unofficial repo browser comes up empty

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
byron

unofficial repo browser comes up empty

Post by byron »

Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, hasn't been working for me for a while now. Figured since the python has been revamped and mainline addons have better support now, it would be a good idea to at least bring this to light in case it hasn't already been addressed.

http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/issues/278
mrmajikbus45

Re: unofficial repo browser comes up empty

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

I can confirm that byron is correct on this aspect.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

it parses data directly from the wiki, so it is easy to break if the markup changes. You opened a ticket I see, so I'll look at it when I get the chance.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

In the mean time, I've been circumventing the issue by installing third party repos via zip files.

I typically add fusion.xbmchub.com:80 as a HTTP source in file manager. Then i copy the repo plugin's zip to a local directory. Install from zip all the repos you desire, and they will be added to the plugin sources list in the installer.

It should be noted that I need to put the local copies in Q, the file manager window that pops out when selecting the zip doesn't list my local partitions. Not sure if it's related to the script or recent SVN changes.
byron

Post by byron »

I've been doing that too...I even tried installing the super repo for sh**s and giggles but I ran out of spce on my hard drive :) not sure where it even installed the chunk that it unzipped...
byron

Post by byron »

Okay...so I can confirm this is working

XBMC Super repo

So download that from here (in case you're interested in the info)...and then install the zip from a4x. I can say that its pretty much any addon that you could ever want to "try" and install. Don't know wether they work or not...
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Actually that's quite a good idea, I would never recommend using superrepo for mainbranch but for xbox it could be very useful :)

Also you can easily install from fusion or xfinity too, just add as a source in filemanager as normal but the difference with xbox is that you can't install from zip via an http source in filemanager (or at least you couldn't the last time I tried). The workaround I used was to just use filemanager to copy the relevant repo from fusion/xfinity to the HDD and then use a4x to install from zip and locate that local file.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Hay! Thanks for the super repo info, i hadn't heard of it but sounds worth exploring.

Whufclee, i can confirm your results about installing remotely. A4X issues aren't useful at the moment from my understanding of recent BuZz commentary. But I will raise anyway. - Maybe it's useful while the new py version settles.

I have no recollection of how caches work with the Xbox. But it could work to cache the selected zip to a working temp directory before install. The X4X Installer seems to take that approach with little problem.

Of course, we need to interject the functionality for automatically checking if source is local.

... And this is my finding, I don't remember encountering it before the recent bug squashings around the File Browser and folders. I load up in the Q:/ drive root, and upon backing out to view other partition/sources, only the network sources are listed. Backing out and dropping them in Q is the only way I could figure to browse/select the local zip.