Live-TV-Option possible ???

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.

Live-TV-Option possible ???

Post by 49152 »

When using XBMC on OS X or a Raspberry Pi, you can choose to have "Live TV" as an option in XBMC´s starting screen.
I´d like to ask, if it would be possible to implement this option in XBMC4XBOX, too.

On OS X and Raspbmc, I used this manual: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/VUPlus and it works perfect for me.

I´m using a Dreambox 7020HD as a server for Live TV and my XBOX can already receive streaming-live-TV, but not as a part of XBMC´s menu like in OS X or on Raspbmc (EPG-Data, Timers, cool looking channellist .....).

Thanks for all answers and help and sorry for my poor english.
sahib12

Re: Live-TV-Option possible ???

Post by sahib12 »

This would be pretty cool in xbmc4xbox, but if it does get added then it would have to be easier to set up than the pi, maybe its just me not used to mainline xbmc but its difficult to set up live tv
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

this sounds cool. :)
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

i would also like to see this option. i currently use tvcatchup but alot of channels have been removed as they they to secure their broadcasting license, so not im stuck with vettle and trying to currently find either film on or notfilmon. Are there other tv plugins out there

i also had a dbo2 (similar to dreambox but cable based) also have the standard dreambo which was well worth it. channel lists can be reedited to suit the user, it works perfectly on the bo and its cheap

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
murphio

Post by murphio »

49152 wrote: I´m using a Dreambox 7020HD as a server for Live TV and my XBOX can already receive streaming-live-TV, but not as a part of XBMC´s menu like in OS X or on Raspbmc (EPG-Data, Timers, cool looking channellist .....).
Out of interest how do you receive your dreambox feed on your xbox?

Post by 49152 »

Out of interest how do you receive your dreambox feed on your xbox?
I just followed the steps as shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVwVXH0gW-Y

After that, I increased all caches to their limits and everything now works excellently. I´m streaming from a Dreambox 7020HD cable-based via Powerline-Adapters from TP-Link. Router is a Fritzbox 7330. Hope, that this will help you setup your own Live-TV.
murphio

Post by murphio »

Got this working with my technomate - this old box never ceases to amaze me. :D
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I do the same thing with a octagon sf1018 also same as a rebranded atemio 7000hd or fortis f9000.
any enigma based decoder should be able to stream to an xbox with the correct image or plugin setup.
javiertoti

Post by javiertoti »

Hi, is there any plugin to connect mediaportal to XBMC4XBOX or any news about PVR in our xbox?

Post by 49152 »

javiertoti wrote:Hi, is there any plugin to connect mediaportal to XBMC4XBOX or any news about PVR in our xbox?
I think you´re in the wrong thread. This is a thread about enabling the LIVE-TV-OPTION in XBMC4XBOX, not mediaportal.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

i think we should have a vote and see if we can get the big guys to give us live tv on xbmc4xbox, im not sure how this would be done but i hope we get lucky.

Post by 49152 »

NOTTHESAME wrote:i think we should have a vote and see if we can get the big guys to give us live tv on xbmc4xbox, im not sure how this would be done but i hope we get lucky.
Don´t know if it is technically possible, but this would be another killer-feature for the good old XBOX. I agree, we should definitely have a vote.

Post by 49152 »

Any developer out there, who could give a short statement on implementing LIVE-TV-Option on the XBOX?
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

49152 wrote:Any developer out there, who could give a short statement on implementing LIVE-TV-Option on the XBOX?
If you have a MythTV Server, it is possible to watch live streams using a source set up as a MythTV client. This is built into XBMC4XBOX natively, I have tested and had it working in the past. BuZz has a thread out there asking for people to test it.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

fxmech wrote:
49152 wrote:Any developer out there, who could give a short statement on implementing LIVE-TV-Option on the XBOX?
If you have a MythTV Server, it is possible to watch live streams using a source set up as a MythTV client. This is built into XBMC4XBOX natively, I have tested and had it working in the past. BuZz has a thread out there asking for people to test it.
Yep. http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=9&t=178

Post by 49152 »

fxmech wrote:
I don´t have a MythTV Server, I have got a Satellite receiver called Dreambox 7020HD. Following these instructions : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVwVXH0gW-Y , you can watch LIVE TV, but just as a video source. All the other conveniences (PVR programming, ingenious EPG, full integration as a menu point next to videos, programmes, music and weather) are not yet implemented. So my only intention and question is, if this option would be possible on an XBOX with XBMC4XBOX like in Raspbmc for Raspberry Pi, OS X... I don´t know the Microsoft Windows version, but I´m sure, this thing surely works there, too.

Post by 49152 »

Maybe a developer could post a comment on this. Thank you in advance.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Yeah, you seem to want the whole new XBMC Live TV / PVR / DRV integration, not just the stream playback.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR

Probably not going to happen any time soon, although feel free to log a ticket following the discussion here for Buzz to see.
http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/xbmc4xbox/
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

A python script could be written for any setup that provides remote APIs/etc

It could read out EPG or manage the recording schedules. Add the recordings directory to video sources and it would be simple enough. This would have to be implemented at many levels for real integration to happen.

As a script it could be easy enough to create a sub-interface for dealing with different backends.