(SKIN) Confluence Lite Honey (UPDATE 2) *01/06/2014* (MOD)

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
chunk1982

(SKIN) Confluence Lite Honey (UPDATE 2) *01/06/2014* (MOD)

Post by chunk1982 »

Before we go any further i would just like to say that i am in no way at ALL any type of skinner/coder, i bug people via pm asking questions that must annoy the shit out of them (i am so so sorry :( ) and then i mess lol that is all.
with that being said this is my take on confluence lite which iv dubbed Confluence Lite Honey as iv sweetened it up a little

what iv done....
*Edit the Textures.xpr to be a darkish green
*Changed the hex code for blue in the colors default.xml to become darkish green
*Repositioned several home screen items, including lowered menu bar
*Downloaded a wallpaper off Google
*Added the showcase view
*Added fanart support for games (many thanks to notthesame) to use this you must create a folder or your E: or F: ( i use F: ) called Fanart (F not f) and copy your fanart.jpgs there BUT THEY MUST BE NAMED THE SAME AS YOUR GAMES.
if you are sure you have the fanarts named correctly and they are in the correct place but do not show, try highlighting a game and press the white button then click edit xbe title, remove any symbols (: ; _ -) or shorten name if its huge like The King of Fighters Maximum Impact Maniax. rename fanart to match edited title (case sensative) and it should then work
*Added Radio 105 tv to home menu. Radio 105 Network is an Italian private radio station, owned by Gruppo Finelco S.p.A., who also owns Virgin Radio Italia and Radio Monte Carlo. It was founded on 1976 as Radio Studio 105. The headquarters are in Milan, with a sales office in Miami, Florida, USA. The radio station is famous in Italy for "Lo Zoo di 105", the most listened radio program in Italy.

Credits and Thanks!!
i would like to personally thank the following people
buzz for the outstanding dedication he shows as he continues to support the Xbox
Jezz_X for the skin of course
Byron for pointing me in the right direction about color themes AND XPR Express for working with Textures.xpr
xbs for his port AND for ALL his help and explaining AND putting up with all the pm's iv sent him
Davpow for enlightening me with photoshop AND for explaining about the color hex codes
toiva from xbmc.org for telling me how to move the home addon shortcuts
spongy for telling me about the home "now playing info"
NOTTHESAME for sharing the code to enable fanart for games see this thread... http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =15&t=1477
mudislander for letting me use his Radio 105 code

Screenshots!!!

So that's about it, let me know what you think

DOWNLOAD LINK...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ulgse ... +Honey.rar

CHANGELOG:
Honey Final UPDATE 2...
Added Radio 105 network tv to home menu

Honey Final UPDATE 1... (HOPEFULLY LAST UPDATE!!!)
fixed music home addon shortcut onup function to select recently added music

Honey Final...
changed the up/down functions of some of the home menu items for when addon shortcuts are enabled (finally after spending a little over 13 hours in the last 2 and a half days iv done it yaaaaay for me ;) )
added fanart support for games (again thanks to notthesame for this) to use this you must create a folder or your E: or F: (i use F: ) called Fanart (F not f) and copy your fanart.jpgs there, BUT THEY MUST BE NAMED THE SAME AS YOUR GAMES

Honey RC1...
changed name to honey as its been sweetened my me
fixed fall back fanart not showing in library

v1.6...
fixed music showcase view

v.15...
added showcase view to movie library and landscape to tv shows (part of the same view)
changed the logo again as i deleted my original textures.xpr like a knob head

v1.4...
repositioned "currently playing info" for both music and video again as well as repositioning the home addon shortcuts again to fix overlapping when you had 5 addon shortcuts and currently playing info enabled

v1.3...
repositioned "now playing info" for both music and video on the home screen

v1.2...
changed the confluence logo for a text xbmc4xbox logo with the same font to match the website
repositioned the home currently playing controls

v1.1...
repositioned the Home Addon shortcuts

v1.0...
initial release
lowered home menu bar

all the best

paul
Last edited by chunk1982 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:30 am, edited 47 times in total.
DavPow

Re: (WIP) Confluence Lite D.G.E (MOD)

Post by DavPow »

Looks pretty good!

Also, those 'HOME SCREEN PLUGIN SHORTCUTS THINGS', I guess you mean this? :

It works fine for me, not too sure if that is what you are talking about.
Xlink Kai: DavPow
V1.0, Crystal case, OpenXenium + iND BIOS 5003, 1TB HDD (WD WD10EZEX), XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3, XBMC4Gamers
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

No I mean you can add a shortcut to a plugin, for example I have installed youtube, then under skin settings I can add a shortcut for it so that it shows on the home screen with an icon, normally under the main menu bar.

All the best

Paul
xbs

Post by xbs »

Looks very cool :)
Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/
chunk1982

Re: (WIP) Confluence Lite D.G.E (MOD) (UPDATED v1.4)

Post by chunk1982 »

update in the 1st post hope you enjoy

all the best

paul
chunk1982

Re: (WIP) Confluence Lite D.G.E (MOD) (UPDATED v1.4)

Post by chunk1982 »

Sorry about so many updates but I change something then that causes problems I have to fix.
Like I said though im no skinner or coder in any way

All the best

Paul
chunk1982

Re: (WIP) Confluence Lite D.G.E (MOD) (UPDATED v1.5)

Post by chunk1982 »

update in the 1st post along with change log and new screenshots

enjoy

all the best

paul
chunk1982

Re: (WIP) Confluence Lite Honey (RC1) (MOD) (FORMALLY D.G.E)

Post by chunk1982 »

update and change log in the 1st post

enjoy
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

thanks so much for this. Initially i was against this as i dont like a lot of Green colors but i understand folks like it because its the Xbox after all. However i see you have put a lot of work into it and it has come along nicely. I have a slightly off topic question. What happened to having TV SHOWS in the menu selection. I see videos movies music etc. Just wondering if someone could fill me in.
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

Mmmm I have tv shows everywhere I should I think, have your tv shows been added to the library? also make sure in skin settings it not hidden, if its greyed out your tv shows have not been scanned to a library. Could you take a screenshot to show me if possible please?
Thank you so so much for your kind words. I dont feel iv done that much but I can truthfully say iv spent every spare minute of my days (probably around 15hours) trying to learn and understand the code, iv not really done much like this before I did try helping madmax a few years ago by adding views and stuff but it was hard and id just had a baby so I gave up very quickly lol.
My 1st time round changing the color of the textures ended up pretty much the same color as davpows green mod so I had to change to a dark green (this gutted me soooooo much as I tsoped my xbox and my xbox logo and text boot screen is bright light green again pretty much the same color as davpows)
All iv left to do is change the up and down functions so that you press up to select the addon shortcuts when enabled, this is proving to be the hardest part yet for me!

Thank you again and all the best

Paul
Last edited by chunk1982 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

chunk1982 wrote:Mmmm I have tv shows everywhere I should I think, have your tv shows been added to the library? also make sure in skin settings it not hidden, if its greyed out your tv shows have not been scanned to a library. Could you take a screenshot to show me if possible please?
Thank you so so much for your kind words. I dont feel iv done that much but I can truthfully say iv spent every spare minute of my days (probably around 15hours) trying to learn and understand the code, iv not really done much like this before I did try helping madmax a few years ago by adding views and stuff but it was hard and id just had a baby so I gave up very quickly lol.
My 1st time round changing the color of the textures ended up pretty much the same color as davpows green mod so I had to change to a dark green (this gutted me soooooo much as I tsoped my xbox and my xbox logo and text boot screen is bright light green again pretty much the same color as davpows)
All iv left to do is change the up and down functions so that you press up to select the addon shortcuts when enabled, this is proving to be the hardest part yet for me!

Thank you again and all the best

Paul
Yeah, the tv shows were greyed out and none of the scrapers seemed to be picking them up on my end. I found one that worked and the tv shows menu appeared again. Thank you for that. I didnt have the problem in 3.2.1 so i wasnt sure what happened exactly. I will try your skin soon.
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

Glad you got it sorted buddy and enjoy
chunk1982

Re: (SKIN) Confluence Lite Honey (FINAL!!) (MOD)

Post by chunk1982 »

FINAL release in the 1st post people enjoy
chunk1982

Re: (SKIN) Confluence Lite Honey (FINAL!! UPDATE 1!!) (MOD)

Post by chunk1982 »

FINAL!! UPDATE 1 and change log in the 1st post, sorry about that hope you enjoy

all the best

paul
Maza

Post by Maza »

I love your skin chunk1982, but I'm only missing one feature the implementation of the home theater experience script in the movie library, that would make this skin complete.
Xbox 1.4, softmod, 250 GB HDD, Monster Gamelink 400 X Component Video & Monster LightWave 100 X, silent fan mod, Confluence Lite 720p
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

I will take a look but I cant promise anything at all lol
It probably wont be for a while as my 11 month old little boy will be having his 1st operation on October 10th so we getting everything ready for that as I also have a 5yr old daughter. Even after that he will have pins and be bandaged for about 6 weeks

All the best

Paul
Maza

Post by Maza »

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the little man will be ok, as for the skin I will figure it out myself you just take care of your family mate.
Xbox 1.4, softmod, 250 GB HDD, Monster Gamelink 400 X Component Video & Monster LightWave 100 X, silent fan mod, Confluence Lite 720p
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

good job, i like it fast and easy
chunk1982

Re: (SKIN) Confluence Lite Honey (UPDATE COMING SOON) (MOD)

Post by chunk1982 »

Little update in the 1st post enjoy

All the best

Paul
NOTTHESAME

Re: (SKIN) Confluence Lite Honey (UPDATE 2) *01/06/2014* (MO

Post by NOTTHESAME »

thanks just another good thing happening on xbox :)