FIRST VIRUS HITS XBMC USERS

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
HimitsuHimitsu

Re: FIRST VIRUS HITS XBMC USERS

Post by HimitsuHimitsu »

I have been an XBMC user since it's inception years ago on my original XBOX.
The biggest thing about XBMC has always been the fact that it was Open Source and 100% Free, and without Advert.
The sudden addition of advertisements is IMO the tell tale signs of the beginnings of a closed system, and I do not agree with it.

I can't believe everytime I have started XBMC to watch a Movie or a show in the last week I've had to hear some BS about Mikey1234, or about repos being deleted. The entire thing is fing ridiculous. The entire lot of you need to grow the f up.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

For anyone interested who wants to hear exactly what's been going on behind the scenes - I've decided to be completely open and frank about the whole grisly episode:
http://www.xbmctalk.com/showthread.php? ... LEASE-READ
xman

Post by xman »

Mr Data, is that an ad on your XBMC machine?.

We hate ads, We hate ads, We hate ads. We're going to keep headbang till the ads are gone.

What have they done to my XBMC?.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

:lol: :lol:
VanZan

Post by VanZan »

whufclee wrote:For anyone interested who wants to hear exactly what's been going on behind the scenes - I've decided to be completely open and frank about the whole grisly episode:
http://www.xbmctalk.com/showthread.php? ... LEASE-READ
Lee something on my machine is preventing me from using the GA Checker. Would you like to be open and frank about it please?
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

I don't know mate, GA has been taken out of most addons so maybe that's it? I would suggest asking on the correct forum though. That is a hub addon so they will be able to help you out the best.
VanZan

Post by VanZan »

Yeah I was talking out of my arse mate. Lost the plot there for a few days with lots of irate posting. Mikey banned me from xbmctalk. To be honest I always thought the Mashup addon was an oversized piece of crap so I'm not bothered about that. Also 90% of Mikey's addons are in fact rubbish. But there's one addon...just one that I love. If the website changes and the addon gets borked then I'm shagged.

To combat this I started learning Python over at codeacademy.com. I got to 40% and got up the next day but the first bit was "Functions" and just couldn't get back into it so maybe it'll come back to me. Good win today whuf eh? Apparently we were rubbish though!
4gladstone

Post by 4gladstone »

How can I re install offsidestreams on Apple TV 2 .lost due to re install xmbchub.not happy as I pay for it...many thanks
trogggy

Post by trogggy »

adbusters

Post by adbusters »

removed
arnesr

Post by arnesr »

What happened to the XBMCtalk.com forum? Looking for whufclee's RPI guides. Thnx
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

We re-branded and moved to xunitytalk.com. You can also find the guides by looking on my youtube channel. If you want the latest updates then subscribe to the channel and also my twitter if you're really bored! ;)