Can anybody mod my Xbox cheaply near Derby?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
L33

Can anybody mod my Xbox cheaply near Derby?

Post by L33 »

Firstly, Hi everybody. I am new here. I actually came across this forum searching Google for the term "original xbox modding in Derby". It came up with a thread on this forum and some posts by a guy called Evan Allmighty based in derby...

I have a xbox but I want it modded, I really only mostly want the mod so that I can run it through a HD component cable and get the full effects of the HD cable like with a USA Xbox as I know the HD video settings are disabled on the PAL Xbox. As an after thought it would be nice if I could play SNES, NES, Meagadrive and Master system games on her too but I just want to keep my original hard drive and stuff. I just really want a cheap mod doing local so I don't have to pay postage and stuff.

So is there anybody close to me at DE56 2AG (Heage, Belper) who can do the mod cheap? I have been quoted buying a modded xbox for £55 posted or he could mod my xbox but he said once posted there and back it would be no cheaper!

I managed to softmod my old PS2 but I don't have a clue when it comes to the Xbox...

Ta, Lee.
L33

Re: Can anybody mod my Xbox cheaply near Derby?

Post by L33 »

Or if somebody can point me in the direction of a Newb friendly guide on how to softmod a Xbox to do what i want (Please see first post) that doesn't require any soldering (Not that I can't solder, I have a Iron and used to work for an electronics firm, I just can't be bothered and don't wanna break my Xbox!) or doesn't require me to open the xbox then that would be great...

I have seen these kits on ebay and am thinking of buying one>>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-NOT-360- ... true&rt=nc

It has actually ended now I see but I could always message the seller. Obviously I don't need the pad but just wondered if it was worth it or I could do it cheaper myself. I don't have Agent under fire although I do have a fair few original Xbox games and if it is a old game you need I have Evil dead fistful of boomstick and Predator concrete jungle and Halo all of which I would consider old games...

Any help here would be great anyways guys, even if it is just a link to a easy to understand guide as I am struggling.

Thanks, Lee.
L33

Post by L33 »

Forget it lol.

I found a kit with very handy instructions and everything I think I will need to do it myself for a tenner.

Thanks again for all your help, you are a really helpful and welcoming community and I shall come here in the future for all my Xbox modding needs :roll:
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Wow give us some time to read the post mate!

It's a Saturday, most people are out having fun. I was going to give you a proper write up of how to do it but if that's your attitude then good luck with your kit. It's an active forum but not so active that you can expect an immediate reply! All good things come to those that wait. If you get stuck I have a some youtube guides that might help, they are outdated but still relevant. Be careful when softmodding if you don't do all your homework it's very easy to brick the xbox.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

im here in nottingham..pm me if intrested mate
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Wow, this guy has the patience of .5 year old :roll:, do you yell at your mom if milk and cookies arent on time every day? Milk and cookies does sound good BTW..............
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Hopefully the user will have more patience when it comes to doing research on how to softmod, if not I see a post coming this way in the near future... "I have a green error screen with a load of funny writing on it..." ;)

No offense L33 I'm sure you were just having a particularly bad day. The help is here if you need it.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

whufclee

Post by whufclee »

lol that's brilliant where did you manage to find that old relic of a guide? I love it, I'm going to bookmark that one :D
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

i WOULD of done it for FREE
but you know with both my kids being in hospital, one of which had a 3.5 hour op on his hand so i was unable to replay in the time you thought you deserved an answer in and then decided to gob off at the people you were seeking help off.
so for this reason my reply is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU COCK

all the best

paul