Addons4xbox installer issues r32705

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
byron

Addons4xbox installer issues r32705

Post by byron »

The installer plugin is working --- unofficial repos now works (thanks BuZz) --- however, no access to our repo at all. Unless something is in the works for a future release or something, as of this build cannot get content from our Music, Scripts, Modules, or Videos...a4x just pulls up an empty directory.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=184049
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Addons4xbox installer issues r32705

Post by BuZz »

byron wrote:The installer plugin is working --- unofficial repos now works (thanks BuZz) --- however, no access to our repo at all. Unless something is in the works for a future release or something, as of this build cannot get content from our Music, Scripts, Modules, or Videos...a4x just pulls up an empty directory.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=184049
that is correct. it points to a new empty repository for addons for 3.5, of which there are currently none - but many mainline ones will work out of the box (youtube works - minus logging in, vimeo, vine, and some from the unofficial repos) (some may need some fixed up script modules)

our 3.5 repository will contain a few important ones which don't work when installed directly, and a few that I manage such as iplayer etc. and of course some modified script modules.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

basically, because the new python has much better compatibility than the old python 2.4, we may no longer need many of the script modules we had before, so it needs to be rebuilt. I haven't had time to do that yet.
byron

Post by byron »

Cool, that's actually what I was kind of hoping was going on, but I thought it might be worth reporting just in case. I think it's safe to say that I speak for everyone on this...can't wait until everything is up and running with the new python changes completely in effect :)
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Byron, if you need any of the old script modules or anything, just let me know. I can kick em over to ya.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

byron wrote: I think it's safe to say that I speak for everyone on this...can't wait until everything is up and running with the new python changes completely in effect :)
Oh yes! This new update is going to be off the hook! :D