Hello :) X3 LCD, Xlink Kai client

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
knarkuff

Hello :) X3 LCD, Xlink Kai client

Post by knarkuff »

Two things I am trying to fix.

Xlink Kai.

I have found from scouring google an old xbmc 2.?? source code that has the kai client in the build. I am in the process of finding all of the kai clients components and then looking at them to find there dependencies. and cross referencing this with xbmc4xbox 3.3.3 source code.

I have started reincorporating these into these into the 3.3.3 source. Which is producing many errors but I am squashing them as I go. Any one else fancy giving it a shot?

Also on my journey to find out about the old kai client I have used some old builds of xbmc. In the older builds this one for reference XBMC-2.0.1-FINAL-FAT-T3CH when I launch a game the LCD displays the game title and it remains whilst you are playing the game. on recent builds starting revision 14095 up until your current the LCD no longer does this. It flashes up the information and then goes blank. I think in the older builds of xbmc the display timeout is set to longer than it takes for the .xbe to launch which means it is sustained on the LCD as ther is nothing to clear it.

But I do not know where to look to change the parameters for this in the source code, any one got any pointers?

The thing that has sparked my interest in having KaiClient available on the xbox is this http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44006 it is a headless server for the raspberry pi. So being able to control it from the xbox would be awesome.
AwesomeNurd

Re: Hello :) X3 LCD, Xlink Kai client

Post by AwesomeNurd »

I wish I had the knowledge to help mate :)
I also wish that my X3LCD will be able to show the game title or any .xbe title when launched, and it's true, this was the case with the old builds.
Maybe Buzz will be able to answer your questions.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I can only suggest you look through source history etc. There is utils/LCD.cpp which does some LCD stuff. you can look to see what else is used. also check LCD.xml.

You shouldn't need to find an old source code - it's all in the svn - if you are unfamiliar with subversion, there is plenty of information online. xlink kai was removed in r14099 and some more bits in later revisions.
knarkuff

Post by knarkuff »

Thank you Buzz, I will do :)
knarkuff

Post by knarkuff »

The last version I can confirm that the lcd maintained the output message was revision 7767 so I am going to compare this to the current build.

I cannot see anything obvious to do with the launching of .xbe's In LCD.cpp, LCD.h or LCDfactory.cpp or LCDfactory.h.

The xbox still very briefly displays the message in the current build it just doesn't maintain it. I am going to look for something specific to do with .xbe launching to see if there is anything different there.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Fingers crossed mate :)
nayparm

Post by nayparm »

Yeah, hope you find something mate, It's not so bad now i'm using a VFD (no backlight like LCD) but would still prefer it to stay on. And with an LCD it looks crap with a bright blue background and no text :(
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Any news on this? :(
sirkingchase

Post by sirkingchase »

AWESOME!

Xlink is the reason why I still use the old version of xbmc. Currently, it still works! This should just be a port.

There is a bug though, once the Xlink session is initialized I have to change my default gateway to the IP address of my Xlink host. The first time I use XLink ( session has not been established ), I do not have to do this. It is only after I play a game and turn off the xbox do I need to change my gateway.

Also, I am not using the Headless Linux Client instead I simply launch the old GUI dependent ( LINUX ) Xlink client in a VNC Session ( my system is headless ). I then created a systemctl stript and I have it running as a service that starts on boot.

I also have the last source that Xlink released public before going private with the code.
00diabolic

Post by 00diabolic »

Thank you for looking into this. I have also used old builds just to get to xlink kai.. I wonder how many people are on there playing the old games still though? It was only an xbox networking app thing right?
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

There are many Latin American players on Halo 2, I sometimes play it too :D
sirkingchase

Post by sirkingchase »

Hate to nag but any progress on this? Lol sorry, you grabbed my attention!

Also now I am going to use XBMC4XBOX full time and only toggle XBMCKai when I need it. Simply because I can only get UPnP source to load my content correctly on XBMC4XBOX, on the old version it loads but freezes when I try to play certain material.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

This would be great to have back , but I wonder how many would use it ,
would it be even possible now or has other code taken up its space ?If it would work I for one would like it .
Would anyone have an xbmc build this deffo works on and if so could I /people interested just have two builds on our xboxes I.e 1 .xbmc4xbox
2 .xbmckai
Would this work ok ......
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

I fixed the "Playing App/Game name" disappearing a second after launch using the latest 3.5b2.

It now stays there the whole time after launching the game/app on my xbox.

I needed to comment out g_application.Stop(); in Util.cpp under the RunXBE function.
Last edited by r32crazy01 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

That's great for the X3LCD, how can we get it now? :D
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

AwesomeNurd wrote:That's great for the X3LCD, how can we get it now? :D
Here is a link to a download XBMC 3.5 B2 LCD Fix
Last edited by r32crazy01 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Thank you, downloading right now, I hope this will be implemented in the future builds :)
mrdally204

Post by mrdally204 »

r32crazy01,

Please click on the development tab at the top, create a new issue and submit your code changes. That way it may make it out with the next beta / release. Thanks for the fix!
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

@r32crazy01:

I wanted to ask you by the way, is the name of the app/game scrolling or it's only limited to 20 characters? I think it doesn't scroll.
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

@AwesomeNurd

Yea it's not scrolling unfortunately, from my understanding xbmc has the code to make it scroll so while in the app/game it doesn't have the ability.

@mrdally204

Good idea, I will create an account and submit it. Thanks