PS3 Emulators?

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
Geeba

PS3 Emulators?

Post by Geeba »

Is this still vaporware?

I've looked at this but I dont really believe its real...

http://hackingnation.org/category/ps3/

Just curious.... I'm tempted to buy one as I wanted to play 'The last of us'

http://www.gametrailers.com/games/ag45bq/the-last-of-us
professor_jonny

Re: PS3 Emulators?

Post by professor_jonny »

Current hardware is not really fast enough to emulate current gen game consoles, and because the complexicity of the custom chips it will probally never happen as heaps of reverse engineering nees to be done to figure out how they work to emulate them.

with all the likes of the amiga used custom chips but were simple in design and they functions and details were made publicand also were avaiklable to peek and poke from the os and made reverse engineering easy.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Bought one.... I'll play the game I want to play then it will be eBay for it!

Hopefully should be there when I get home.... just need to get shot of the Mrs for a few hours! :D
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Well PS3.... not bad... I've always been an Xbox man.... its the latest 'slim' design, so feels a little bit cheap, but I guess thats Sony getting the last out of the console before the PS4 turns up....

I played 2hrs of 'The Last Of Us' (the game I bought the console for) - the game is truely EPIC! - great graphics.... great story (so far) pretty impressive :D

I've been reading alot about upgrading the HDD with SSD.... seems to help performance, I have noticed that load times for the HDD/BR drives is pretty slow... not like the old Xbox where you can load the games to HDD for increased performance unfortunately :(
Kinstinct2

Post by Kinstinct2 »

SSD hard drives are not worth the expense and probably won't work properly on all ps3s. As some older models have problems with sata 2 hard drives that don't have legacy mode for sata 1/1.5.

The Bluray drive was trojan horse in hd war format. Its only 1-2 speed too slow to be relied on in gaming that is why nearly all games with alot of data have mandatory install. 360 is 12x speed DVD drive is fast enough to use from disc for games but also noisy.

Haven't got round to check out the Last of Us, GTAV, TMNT and Duck tales keeping me busy. Looking forward to Beyond 2 Souls, and before anyone says tmnt is not out yet on ps3, I'm playing it on 360.

Also stick to retail games, digital games (looks at GTAV for both systems) are buggy as hell installation and game play.

If you get the Ps4 you can still enjoy the features of 360 of loading game to hdd and faster disc drive