xbmc game tab

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
scroeffie

xbmc game tab

Post by scroeffie »

is it possible to at a game tab << not correct name
to the home screen like we have now pragrams video music fotos etc
is it possible to ad a game tab so its easyer for childeren they dont have to go in to pragrams than file games than they see the games
Geeba

Re: xbmc game tab

Post by Geeba »

Game link is in Programs.... add the file location to that and the games will all appear when programs/games is entered...
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

Geeba wrote:Game link is in Programs.... add the file location to that and the games will all appear when programs/games is entered...

i dont think you understand what iam telling
when you start xbmc your at the mane menu yess you have from top to buttom black tabs with
programs
videos
fotos
weather can we ad to this a game tab

so i dont want to select pragramms than file games than game type
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

I dont think there's a way to do that unless you have a different skin, you can look around for new skins that might have it or you can go to programs, go to wherever your game folder is and press the white button, then press add to favourites, then if you go back to your home screen and press the star icon near the bottom of the screen and then click on the folder and this should provide easier access to the games, but you can't actually get them as an selection on the main screen unless you look for other skins which do have it. Hope this helps.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@scroeffie
Geeba's suggestion is correct - go into Programs, use the "Add source" to create a "Games" source and point it to where you keep your games (e.g. F:\Games).
Then, "right click" the "Games" source (contextual menu) and choose "Make default". That will make it go directly into Games when you choose "Programs" from the top menu.

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Adding_Media_Sources
PS: All sources behave similarly like shortcuts to actual directories, this wiki page might give you that is just just for movies, it's not.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

As Dan said above this is the best way to go, and if you're keen to have "Games" shown instead of "Programs" you can still edit your skin and rename Programs into Games :)
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

To me, it sounds like OP is using PM3. If you're asking if there is an easy way to edit skins on the fly, the answer is no. Dan Dar3's suggestion and Awesomenurd's advice are the only way this is possible. Besides, it's what the rest of us do anyway.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Rapier Clarity Mod has the ability to add Plugin, Script and *Favorites* to the main menu and submenus. So, if you want literally anything in the main XBMC home UI, you just add it to your favorites and in turn add the favorite to the menu in Rapier Clarity Mod's UI.

Personally I encounter interface issues (blank screen while selecting favorite to add) but the functionality does still work.

Good luck, and with effort anything is possible! 8-)

-- edit:
In my case, this is how I link to CoinOPs from XBMC. It appears in with Videos, Music, Programs, *Custom Item*, System...

Sub-menus of the "built in" menu sections can each hold I think 7 customized links. The custom top-level menu items ones unfortunately don't have the sub-menu functionality, but it is still very nice.
byron

Post by byron »

@ fxmech...this is off topic as far as this tread (sort of), but this is the first I've known about the favourites being blank. Yes it's possible with Clarity to add pretty much any custom item to the homescreen (also main categories as well i.e. "GAMES" provided there is a mark in your fav's for the source). Btw the blank fav's is fixed and if you would please post bugs on my thread I will fix them asap (took all of two minutes) ;)

@ scroeffie...if you feel like trying a different skin look here as I've made it pretty easy to customize the home menu and sub menus...