XBMC4Xbox 3.5.1 is released

Announcements about XBMC4XBOX
BuZz
Site Admin

XBMC4Xbox 3.5.1 is released

Post by BuZz »

XBMC4Xbox 3.5.1 is now available. It is a minor update from 3.5 to fix some recent problems with scrapers and the Addon installer:
  • Fixes for the TMDB scraper – including search, certification, and images.
  • Updates to the Addons installer script – it now includes the XBMC Gotham repository, as well as the Kodi Helix repository. Unfortunately we have no working youtube addon currently as there was an API change on youtube which stopped the older youtube addon working. There is a newer one for Kodi, but it requires some changes to be made compatible with XBMC4Xbox.
  • Moved our XBMC4Xbox Addons repository off Google Code, since that service is closing down. It is now hosted on our own equipment along with the main XBMC4Xbox repository.
Thanks to Dan Dar3 and Dom for contributing to the TMDB fixes. Thanks also to everyone who helps out on the forum.

If you enjoy using XBMC4Xbox and want to show your support for the ongoing development please consider making a donation to the project. Please also do join in the discussions over at our Forum.

See the development page for links to the source code and the SVN repository. For binary builds, read the information on the download page. For those that want to build from source, 3.5.1 is tagged here: https://svn.exotica.org.uk:8443/xbmc4xbox/tags/3.5.1/.
spicemuseum

Re: XBMC4Xbox 3.5.1 is released

Post by spicemuseum »

BuZz wrote:See the development page for links to the source code and the SVN repository. For binary builds, read the information on the download page. For those that want to build from source, 3.5.1 is tagged here: https://svn.exotica.org.uk:8443/xbmc4xbox/tags/3.5.1/.
I can't get at that from my current location, so...
BuZz wrote:
  • Moved our XBMC4Xbox Addons repository off Google Code, since that service is closing down. It is now hosted on our own equipment along with the main XBMC4Xbox repository.
What changelist is implicated in that?
Does it affect compiled XBMC code, or just an XML file...?
What will be the functional effect for anyone continuing to use 3.5 (i.e. not upgrading)?
If it will stop working for 3.5 users, is there a workaround other than installing 3.5.1?

(I'm not suggesting moving to 3.5.1 is a bad thing, simply want to understand the consequences of not doing so.)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

What changelist is implicated in that?
Does it affect compiled XBMC code, or just an XML file...?
What will be the functional effect for anyone continuing to use 3.5 (i.e. not upgrading)?
If it will stop working for 3.5 users, is there a workaround other than installing 3.5.1?
the old addons repository at google code will continue to work until google code shut it down, but no addons will be updated. This is just the selection of addons we host (listed under the addons link in the main nav above)

Also the old xbmc4xbox addons installer referenced the XBMC Frodo addons repository, which doesn't get many updated. The newer one referenced XBMC Gotham (and Kodi Helix). However, many of those addons may not work (I've not tested many recently, but I know things like the new youtube addon do not work)

There are no real code changes to xbmc4xbox in this update. Just changes to the addons4xbox installer (repository changes as mentioned and some code changes to update repositories when a new version comes along)., and scraper fixes.
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

thank you!
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
Doomkingdom

Post by Doomkingdom »

Where do i download it i dont understand how to work that svn and my web browser keeps having problems trying to block it.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Here you go .
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=781
Unofficial Builds: 3.5.1 + Nightly
Scroll back to the first post .
jasonhendry

Post by jasonhendry »

hawsey wrote:Here you go .
Thank You !