XBMC4XBOX slim ?

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
wilderness

XBMC4XBOX slim ?

Post by wilderness »

Ok im a man on a mission to ask many silly questions(you may have noticed from other posts)

This time its this, seeing as people seem to like moding there XBOX's into slim versions is it not possible to do a slim version of XBMC4XBOX?

In that i mean get rid of all the bells and whistles that make it great and just make it into a player, so dump the plugins, throw out the weather, junk the database, have a fixed skin (480p/720p ?), maybe still have the ability to show thumbs and nfo's that are with the video files and hopefully with the ram saved play more 720p stuff ?

I know this is probably a stooopid idea because of the work involved but this is my mission :lol:
r32crazy01

Re: XBMC4XBOX slim ?

Post by r32crazy01 »

You could make a custom skin with the above functionality mentioned not included.
wilderness

Re: XBMC4XBOX slim ?

Post by wilderness »

ok but would that not still leave all mechanics there ? a bit like taking the body of a Rolls Royce and putting a 2CV shell on it(bad analogy). I dont really know enough about X4X but i suppose im thinking more along the lines of just leaving the player parts so its a bit like VLC (my mission continues)