.

:D
Custom Edition Xboxs by King_Customs Message Me If you Want Something Nice ; )
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

http://www.wikihow.com/Capitalise-Correctly

Because it's giving me a headache.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

He he BuZz you make me laugh...
Written on a smartphone perhaps :-).
garet74

Post by garet74 »

hey i want a super xbox..do you have one for me?
morinzo

Post by morinzo »

I'm interested in this or having the 1ghz mod done to my 1.0 that already has 128mb ram. please get back to me..
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

@Garet74 and morinzo: Just sent both of you a PM!
Sorry for the delay! I haven't had access to my computer for a few days.
Blackshadow

Post by Blackshadow »

my last xbox went bang so looking for a replacement noticed this a while ago and was wondering if you have any more to sell with 128mb and 1ghz processor considering the price you posted is great plus im from the uk :D
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Yeah kinda tempted too.... whats the bus speed thou? I kinda remember reading that 1Ghz CPU's run at 100Mhz... whereas the 733Mhz CPU runs at 133Mhz... making them much the same performance wise?
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

@Blackshadow and Geeba:
Sent both of you a PM!
looney bin jim

Post by looney bin jim »

Hi people!

I purchased an upgraded v1.2 box from freak about a month ago. I highly recommend his services, he is a true craftsman at work! :ugeek:

Keep on rocking the box!

Looney Bin
People I can vouch for that do good business on this forum:

*Spicemuseum*Turfster*N64freak*Xphazer*
Blackshadow

Post by Blackshadow »

got mine an hour or so ago been testing it out and have to say this guy is top dollar highly recommend him to anybody wanting this upgrade
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

I will take one of these!

Which emulators take advantage of the faster CPU and 128mb RAM?
Blackshadow

Post by Blackshadow »

most madmab emulators will make use of cpu and ram automaticly this includes pcsxbox snes9xbox neogenesis etc arcade emulators like final burn legends requires an xbe patch i think but after that it will also use the extra ram surreal64 will also make use of the ram and cpu aswell

obviusly the performance increase wont be as 'substantial' as the 1.4ghz upgrade but it helps a lot with a few things ive tested so far like silent hill in pcsxbox the fps is far more stable now
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Damn well I want one with a 1.4ghz cpu and 128mb ram
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Cheers for the PM N64 ;)

Very tempted I must say.... :D - how is the 1.4Ghz research coming on?
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

Well i'm pretty far with the theory but i still struggle with the Layout.
It's just a very big Layout and i still need to find the bga495 and pga370 eagle files.
The other option would be to do a custom socket Layout but that would take a lot of time.
Once i'm finished with that i can build the first prototype and test everything.
Guess what that will still consume a lot of time!

@XV-3730C: Check your pm's regarding an upgraded board!
Blackshadow

Post by Blackshadow »

@n64freak
didn't realize you where researching 1.4 upgrades would definitely buy one of those in the future if you ever sort it out that aside more or less finished testing all my apps out on the box you sent and it works brilliantly just have the monumental task of patching all my games to run at the correct speed now :lol:
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Is there a list out there for all 1.4ghz/128mb supported emus/homebrew? Does the RAM upgrade help more than the CPU upgrade or vice versa (or both combined)? I use coinops6, Vision4, MAMEoXtras, and N64
Blackshadow

Post by Blackshadow »

so long as you patch th xbes pretty much all emus will take advantage of the extra power though how there programmed effects how thatll happen eg pcsxbox prtty much gets no benefits from the xtra ram unless you want to use filters without a performance drop as its mostly cpu dependant mame based will take advantage of both cpu and ram th ram mostly for rom loading allowing faster load times/less lag in certan games due to having most the game in memory instead of using virtual memory like on a stock

it depends what your after really but hers a basic run down for individual things

CPU = more processing power which basicly boosts th performance in emulators like pcsxbox gaining better fps eg the latest test build tomb raider II'i think' runs a bit choppy on stock but a 1ghz is far better and a 1.4 is pretty close to perfect same with the syphon filter series stock runs crap but biggr processor renders it more or less playable from the test results i saw

xbmc obviusly also makes use of this extra power and puts it to use on playing video files etc you find it runs much smoother than it did before if your using a power hungry skin on it aswell

RAM = boosts mames performance quite a bit due to more memory for rom loading sicne it basicly takes out the need for virtual memory games as a result load and perform much quicker than before this might also apply to the final burn series of emulators aswell but im not entirly sure would have to check

xbmc will be less likely to lock up when using skins and running higher detail video files as its much less likly to frag with an out of memory crash

surreal gains a good benefit from the ram aswell as you can allocate more memory to rom paging and the dynamic recompiler than on a stock xbox the anti alias settings are dependant on the ram aswell so you can enable that aswell if you wish without worrying about a performance dip this emulator in paticurler benefits from botht h cpu and the ram boost whn it coms to high demanding games like goldeneye

pretty much every other emulator like pcsxbox neogenesis etc etc will make use of the ram and cpu but th ram will pretty much just apply to enabling filters without losing performance 'so if you want to run wipeout 2097 with HQ4X enabled the ram is for you :lol: ' generally thee emulators make better use of the cpus than the ram

cant comment on coinops as i dont use it so somon els would have to answer that in regards to being used on an ugraded box