XBMC4XBOX: Compile Error

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
Dom DXecutioner

XBMC4XBOX: Compile Error

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

I've tried to compile xbmc4xbox and i got the following error in the BuildLog.Htm

Code: Select all

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '.\xbmc\lib\unrarxlib\release\UnrarXLib.lib'
Results

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\xbmc4xbox\Release\BuildLog.htm"
xbmc - 1 error(s), 8 warning(s)
Any thoughts?
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: XBMC4XBOX: Compile Error

Post by BuZz »

something must have gone wrong building that library, did you build UnrarXLib ok ? try rebuilding that manually ?

you are building from the main solution file right ? xbmc.sln - and not just loading xbmc.vcproj ?
Dom DXecutioner

Care to share how? :/
Dom DXecutioner

Ummm... No, I just ran the build.bat as indicated in the wiki
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Oh. start by checking out the SVN to a location that doesn't contain spaces in the path - outside of "Documents and Settings" like C:/Repos/ or something.
Dom DXecutioner

Roger!
Dom DXecutioner

So.... following your suggestion, it worked!

Now, a side question; do you know where we can find the source for, what's referred to, cptspiff's code-reshuffle branch?

There's a lot of changes there that i'm looking for... whilst looking to do an update referred to as Added initial split of processing and rendering, I found, i'm sure various, prior commits are necessary to complete a successful build...

As an example; the build log provides the following error:

Code: Select all

GUIScrollBarControl.cpp(54) : error C2039: 'Process' : is not a member of 'CGUITextureD3D'
        c:\snvrepos\xbmc4xbox\xbmc\guilib\GUITextureD3D.h(37) : see declaration of 'CGUITextureD3D'
GUIScrollBarControl.cpp(55) : error C2039: 'Process' : is not a member of 'CGUITextureD3D'
        c:\snvrepos\xbmc4xbox\xbmc\guilib\GUITextureD3D.h(37) : see declaration of 'CGUITextureD3D'
GUIScrollBarControl.cpp(56) : error C2039: 'Process' : is not a member of 'CGUITextureD3D'
GUIScrollBarControl.cpp(57) : error C2039: 'Process' : is not a member of 'CGUITextureD3D'
GUIScrollBarControl.cpp(58) : error C2039: 'Process' : is not a member of 'CGUITextureD3D'
I, sorta, found the culprit within the CGUITexture.cpp ( missing the function "Process"), CGUITexture.h ( missing the reference ) - never mind the other diffs; however, diff and changes are nowhere to be found, at least during my research...

Anyway, not import - however, if you have a moment and chime in, I'd appreciated.

Thanks!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

that branch is likely gone/deleted now - the code is the commit you referenced though. The was mainly stuff being moved around though, I suspect the changes you are looking for were done before that - which can be found on their old SVN on SF if they are not on the git repository (which starts when linuxport was merged back to trunk). The linuxport branch is on sourceforge and likely contains stuff you are after.

The splitting of processing/rendering is not going to work without specific changes to the way the xbox renders etc - I have looked into before afair.
Dom DXecutioner

Thanks for the info... Guess I was shooting too far :)