Scraper Issues

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
roboamiga

Re: Scraper Issues

Post by roboamiga »

Thanks for the tip toocko. Have used .tbn files before when adding icons for emulators but never thought to use them for films.
True it would be better to have the full scraped movie info, but at least having artwork stops things looking quite so ugly when we have a movie night with friends.
Maza

Post by Maza »

I took some time to look into the response buzz gave see http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/issues/254, but I still haven't figured this out yet so it will take a little more time.
Xbox 1.4, softmod, 250 GB HDD, Monster Gamelink 400 X Component Video & Monster LightWave 100 X, silent fan mod, Confluence Lite 720p
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

i will probably get around to sorting it, I just have other things going on right now. and xbmc4xbox doesn't pay my mortgage :)
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Sorry I didn't have time to look at it either, I'm quite swamped myself (looking to change jobs, interviews, work), mad...
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

im still having issues with my xbox . has a fix been released for this issue

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
foresto

Post by foresto »

In addition to the themoviedb.com api problem, I'm no longer getting movie images when I use the imdb.com scraper. Anyone else?
foresto

Post by foresto »

Confirmed: Thumbnail retrieval is broken in the imdb and movieposterdb scrapers.

Bug report here: http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/issues/258

I fixed the problems, too. See the bug report for a patch and fixed scraper files.
roboamiga

Post by roboamiga »

foresto wrote:Confirmed: Thumbnail retrieval is broken in the imdb and movieposterdb scrapers.

Bug report here: http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/issues/258

I fixed the problems, too. See the bug report for a patch and fixed scraper files.
Excellent! If this gets imdb scraping properly again then it will work for me as a replacement for moviedb scraping for now :)
Going to try your patch shortly and will report back on how it works out.
foresto

Post by foresto »

Cool. I was working on this late into the night. Knowing that it helps others will make me feel better about all the time I spent on it.
roboamiga

Post by roboamiga »

Well I have just tried your fix foresto and can confirm IMDB is scraping sucessfully as I type :D
Thanks again, Its great to have this function working once more as we have a couple of xboxes in our front room and around the house all used as networked media centres as well as for emulators etc.
Im suprised nobody else has commented on this yet but im sure there will be lots of grateful people!
Xzawier1777

Post by Xzawier1777 »

OK this is working just fine here too !!
Even for TV Shows !

Thank you a lot, you saved the old Lady again !!!
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

It's working for the movies posters but it doesn't fix the fanarts I think :) Hopefully this will be fixed with the next XBMC version. (for music scrapers as well)
bsell1

Post by bsell1 »

I know this is probably stupid, but how exactly do I apply this patch?
foresto

Post by foresto »

AwesomeNurd wrote:It's working for the movies posters but it doesn't fix the fanarts I think :) Hopefully this will be fixed with the next XBMC version. (for music scrapers as well)
As far as I know, imdb doesn't offer any fan art.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Yes you are right, I used themoviedb in the past to get the fanart images :)

The TVDB is working without any issue to get the TV Shows poster/banners and fanart :)
foresto

Post by foresto »

bsell1 wrote:I know this is probably stupid, but how exactly do I apply this patch?
If you're not working with the source code, it will be easier for you to download the three already-patched files from my bug report and use them to replace the corresponding files in your xbmc installation. I did this via ftp.
bsell1

Post by bsell1 »

foresto wrote:
bsell1 wrote:I know this is probably stupid, but how exactly do I apply this patch?
If you're not working with the source code, it will be easier for you to download the three already-patched files from my bug report and use them to replace the corresponding files in your xbmc installation. I did this via ftp.

Ok, so just take the 3 xml files and put them in the appropriate places, and just ignore the patch file?
foresto

Post by foresto »

Exactly.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Thanks for the patches. I hope to find some time in the next week to not only look at and apply them but to fix the tmdb scraper up.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

cheers for the patch mate. imdb scraping all my film covers again. awesome work

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.