End of support for [removed] Plugin on Xbox

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
Floydthebarber

End of support for [removed] Plugin on Xbox

Post by Floydthebarber »

This is such a sad turn of events. First I want to make it clear that I am not posting this to complain, or say that anybody should be feel obligated to maintain the [removed] plugin. With that said, I am so sad to hear about the discontinuation of support for the [removed] plugin. I use it everyday, as I don't have cable, and it is so nice to use with an all in one console like the original Xbox. I would switch to another plugin, but really I don't find any of the others nearly as comprehensive as the [removed] plugin. It seems to have everything. I can't see myself using my Xbox for streaming media anymore without the [removed] plugin, so I guess this is sadly the point in time that I retire my Xbox from anything but gaming (which I really do nothing of these days). It's been fun while it lasted, thanks for maintaining it as long as you guys have.
Last edited by Floydthebarber on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
skatulskijean

Re: End of [removed] Plugin

Post by skatulskijean »

I understand your option.
But xbmc4xbox have live without the 1 channel addon.
I hat is make first working for xbmc4xbox.
But the situation is we want a repo for xbmc4xbox and only with stuff what is legal this is with the main xbmc repo the same.
Its no stuff on it (like 1 channel).
Its not a big problem to make the addom compatible or to write a own addon what access the same source so we i have it it do with my Primewirexbmc4xbox addon.
My native language is german so since all addons what i have adapted or written was holding english language Sources only a Tribut from me for the english Language user from xbmc4xbox.

We have many english Language users but nobody will have the time to lock self or fix self what he want.
This is the Problem here .

Regards Jan
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Whats wrong with [removed]? Has the [removed] plugin stoppped working? Bstrdsmkr still maintains it right? Just install his repo and update if neccasary. Btw please give other addons a fair go, tv shows is really good and movie25 is very sillmilar to [removed]. Plus there is a primewire plugin for [removed] which works too.
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

I'm also quite sad that [removed] has come to an end, I used it daily and other plugins I have tried can't seem to match it.

EDIT: I did not realize that the plugin has not been maintained for a while anyway.
Last edited by r32crazy01 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

I will check this when I get home. Any more details as to what is going on would be spectacular.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

This thread name is extremely misleading...
Floydthebarber

Post by Floydthebarber »

Xphazer wrote:This thread name is extremely misleading...
I changed the thread name, sorry for it being misleading.
Xphazer

Re: End of [removed] Plugin on Xbox

Post by Xphazer »

Still misleading, who said it was the end of [removed]? Does the creator of the add-on said it was the end?
These add-on's should never have been there in first place, some other add-on will (or should) be removed too.
Are these kind of add-on's included in the official (mainline) XBMC repo? No. :)

Just be patient, someone will probably get care of these things for people who are interested soon or later. But we have nothing to do with it anymore.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I'm just waiting for the end of complaints ;-)

Unfortunately I guess it is human nature to only say when stuff doesn't work, and say nothing when it does, and it's easy to forget that the entire project here, for the old dead xbox, is done by people in their spare time, for no reward (apart from the complaints!)

[removed] was only maintained very briefly anyway, so I guess OP hasn't used xbmc4xbox for long..

I don't care really anyway. Talk about streaming from illegal websites elsewhere.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Floydthebarber wrote:This is such a sad turn of events. First I want to make it clear that I am not posting this to complain, or say that anybody should be feel obligated to maintain the [removed] plugin. With that said, I am so sad to hear about the discontinuation of support for the [removed] plugin. I use it everyday, as I don't have cable, and it is so nice to use with an all in one console like the original Xbox. I would switch to another plugin, but really I don't find any of the others nearly as comprehensive as the [removed] plugin. It seems to have everything. I can't see myself using my Xbox for streaming media anymore without the [removed] plugin, so I guess this is sadly the point in time that I retire my Xbox from anything but gaming (which I really do nothing of these days). It's been fun while it lasted, thanks for maintaining it as long as you guys have.
[removed] is working fine