[SUPPORT] XBMC4Xbox Installer - program plugin

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
kitana

Re: XBMC SVN Installer - program plugin

Post by kitana »

Dan Dar3 wrote:@kitana
The log indicates you have an incomplete plugin:
It worked fine after replacing the missing files. Not sure why the same missing files occurred twice on two separate Xbox.
EDgeofNJ

Post by EDgeofNJ »

@Dan Dar3, not sure if it's just me, but since v3.2.1, the plugin lists some of the builds with a color tag and cuts off some of the name. I've tried different skins, different fonts, reinstalling plugin - all with same results. BTW, the version number in the plugin settings hasn't seemed to change since 1.8b3. Thanks.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@EDgeofNJ
I just tried it to install 3.3 beta the other day, haven't noticed. I will try again with 3.2.1, but maybe you can send me a screenshot to dan.dar33 at gmail.com please, or come on TeamSpeak server tonight and we can talk about it.

The version thing is a know issue - it's a static label in the settings file and it doesn't change the display when installing a new version. To get the new version you go into settings, choose defaults and that should reset it to the correct value, but you'll loose the path so you'll have to assign that again. I'll see if I can correct it somehow...
EDgeofNJ

Post by EDgeofNJ »

Dan Dar3 wrote:@EDgeofNJ
I just tried it to install 3.3 beta the other day, haven't noticed. I will try again with 3.2.1, but maybe you can send me a screenshot to dan.dar33 at gmail.com please, or come on TeamSpeak server tonight and we can talk about it.

The version thing is a know issue - it's a static label in the settings file and it doesn't change the display when installing a new version. To get the new version you go into settings, choose defaults and that should reset it to the correct value, but you'll loose the path so you'll have to assign that again. I'll see if I can correct it somehow...
Apologies, to be clear, it worked fine in 3.2.1. I have noticed the issue starting with 3.3b1. I did not install any builds in between so I am not sure when it would have cropped up. Attached is a screenshot of what I mean.

I reset the settings as you said and the version corrected itself - thanks!
screenshot.jpg
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

I don't know what to say, I've tested it again and it worked ok for me - what you can try is to download it again (using SVN Repo Installer, from xbmc4xbox-addons repository), no need to uninstall, just choose install again.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Is there a way to offer this in the Addons4Xbox Installer plugin?

Thanks.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@fxmech
I'll see if I can write a repository descriptor for Addons4Xbox Installer and talk to the relevant people to add it in, thanks.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Dan Dar3 wrote:@fxmech
I'll see if I can write a repository descriptor for Addons4Xbox Installer and talk to the relevant people to add it in, thanks.
Thanks Dan. It is also of interest to me for all the other [working] scripts in the SVN Repo Installer to be translated over so they are included in the Scripts section of Addons4Xbox Installer. Right now we only have Navi-X ported over.

I realize this is monotonous work, but intend to throw some time into learning the mechanics of the installers/plugins/scripts so I can help bang out fixes as needed in the future. Need more time and less to do with it lately; but my intentions are certainly there. People I set up with modded boxes need to be more self-sufficient, and the XBMC SVN Installer is the best tool for making my life easier.

The next Script I'd like to see ported to the A4X Installer is the Forum Browser script.

Again, appreciate your continued work and will be getting the paid X4X Remote software soon to show my gratitude. 8-)
Dan Dar3

Re: XBMC4Xbox Installer - program plugin

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Plugin renamed from "XBMC SVN Installer" to "XBMC4Xbox Installer" - hopefully less confusing now.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@fxmech
Kozz added the plugin to "Addons4Xbox Installer", see "Addon Status" page (up at the top). It's still named XBMC SVN Installer, Kozz is a bit busy at the moment, might take a while to have it renamed in there.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/addons/
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

@Dan Dar

I just assumed you had commit access already, I attempted to correct your plugins but for some reason my local checkout does have the correct icon.png and default.tbn, they commit fine but dont seem to change on the server. Strange maybe its because changing folder name /plugin.program.xbmcsvninstaller to /plugin.program.wakeonlan and renaming /$wakeonlan to /$xbmcsvninstaller confused the svn :?

You'll have to take a look maybe I missed something
VanZan

Post by VanZan »

Dan this is the best thing I think I ever came across when using the old XBOX for XBMC. Marvellous work! Genius.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@VanZan
Thanks! should also credit B4K3D PI for making the builds available.