ERROR: PICTURE:

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
byron

ERROR: PICTURE:

Post by byron »

In transparency, to get CDart or movie art the code is simple:

Code: Select all

<texture diffuse="disc_mask.png" fallback="disc.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,cdart.png]</texture>

[[[ OR ]]]

<texture fallback="disc-dvd.png" diffuse="disc_mask.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,disc.png]</texture>

it works, but gets sluggish because of this if there isn't disc.png/cdart.png in the folder:

Code: Select all

10:43:12 M: 28241920   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image /Thievery Corporation/The Mirror Conspiracy/cdart.png
10:59:20 M: 37502976   ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
10:59:29 M: 30785536   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://DUDE-PC/xbmc music/Ween Realesed/12 Golden Country Greats/cdart.png
10:59:30 M: 30785536   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://DUDE-PC/xbmc music/Ween Realesed/At the Cat's Cradle, 1992 Disc 1/cdart.png
10:59:30 M: 30523392   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://DUDE-PC/xbmc music/Ween Realesed/Chocolate and Cheese/cdart.png
10:59:30 M: 31043584   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://DUDE-PC/xbmc music/Ween Realesed/Live At The Cats Cradle 1992/cdart.png
10:59:30 M: 31043584   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://DUDE-PC/xbmc music/Ween Realesed/Paintin' the Town Brown- Ween Live '90-'98 Disc 1/cdart.png
10:59:30 M: 30208000   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://DUDE-PC/xbmc music/Ween Realesed/Ween - All Request Live/cdart.png
10:59:31 M: 29536256   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://DUDE-PC/xbmc music/white noise/ShadowFax/cdart.png
Wasn't sure if this is an issue with xbmc or not, so I figured I'd post here instead of skin dev. I used a manual string workaround for some images, but it's really hacky, breaks other stuff in the skin, and I think the above code is correct. The skin seems to be doing what it's supposed to, and after literally days of manipulation I keep coming back to these questions.
  • Is there a way to not throw the errors in the skin via conditional visibility (I couldn't figure it out)?
  • Is this an issue with backward compatability?
  • Is the code from up top proper?
  • Is it a bug in xbmc4xbox?
Here is a proper debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=112873
tim619

Re: ERROR: PICTURE:

Post by tim619 »

Have you found a solution for it? At least with running a short python script which turns on/off the condition if file exists, it should work.
Btw is there a high ram/cpu usage when enabling cdart? I'm interested in creating such feature for xbox games...
byron

Post by byron »

Sorry for the very late response to this post...I should keep better track of my own threads :| No, I never figured it out and to be honest it's been almost a year and I really don't even remotely have a clear idea anymore of what I was thinking when I posted this [except] I had just spent several months porting transparency! for our platform. I was going to create a ticket but was hoping that BuZz might chime in here to shed a bit of light before wasting his time and then this thread just slipped through the cracks until you dug it up...perhaps now might be a good time to create that ticket if the issue hasn't been resolved.
tim619 wrote:Btw is there a high ram/cpu usage when enabling cdart? I'm interested in creating such feature for xbox games...
That depends on if you're using insanely high resolutions or not...if you have 256x256 .png's at 400kb and then try to put that in a poster wrap you can kiss your xbmc4xbox session goodbye :) if you have those same images at 40-50kb it should flow nicely...I keep getting surprised at how well this software will load and unload images "on the fly" tbh. Obviously for those of us not using pimped out boxes the lower the res/kb the better, but I keep trying to find the fine line there...
tim619

Post by tim619 »

Thanks for your answer. That sounds good. I thought about creating a python script that auto-creates cdart pngs from large scan files using transparency effect, automatically resize and cropping. When I have holidays I'll take a look at this :)
bale141

Post by bale141 »

yeh we may need to repoint to the gotham repo
Ahmed