XBMC GUILib port to Xbox 360

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
r32crazy01

Re: XBMC GUILib port to Xbox 360

Post by r32crazy01 »

You can view/download the code from the following link:

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/xbmc360 ... HEAD/trunk

The Xbox 360 FFMpeg libs you can download here: http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name= ... ource_code

If anyone is interested in contributing I can give you write access on the repo. Keep in mind there is a lot of stuff missing still. You will find quite a lot of //FIXME - WIP comments.

As mentioned previously, please ignore ffplay.cpp. It's there for testing and is a very ugly mess :oops: , I'm working on DVDPlayer.

Cheers
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

Is anyone intrested in working on this and improving it?

I'm no longer working on it as I have reached the limit of my junior abilities. Got stuck with the stream packet and frame queues not working correctly :cry: . Plus the thread locks not working.

Doesn't help not been able to use the debugger (I'm unable to debug on my rgh 360).

I might post it up on some other forums.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

you jut need an ttl logic converter, xecuter comms cable or old nokia phone cable to connect up to the debug port on the console.

you can pick up a cheap debug kit these days as people are winding down development.
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

Thanks for the tips professor_jonny, I def want to look at getting a 360 debug kit. I have an xbox original debug kit and love it, makes life so much easier.

I ended up moving it back to PC and debugging there, I found the thread deadlocks were due to a very silly mistake :oops:. I was using a pthread_mutex_t variable as a class member in each thread rather than a static global variable. So basically defeating the purpose of making it thread safe.

Video is working, now to tackle the sound decoder and XAudio2 API.
gavin_darkglider

Post by gavin_darkglider »

Just curious if you are still working on this project. i found a similar project at http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic ... 78&p=69532, but it might be yours. Basics seem to work alright, at least from what I tried. Also your source repo is down. :( Look forward to seeing how this project progresses.
Jimbob7891

Post by Jimbob7891 »

GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

EddieSAloxy wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:52 am 2 xbox at same time ?
And all other software working fine
I can play, i can launch UnleashX, Original Dash, watch XMV, launch emulators ....
Only XBMC shut down my xbox
It looks like you're looking for help, which is off topic for this thread. Please make a post in the Help section here: viewforum.php?f=6
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!