Jan'sEnglishXBMC4XBOX PLEASE NOT INSTALL - IS OUTDATED

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
seriouslycgi

Re: Jan'sEnglishXBMC4XBOX PLEASE NOT INSTALL - IS OUTDATED

Post by seriouslycgi »

its a shame some of the plugins are no longer working, i was checking them out today, and quite a few just end in script errors. they are not in the repo either, a lot of plugins and it seems like there are only a very limited amount of people with the skill to maintain them, id give it a go but i think id make more of a mess than help lol

the main ones we use work really well. as well as xbmc itself. we have used xbmc since just before it seperated from xbmc.org. so many years of entertainment goodness. before that we used geexbox on a pent3 pc, which has since been absorbed into the xbmc universe i see.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

seriouslycgi wrote:its a shame some of the plugins are no longer working, i was checking them out today, and quite a few just end in script errors. they are not in the repo either, a lot of plugins and it seems like there are only a very limited amount of people with the skill to maintain them, id give it a go but i think id make more of a mess than help lol

the main ones we use work really well. as well as xbmc itself. we have used xbmc since just before it seperated from xbmc.org. so many years of entertainment goodness. before that we used geexbox on a pent3 pc, which has since been absorbed into the xbmc universe i see.

what for addons your mean !

i have my jan'sxbmc4xbox declared as outdated and please not install!
cannellizer

Post by cannellizer »

whufclee wrote:Check this video out which shows you how to do it.

Hey thanks for the video tut. Actually, I have already tried this method, and in fact, my xbox shows DHCP with an IP next to it, as if it is working. But it is not actually connected to the internet, as I cannot doing anything in XBMC. The guy in the video mentions he is using an Ethernet cable, I actually only have a cross-over cable. Is the ethernet cable a must have for this to work, that is the only thing i can think of that is causing it not to work.

What do you think?

If this is so, I suppose I can get an ethernet cable, I have one, but its at my folks. Thanks
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

If the guy in the video says use an ethernet cable then I guess that's what's needed. It's not anything I've ever needed to do myself but I would presume it's an ethernet cable you want and not a crossover. They are cheap as chips to buy, I just purchased a 10m one for about £1.50