LIVE US TV

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
korrupt323

LIVE US TV

Post by korrupt323 »

I had been using ustvnow but now for some reason it wont load anymore I have up'd my log to http://pastebin.ca/2409785. If someone doesnt mind to have a look. I would also like to get the input of the community if there is something better for live US tv. Mainly I was using ustvnow for the pbs channel for my kids was thinking of getting a full account to get more channels. cartoon network, animal planet etc. But Im still green at understanding how all this works. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: LIVE US TV

Post by BuZz »

it's possible the plugin no longer works, but from the log I can see you are using mplayer. I don't know if you did that on purpose or set some defaults to use mplayer, but dvdplayer should be used instead, as many streaming protocols are only supported by dvdplayer.
korrupt323

Post by korrupt323 »

@ BUZZ

I have tried both players think I set mplayer by mistake Thanks for having a look Ill grab another log with the dvdplayer

here is the new one http://pastebin.ca/2410058
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I dont have an account and am in UK so am unable to debug it. I asume you have checked your ustvnow user/pass is correct etc ? Maybe kozz can test it - it's possible the plugin will need some updating.
korrupt323

Post by korrupt323 »

@Buzz

Ya I tired with the account that is provided with ustvnow and a free one I created( Ill send you the un/pw if you want) both still have lil effect so I assume its the plugin.Thanks again for taking the time Buzz
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Happened to me too, solution is to create your own free account at ustvnow.com, enter your login user and password into the plugin settings, and remember to choose the OK button and not the B button on the gamepad, back out of the plugin to the list of all your installed plugins then try running it again.
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

Kozz wrote:Happened to me too, solution is to create your own free account at ustvnow.com, enter your login user and password into the plugin settings, and remember to choose the OK button and not the B button on the gamepad, back out of the plugin to the list of all your installed plugins then try running it again.
I created an account, i had no idea the addon existed. I am now watching jeopardy through my xbox. Thanks.
Last edited by captainsensation on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Cheers glad its working for you
korrupt323

Post by korrupt323 »

Thats what I thought at first too maybe just the preloaded account dropped. The debug I uploaded is using a new free account. Any ideas Kozz?
korrupt323

Post by korrupt323 »

I dont know what im doing wrong but its still not working for me I unisatalled it deleted plugin data in Q reinstalled and the new account. loaded and it still shows 27 channels none of which can be access including the free ones abc nbc pbs etc
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Hmmm I think whats happening for you is when you re-install from the addons installer, its putting the pre-loaded login back into your userdata settings. I think what I will do is remove the default login that is no longer working, it was provided by t0mm0 originally from the xbmchub version.

[EDIT] Ok I've removed the default login from the installed settings, Go ahead and clear the settings under your Userdata/plugin_data/ustvnow,
re-install from the addons4xbox installer, and enter your full email used to register the free account along with the password, it should now work if not it will simply script error without displaying a list of channels
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Ok I've updated the ustvnow plugin once again, It will now prompt users to go to ustvnow.com and create an account then enter the login details in the plugin settings. It will only display the prompt if the email field is either left blank or contains the old login that was set by default before it broke.

I might consider incorporating these type of helpful popups to more of our addons that have been adapted to work on xbox but still have some minor qwirks

Thanks for the feedback guys, you've made me introduce a new useful feature to this and future addons that might help other users

Enjoy
korrupt323

Post by korrupt323 »

Kozz,

Thanks for looking into this, but still not working for me. Now instead of the full 27 list Im getting nothing after goto ustvnow>live. This is what I have done unistalled ustvnow, deleted userdata>plugins data>ustvnow, reinstalled via addon installer, reset ustvnow password on website, added un/pw to ustvnow plugins settings. would a debug log help unsure since is not error out?
korrupt323

Post by korrupt323 »

@Kozz

Once again thx for your help. Please disregard last post. Its running now.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

if you guys are insterested in live tv in the us, go into your xbmc4xbox go to navix script and under navix portals then where it says search navix then tv and movies others go in to apps and navix plugins download the lastest version for xbox, once you install go into videos and into navix and go 24hour lastest releases the section where before you enter navix portal it also has new this week i think it says 7 days ago and 24 hours and 2 weeks ago or something well anyways go into 24 hours you can find a tv channel live and has all usa channels it also has live tv shows like cops tom and jerry sienfeld, vh1 everything says portgual turkey or mexico but its in english 80% of the time, well send to your favoriates and when you wanna watch just go to it and it will load fast
NOTE navix script does not work that well on xbox anymore but with updates the plugin runs as great
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Nice korrupt , glad you got it sorted I was beginning to think there was some new site changes for the way it authenticates users. was probably just the old login cached or still in the userdata/plugin_data

Yeah navi-x has some good content as long as your willing to dig for it, good tip on adding items to Favs its something I still seem to forget about when I find sections of content I like
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

does recording still work?

add ons page says yes but script errors when i try navigate the recordings folder. i have one recorded show from the ustvnow site as a test and i have 4 hours space from referral program (build is from sep 2013)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=79922

*****still works on an older install of xbmc (jans prepackage) i think it was xbmc4xbox 3.2 and the latest version of ustvnow. so im guessing its just changes in xbmc not the plugin/addon. ill try a nightly and see what happens. (jans build log of it working (judge judy was the first show on the list lol i dont watch it ha!) http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=79936 ) build is from sep 2012.

nightly 32586: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=79953 addon dies.

as long as it works on the old build for now i(i mean wifey) dont mind.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Looks to me like a simple import error caused by not including the " requires module t0mm0 common" to its xml. So when it installs from xbmc4xbox installer this module is getting skipped. Let me have a look and fix it in the repo.
Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention and including a log.

*** Ok I've added the required module to the xml now, feel free to try in on any of the latest builds :)
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

i apologize, i dont know if you have yet, but i havent had time to test this yet.

but i had a question, how hard would it be to change the plugin to cache the stream like other streaming add-ons, at points when my connection is weak i am getting audio but the video freezes until it catches up, i just wish it would pause and buffer like other streaming sites, im wondering if this is a feature of ustvnow or something that can be changed with some code?

i am not a programmer but i will try to dissect the files for any changeable settings.

my wifes favourite plugin she missed 10 years of us tv and as soon as she discovered this plugin its been used daily for months, for her and the kids. so thanks for making it work.
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

downloaded the fixed version of the plugin from xbmc4xbox add ons and i no longer get the annoying script failed error for recordings. I have scheduled some recordings and i will post back here if it works for me. Sucks that i got cable last month and now this is working but oh well. :)