Fatal Error on startup after install

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
XtremeRafi

Fatal Error on startup after install

Post by XtremeRafi »

Hey,
I have just installed XBMC 3.3 through a Softmod One Click Install on my old Xbox, but when booting it always says XBMC Fatal Error
error loading keymaps from special://xbmc/system/keymap.xml. Does anybode know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance
XtremeRafi
Dan Dar3

Re: Fatal Error on startup after install

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Use Error Recovery mode to look at Q:\system\keymap.xml and replace it if needed.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Error_Recovery_Mode
XtremeRafi

Post by XtremeRafi »

But what could have gone wrong while installing?
I can't get into Error Recovery Mode either. it justs says "key code detected for Error Recovery Mode" than it says IP and port and press any button to reboot.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

That is recovery mode, it gives you the opportunity to ftp into the xbox and fix any errors. If you do as Dan suggests and copy the file over to replace your existing one in your userdata folder it should fix your problem. As for what went wrong I really don't know, sounds as though you may have a corrupt keymap file? What softmod installer disc are you using?
XtremeRafi

Post by XtremeRafi »

whufclee wrote:That is recovery mode, it gives you the opportunity to ftp into the xbox and fix any errors. If you do as Dan suggests and copy the file over to replace your existing one in your userdata folder it should fix your problem. As for what went wrong I really don't know, sounds as though you may have a corrupt keymap file? What softmod installer disc are you using?
I've apparently fixed the keymap error now. But now i can't figure out how to solves this error : "No suitable skin version found We require at least version 2.1000" I've put a recent PRoject Mayhem in both E and Q skin folder, but the error keeps appearing.
I'm sorry for asking so much, but I'm new to this whole thing.
spinnersp

Post by spinnersp »

Hold down both thumbsticks (clicked) when launching or booting XBMC. This will cause a screen to pop up asking you if you want to reset your settings (including the active skin) to the system defaults. c/p from the wiki
XtremeRafi

Post by XtremeRafi »

spinnersp wrote:Hold down both thumbsticks (clicked) when launching or booting XBMC. This will cause a screen to pop up asking you if you want to reset your settings (including the active skin) to the system defaults. c/p from the wiki
That works, I guess I should have checked the wiki before asking.
Thanks everybody for the quick help!
bladebaka

Post by bladebaka »

I would like to start off by profusely apologizing for being a necromancer.

Secondly, I just got this error. I FTP'd into the xbox and discovered that the system folder in XBMC had no contents, and I cannot transfer files into the xbox without it hiccuping for ages and eventually just disconnecting.

Has my box died? :(

Edit: Got a backup copy working. Buuuut my F:/ drive is gone. What do I do?