[Announcement: VideoBull-1.0.0 NOW on fusion !!

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
Kozz

[Announcement: VideoBull-1.0.0 NOW on fusion !!

Post by Kozz »

Just a quick post here to let any mainbranch xbmc (Frodo +) users know that I've now spoken to our friends on the xbmchub.com site/forum and umOuch has added my mainbranch xbmc repo containing my latest update of the VideoBull addon to their fusion installer.

If you use main xbmc on your devices I highly recommend using the fusion installer to get all the best repositories into xbmc very easily.

Details here http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/04/24/ ... -for-xbmc/

Once you have the fusion setup on xbmc you can add my repository from \Video\repositories\videobull_repository.kozz-2.0.8.zip

Then go back to, Addons > Get Addons and you will see Kozz Addons, from there simply choose Kozz Addons > Video Addons and you will see VideoBull, choose it then press install.

If you get a blank listing inside Kozz Addons, go to the page that says Kozz Addons and also has xbmc.org addons and any other repos you have added, right-click and choose "Force Refresh", then look in Kozz Addons and the list will be there

I hope to edit this post soon and include better instructions along with images, or maybe even a video guide for those who need it

Enjoy,
Smiff

Re: [Announcement: VideoBull-1.0.0 NOW on fusion !!

Post by Smiff »

no feedback?
this is really really good. one of the best video streaming plugins i've seen. fast, stable, and adds restart points automatically. superb! thanks.

i got it from the Addons4Xbox installer.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Thanks for the feedback, whufclee has also given some positive words on it over on my thread at xbmchub. Glad people are getting to enjoy it on the xbox too.

I finally got around to tiding up most of the code, originally was about 640 lines of code, and now I've managed to ditch the 26 separate functions for the way it used to list the A-Z listings, also I fixed up the show title that displays in the playing bar of xbmc. The old method was trying to cache the title when your on the source selection menu then try to re fetch it from cache before playback starts/ and this was causing the urlresolver ro take a longer time than usual to begin playback.

Well I hope it still works great for you guys on abox as I have only test ran the updated version on Frodo

Enjoy version 1.0.2 .... Im about to commit it to the addons4xbox installer repo for the rest of you to enjoy

Cheers
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

102 on X4X 3.3

Titles in the A-Z do not load properly:

A
A
A
A
A

video streams do not start

Code: Select all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11:37:51 M: 21508096  NOTICE: Attempting to retreive meta data for tvshow:
11:37:51 M: 21508096  NOTICE: Looking up in local cache by name for: tvshow
11:37:51 M: 21508096  NOTICE: SQL Select: SELECT a.*, CASE WHEN b.episode ISNULL THEN 0 ELSE b.episode END AS episode, CASE WHEN c.playcount ISNULL THEN 0 ELSE c.playcount END as playcount FROM tvshow_meta a LEFT JOIN (SELECT imdb_id, count(imdb_id) AS episode FROM episode_meta GROUP BY imdb_id) b ON a.imdb_id = b.imdb_id LEFT JOIN (SELECT imdb_id, count(imdb_id) AS playcount FROM episode_meta WHERE overlay=7 GROUP BY imdb_id) c ON a.imdb_id = c.imdb_id WHERE a.title = ''
11:37:51 M: 21499904  NOTICE: Found meta information by name in cache table:
11:37:51 M: 21479424   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.TypeError
11:37:51 M: 21479424   ERROR: Error Contents: iteration over non-sequence
11:37:51 M: 21479424   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "Q:\plugins\video\VideoBull\default.py", line 401, in ?
                                                PLAYLINKS(url,name,iconImg)
                                              File "Q:\plugins\video\VideoBull\default.py", line 306, in PLAYLINKS
                                                cover = __metaget__.get_meta('tvshow', artname, overlay=6)
                                              File "Q:\scripts\.modules\script.module.metahandler\lib\metahandler\metahandlers.py", line 634, in get_meta
                                                meta = self._cache_lookup_by_name(type, name, year)
                                              File "Q:\scripts\.modules\script.module.metahandler\lib\metahandler\metahandlers.py", line 829, in _cache_lookup_by_name
                                                print 'Found meta information by name in cache table: ', dict(matchedrow)
                                            TypeError: iteration over non-sequence
11:37:51 M: 28381184   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://video/VideoBull/?url=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5wdXRsb2NrZXIuY29tL2ZpbGUvMzBGNjg1OTBBQUFCMDVDMg%3D%3D&mode=5&name=Play+on+putlocker.com
11:37:51 M: 28381184   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://video/VideoBull/?url=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5wdXRsb2NrZXIuY29tL2ZpbGUvMzBGNjg1OTBBQUFCMDVDMg%3D%3D&mode=5&name=Play+on+putlocker.com) failed

please revert to 1.0.1 ? sorry.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Arrr nuts, your issue is because the Metadata is enabled in the plugin settings, it should be off by default on the xbox, I might have merged the settings.xml with the one on my Frodo repo. Can you try turning it off and see what happens?

I have to run out the door to work, I'm going to revert to the previous default.py for now, I'll post back here once its sorted
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

it seemed to be off, but yes after going to settings and OK (not changing anything), it now loads videos ok. defaults not set properly?

edit: sorry no, 102 doesn't work. not sure why it worked once, doesn't any more. weird. crashes like that when loading streams.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Ahhh yes its because there must still be a setting.xml inside your Q:\user_data\plugin_data folder , try deleting anything you find in there
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Version -1.1.0 is out, many code changes, Most notable feature is the next page button in the Latest TV Show feed section

Details can be seen here http://code.google.com/p/kozz-addons/