[SOLVED] video plugin screen problem/bug?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
captainsensation

[SOLVED] video plugin screen problem/bug?

Post by captainsensation »

Something different happened to my xbmc setup. I am using xbmc4xbox 3.5 beta 2. Normally when i view a video plugin after the video is done playing the screen returns to the same screen from which i selected the video to be played. However, now after playback the screen goes to the videos library screen. Any ideas or solutions?
Last edited by captainsensation on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
captainsensation

Re: video plugin screen problem/bug?

So i tried to use a backup version of xbmc that i have and it does the same thing. I cant wrap my head around this but it is very inconvenient. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

It's possible might be due to some configuration or maybe having some strange sources set as "default".

If it's that annoying you could export the library (if you haven't scraped it already to local files), install XBMc4Xbox fresh (don't copy anything from the old one(s)), then define the media sources again and import back your library.

Alternatively, if you want to pursue this further, enable DEBUG mode, run the plugin, confirm it came back to library, then upload the log to pastebin.com so we can see it (read this):
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65
captainsensation

Here is a log, in addition to my main problem there is something going on with the weather plugin and some memory leaks

http://pastebin.com/ruEj6kck

I tried using the latest build on the site and it freezes at the splash screen.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Ok, let's start...

You've got a broken Q:\UserData\advancedsettings.xml - if you post it on pastebin.com we can help you fix it.

Code: Select all

12:16:36 M: 54333440   ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 7
                                            Error reading end tag.
Logon through FTP (recommended FileZilla) and navigate to /Z/ - if it's not displayed, enter /Q/ then change manually in the address bar to /Z/ and press Enter.
See whether you can delete stuff (weather, temp) from in there and also try to create a directory or a file, then restart XBMC4Xbox and see if the errors go away. Might be a matter of free space.

12:16:41 M: 30830592   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating Z:\weather\
If you mean these lines, I'm not familiar with them they might be coming with recent version of XBMC4Xbox, I'll post them here maybe Buzz will get to review, if you are concerned with them and if the problem persists, feel free to log a ticket in the Development tab up at the top to get directly to Buzz. I'm not too concerned in your case because if you look at the M: (free memory) column it still has 17 MB RAM free.

12:31:38 M: 17776640   DEBUG: Q:\system\players\dvdplayer\full\avcodec-54.dll: Detected 24 unfreed critical sections
PS: You don't need to restart or shutdown to obtain the Q:\xbmc.log, you can just FTP download it at any time after you've replicated the issue you had to replicate.
captainsensation

I got rid of the advanced settings and then i went into filezilla and went into the x,y and z drives. Z was the only one with anything in it and i deleted everything. I watched a youtube video and the problem went away momentarily. I restarted my system and it appeared again. This time i went into unleashx and formatted x, y, and z and now the problem appears to be gone and my weather images have reappeared. I figured it was like you said, my temp drives were full and causing problems. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks Dan.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Good work! I forgot to mention to maybe have a look at those files in Z: drive for their name, size and maybe even dates to figure out what created them, cause I'm not sure whether XBMC4Xbox should clean Z: on it's own or each component should - ah well, next time.

PS: it is good pratice to update the post and thread "subject" to add "[SOLVED]" or similar, makes it easier for others to find the solution.