HLS main xbmc Frodo!

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
skatulskijean

HLS main xbmc Frodo!

Post by skatulskijean »

have we any chance to give xbmx4xbox the ability to stream HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) and M3U8 (Extended M3U) playlist support we on frodo?

Regards Jan
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: HLS main xbmc Frodo!

Post by BuZz »

hls streaming is supported in the latest nightly. feature requests should be posted on the bugtracker.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

thanks for adding BuzZ!

On moment no go on xbox addons or plugins (my hd is broken)!

And i make all again when i have a new HD!

Regards Jan
tim619

Post by tim619 »

Just want to say that for me HLS streaming (m3u8) doesnt work with 64mb xbox (I even set screen output to 480p). It crashes after loading 2 seconds. Doesnt matter which stream/site.
On mainline all of them work. Also posting debug isnt possible it seems it crashes too hard to write to debug. Maybe it only works on 128mb xbox.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

tim619 wrote:Just want to say that for me HLS streaming (m3u8) doesnt work with 64mb xbox (I even set screen output to 480p). It crashes after loading 2 seconds. Doesnt matter which stream/site.
On mainline all of them work. Also posting debug isnt possible it seems it crashes too hard to write to debug. Maybe it only works on 128mb xbox.
Buzz have on last xbmc4xbox Builds change the HLS code to the smaler FFmpeg Libs .So it is working without full codecs support on the xbmc settings.
Have you full codecs support on the settings activated?
When yes- deactivat it on the xbmc settings and give it a try.
tim619

Post by tim619 »

Thanks for your reply. I would assume I dont have full codec support enabled but I will have a look. For me it seems m3u8 is to hard for 64mb xbox. At latest state xbox has 32mb ram free next second it is already crashed...

Edit: I didnt have full codec support enabled. I now tried having it enabled but it even crashed faster...
I will now try setting a much bigger cache.

Edit2: Also bigger cache doesnt change anything it is just not working.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

I have differend xbox's with 128 MB RAM . But that will only help when the stream is not on 720p or 1080p.
What for a skin use you on your xbox .
switch to a lighter skin like mosaic.
tim619

Post by tim619 »

I know that you use 128mb and also all others are using 128mb which developed or use it. So there have never been anyone seeing it doesnt work on retail xbox.
I'm using Confluence Lite but that shouldnt make it. The change to 480p makes a bigger difference. Also the stream which I tried to load is low quality and works on my very low cpu laptop flawless. I will try to use project mayhem 3 with 480p...

Edit: As assumed correctly also PM3 breaks...