plex to xbmc(xbox)

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sixties keith

Re: plex to xbmc(xbox)

Post by sixties keith »

Jan the video looks awesome cant wait for the finished product. i also notice your using a 128mb xbox (so much smoother loading stuff than my 64mb xbox so this is defo a to do for me now :) )

i tried streaming a hd mp4 rip which played but had frame drops during high action / movement scenes. i also tried a 720p rip but this crashed the xbox altogether.

so i continued to look into the profiles and testing different things when i noticed this post which may be of help. its an attempt of a profile to the xbox im hoping to get working with some tweaks.

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/ ... c-profile/

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ok so im still working with this profile. i noticed that it was indeed using a standard profile due to no xbox profile being available.

i created a new profile (xbmc) and viewing the log the the xbox is being picked up and the xbmc profile now being used. tried several different settings but the results seem to be the same so far.

is there anyone else working on this? i think having plex set up so it can real time trans-code higher quality media on the fly would be a super addition to the xbox.

however if this cant be set up is there a trans-coding program i can use along side plex?

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

anyone?

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

Has anyone else had any luck with creating a profile for transcoding higher quality stuff to the xbox?

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

Has anyone had a go at creating an xbox profile? i still haven't got mine to work, not sure but i think more info is needed inc bit rates etc the xbox can handle.

let me know guys cheers

skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

sixties keith wrote:Has anyone had a go at creating an xbox profile? i still haven't got mine to work, not sure but i think more info is needed inc bit rates etc the xbox can handle.

let me know guys cheers
Have momently not luck .
first i make a new version from my GameLauncher addon and than i go back to create a plex movie or season addon(xbmc4xbox).
When i this do i have a look on it .
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ok jan thats fair enough i know your a very busy guy.

do you know anywhere i can find information on the xbox? video bitrates, audio and video codecs used etc? i see alot of other plex profiles use these. if you get a chance have a quick glance at some of the other profiles incuded in plex to better understand what I'm talking about.

as for the plexbmc addon, it works great so don't think you need to make another. even the channels work. ( i watched filmon for ages even though the plugin version is broken) its simply the transcoding which isn't working and thats down to the profile.

skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

sixties keith wrote:ok jan thats fair enough i know your a very busy guy.

do you know anywhere i can find information on the xbox? video bitrates, audio and video codecs used etc? i see alot of other plex profiles use these. if you get a chance have a quick glance at some of the other profiles incuded in plex to better understand what I'm talking about.

as for the plexbmc addon, it works great so don't think you need to make another. even the channels work. ( i watched filmon for ages even though the plugin version is broken) its simply the transcoding which isn't working and thats down to the profile.
Yes it is working but you can not see the Fanart and the xbmc-Source can not access the right Year or Tracknumber over Python.

I want for me only a skin with a homemenü with Buttons for Plex what open a New Window with access to the Plexaddons(Music,Movie,TVSHOw,Picture,
A rss Video Feed on the Homescrcreen and The Game Button what lauch my GameLauncher script.
All without access the xbmcLibary .

So i make a addon for it basicly to understand we the plexmediaserver and the access to the addons works.
I will have working transcoding for this to.

I think the plexmediaserver transcoding working over ffmpeg so on the theory all what the community have down to transcode a stream on a xbox friendly format will work
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

OK jan that's great news sorry for the misunderstanding.

I see what you mean about fan art etc and this new plugin sounds like its got round basically every issue the current plexbmc has.

anyways will keep and eye out for this release and get testing once it is.

thanks again

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

Has anyone else had a go at this profile?

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

Is any1 working on this or is it a lost cause? i really think it would be worthwhile so let me know people im sill willing to work on it but i need some help guys

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

Is anyone using plex or is this a lost cause?

i thought there would have been alot of interest in this as it would transcode the media to the xbox automatically once the profile is completed.

if this is a lost cause what are people using in replacement of it, maybe i missed something better?

let me know guys really wana get this working, im fed up transcoding single files all the time

Kevin G.

Post by Kevin G. »

I use PLEX, pretty much exclusively, as XBMC on PC is very convoluted for me. There are so many tweaks and settings that I find it fatiguing. I like things to just work. and PLEX does. I have PLEX Server installed on my WHS 2011 box, and PHT on all my clients. (2 desktops and 2 laptops, as well as a Samsung SMART TV, 2 tablets and an android phone). I use PLEX to control playback on my Onkyo 818, via the Android App.
PLEX Server is seen by my Softmodded 1.4 box, natively, and plays music just fine as a Library location. Since it works, there is really no incentive to add the plugin for me.
That said, I really didn't understand Jan's instructions to install, so I have not messed with it.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

im not using the newer plugins jan created im using the plexbmc app although he may have created this one as well. anyways as for my app i just unpacked it, ftp'ed over to the plugins folder and set up the settings of the plugin on the xbox and we were up and running.

i know if you have plex running on the pc it can be picked up by xbmc on the xbox as a upnp source via tuxbox client. however this would realistically be no different than sharing via smb as it will only play media the xbox can handle.

using the plexbmc app this would be avoided as the media would be transcoded before reaching the xbox. all that is required is a completed profile (as plex never had an original xbox profile) i tried my hardest but just dont know whatelse is required for the profile or even where i could find the info for the xbox i would need to complete it myself)

however im confident if the profile were even to be completed the xbox should be able to play all your hd content etc

NinKenDo

Post by NinKenDo »

Hey sixties keith, I'm pretty inexperienced with this kind of thing, but if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
2 Bunny

For the record...

Post by 2 Bunny »

Just to clarify, did anyone figure out a way to get Plex to transcode HD video to an HD format that the Xbox will accept yet? I was reading a bit about the Plex transcoder and it is supposedly based on FFmpeg, which also just so happens to be one of the only ways (that I know of) to convert 720p video to play on the Xbox. This is the command that I use:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i "PATH TO FILE\source_video.mkv" -scodec copy -acodec copy -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 3000k -maxrate 5000k -bufsize 4096k -s 1280x720 -f matroska -y "PATH TO OUTPUT FILE\output_file_name.mkv"
Could this be adapted into the server application somehow to automatically use those settings when an Xbox requests a high definition TV show or movie?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

the plexbmc app works on xbox but as described in my op there wasent any profile ever created for it so just like windows smb it will only play files already compatible with the xbox,

i tried for ages to get a profile completed, i did manage to make one that was picked up when the xbox was used but simply couldnt find the information on bitrates and codecs to complete it and basically gave up as there wasent any interest in it, Hopefully someone will complete it as the transcoding is done on the computers end and nowadays computers are fairly decent spec.

Dawscaus

Post by Dawscaus »

I want to pick up this torch. Where should I begin.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

Have a look at the op mate, there's a link there that shows what i used to help make the profile. unfortunately i dont have the stuff anymore now im on a pc.

However i think its gona be nearly impossible without more information as mentioned alot of detailed information is required such as video codecs and bitrates used etc (you'll understand more once you look at the profile) unfortunately i just couldn't find this info anywhere.

As far as remember i think i got as far as the xbox picking up and using the newly created xbmc profile but without the info would only play media already compatible with the xbox